• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
20 hours ago, Melangoose said:

A little video from earlier today

Epic video there. 

love dcc gives you ability to film train behind like that. Really good video gives such a good perspective overview of the layout. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

Had a day out to the Great Electric Train Show with my dear friend Steve (RussellBridge2017).  Principally to see the Rail Nuts Making Tracks all joined together.  And what a day out it was, first time I had been to Gets.  Making Tracks was very inspiring and what details.  Great stock as well.  Was nice to catch up with Aron from the Rail Nuts (he is the OHLE Guru), have known him for many years.

Edited by Melangoose
Typo
  • Like 8

• RMweb Gold
On 01/10/2023 at 09:18, Melangoose said:

Thanks for the comments on the video.  It was a lot of fun to make.  Maybe do some more when I have time.

I want to know how you made the invisible string that’s pulling the 158 along.

:-)

Paul.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I am proceeding (at my usual snail’s pace) with area where the Station scenic break is.  The pedestrian crossing is coming along nicely, although there are certain lines and flashes (that are on a current crossing), I have not included as I want to be able to backdate the layout to 1990 (when I fancy running my stock from that era).

IMG_8626.jpeg.e5293b459fd506cdbd0f8d96184f3c3c.jpeg

IMG_8627.jpeg.b665afa0f91fe0f27b090c4648ed1fe0.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Craftsmanship/clever 4

Hi Nigel, may I ask what the actual road surface is please and how are you making the pavements and kerbs? I'm just about to start similar features and being in a shed wanted to avoid paper/card stuff really and obviously reduce the number of joints as much as possible. Many thanks in advance 😎

The road surface is painted MDF along with Scale Model Scenery Pavement Laser Cut MDF Sections (LX217-OO for the straights and LX218-OO for the 90 degree corners)

The Road surface is painted with Vallejo Air 71.049 Sea Grey, I also when wet dab in a few drops of 71.315 Tire Black in the central part of each lane (just to add a weathered down and used look).  For the Road markings I mask out the lines and dab 70.989 Sky Grey with a cotton wool Make Up Stick and with the stick wipe off the majority of the paint (gives it a faded look).  

For the pavements I use 71.312 Medium Grey (which although it says medium grey there is a little bit of beige colour in 71.312 so good for concrete look).  I also add in a couple of the Scale Model Scenery Drains.

Hope this helps.  If you have anymore questions just ask

IMG_8778.jpeg.8e179d5fa9c8f117197d586efa2bc23d.jpeg

IMG_8779.jpeg.f481d8d44692b08f88dd631a1ed8d2c6.jpeg

IMG_8784.jpeg.779dca91213e6f7d4b8d3fdf82352acd.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2