10 hours ago, Melangoose said:

A little project for the Xmas period was to partially repaint my Metals Sector BAA’s so they matched my Cavalex BLA Coil wagons.  Just have to TCut out the sector markings and a couple of Railfreight logos on the BLA’s, then they will be of for Weathering.

397AC644-E2ED-4244-BFC1-D5A1D99C4C09.jpeg.ed10f54ada67fe74feb329cc2f93f4dd.jpeg

4A703532-4307-4A6B-88DF-0E3E5B7CC082.jpeg.c7dcac31131b9236f60fe64794c3ef7c.jpeg

Sorry - the pictures are really too small to appreciate what you're showing us what you've done.

Edited by Melly

57 minutes ago, Melly said:

Sorry - the pictures are really too small to appreciate what you're showing us what you've done.

Have tried to make the BAA pictures on the previous page a little larger for you.

2291E878-7D51-4B88-82FE-67F0A6535DB0.jpeg.60624b99aa02a59f4b3a193667a2f6a6.jpeg

Edited by Melangoose
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

89 is a good innings, and 50 years of trains together.  But that won’t replace him, especially in the short term.  Best wishes to you and yours as you come to terms with your loss.

Paul.

• Friendly/supportive 1

My condolences Nigel to you and your family. I lost my Father in April last year after a grand innings of 92. We too enjoyed over 50 years of rail enthusiasm together (he even manged to blag me a cab ride in my last 50 for haulage) but it's been a hard 9 months without him. Take care and take each day as it comes remembering all the good times, it's those memories that have helped me!

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 4 months later...

Im no fan of the modern scene at 12” to 1’ scale but this is wonderful modelling. Superb photos. That Betty is just perfectly weathered. Wonderful stuff.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

I do like these scenic mats, the Dutch seem to have a knack for making them.  I think they look better than static grass for larger areas (certainly for the way I apply static grass, anyway...)

• Agree 1

Checked in on my friend Steve Jones, he is building a model of Fairwood Junction (this is where the Westbury avoider joins the lines to Westbury station and yards).  He started the layout in October and has progressed rather well in that time. 

• Like 13

• RMweb Premium
16 hours ago, Melangoose said:

Checked in on my friend Steve Jones, he is building a model of Fairwood Junction (this is where the Westbury avoider joins the lines to Westbury station and yards).  He started the layout in October and has progressed rather well in that time. 

Was wondering does Steve have a layout topic feed on rweb. This is an excellent layout modelling a cool place I used to know well. live in Plymouth and many moons ago went to uni in Portsmouth spent many an hour changing at Westbury with the odd walk to fair wood to watch trains. 

If he hasn't got layout feed I hope he starts one soon to see the history of his layout would be very interesting. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 16/06/2023 at 06:36, GWRPhil said:

Was wondering does Steve have a layout topic feed on rweb. This is an excellent layout modelling a cool place I used to know well. live in Plymouth and many moons ago went to uni in Portsmouth spent many an hour changing at Westbury with the odd walk to fair wood to watch trains. 

If he hasn't got layout feed I hope he starts one soon to see the history of his layout would be very interesting. 

Unfortunately Steve doesn’t do rmweb, hence me posting the video on my layout page.  Steve is part of a group of modellers who built Sydney Gardens and Chilcompton, which have been on the exhibition circuit for the last few years (Sydney Gardens will be up for sale later in the year, anyone interested send me a pm and I will pass on your details).  Steve also built a steam era layout called Seend, a modern day model of Westbury Cement and when I first knew him he had a layout called South Devon Cliffs which was a section of the Dawlish Seawall (think it was featured in ModelRail about 15 years ago).

Edited by Melangoose
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Took this picture to my local guys my recent progress, now I have started the scenery in the curve.  Quite impressed with the picture so I thought that I would share it with you folk as well. 

IMG_7483.jpeg.096543e31e46d2a03e0f6a5983936210.jpeg

Feel with the scenery that I am progressing at a steady pace.   I started WR in the autumn of 2018, would be nice if I could have a big push and get the layout in a semi completed state for its 5th birthday (those that know me will be saying “Dream on”).  

• Like 15
  • Round of applause 2