3 hours ago, 5BarVT said:

Those weeds look good.  Based on the pavements around us, about 18 months to 2 years of neglect.

Paul.

Thanks for your comments.  I was hoping to portray a platform that hadn’t been used for several decade’s, I maybe need to go back to the drawing board and re think.

I think the weeds look rather good and a good base for anything moving forward, I'm sure I have some photo's taken the the end of Solihul station which was fenced off decades ago, if I find them I'll post them if you like? Other than that isn't there an overgrown station near Smethwick Galton Bridge, I've only ever noticed it when going past but I seem to recall that a lot of the trees at the rear overhang the platform lots adding to the effect.

Keep up the great work and sharing your pictures 😀

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Iron Horse said:

I think the weeds look rather good and a good base for anything moving forward, I'm sure I have some photo's taken the the end of Solihul station which was fenced off decades ago, if I find them I'll post them if you like? Other than that isn't there an overgrown station near Smethwick Galton Bridge, I've only ever noticed it when going past but I seem to recall that a lot of the trees at the rear overhang the platform lots adding to the effect.

Keep up the great work and sharing your pictures 😀

Any pictures  that you have of a closed station or disused platform would be much appreciated.  I was using the old platform from Russell Bridge as my inspiration, and the basis of an old platform with flock around it.  

F5844858-10ED-411C-9AB0-2B93427CB36A.jpeg

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Melangoose said:

Any pictures  that you have of a closed station or disused platform would be much appreciated.  I was using the old platform from Russell Bridge as my inspiration, and the basis of an old platform with flock around it.  

F5844858-10ED-411C-9AB0-2B93427CB36A.jpeg

Can’t you just look out the window at Dinton and Wilton South for some ideas? 😉

• RMweb Gold
On 12/04/2022 at 01:54, Melangoose said:

Got some Rmwebbers coming over this evening with some 1980/90’s stock.  So I have got a couple of my Heritage Trains to run as well.

Here’s the results of that 80’s night

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Iron Horse said:

Solihull March2014

Which, I think, might be about 45 ish years of neglect.  Certainly in 1974 it looked a lot more as modelled earlier.

Paul.

9 hours ago, Melangoose said:

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the link, if I can get my shrubbery looking half as good as your new project, I would be a happy man.  Look forward to seeing you at the NEC and catching up.

Stafford first if your going?

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/09/2022 at 14:28, Melangoose said:

I’ve been experimenting with some Woodlands Scenics Privacy Fencing, although this is an HO Scale product, I think it looks the part especially with some overgrown weeds.  

Nigel, you need a police car in the car park of the cafe, that's prime driver training territory.  Leave it with me 😉🚓

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

13 hours ago, pitbull1845 said:

Nigel, you need a police car in the car park of the cafe, that's prime driver training territory.  Leave it with me 😉🚓

I hear that the Police Driver Training Unit know all the best cafe’s.

BE160B83-1412-4F78-9E0E-EA2500583282.jpeg

Edited by Melangoose
  • Like 3
  • Funny 4

• 2 weeks later...