RevolutioN announce MMA/JNA in OO

Andy Y

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Shaun66 said:

Any update on these @Revolution Ben, as they are not listed on the Project section on the website, which I regularly check. 

There is a small amount of additional tooling needed to accurately depict the latest Wascosa/Network Rail and Touax versions.  Once this is done we will open the order book.  It won't be long, but we don't have an exact date.

cheers

Ben A.

• Like 5

47 minutes ago, Revolution Ben said:

There is a small amount of additional tooling needed to accurately depict the latest Wascosa/Network Rail and Touax versions.  Once this is done we will open the order book.  It won't be long, but we don't have an exact date.

cheers

Ben A.

Thanks Ben, I knew you was working on the additional tooling, just thought I’d highlight the fact it’s not on the projects page at all. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, sc2016 said:

On this 2nd Batch are you going to produce Cappagh blue version without the branding & also the darker VTG Blue? 

Thanks,

Samuel.

Hi there,

We haven't finalised the selection, but I would be surpised if the 'new' versions don't largely echo those produced earlier this year in N.  This includes the Cappagh branded and unbranded.  The VTG dark blue spot-hire versions were produced last time round, so we may not run these again. 

cheers

Ben A.

• Like 1

I hadn’t realised GBRf had these wagons in the lighter blue. I’ve always seen them in the darker blue variant. Hopefully these will be another option whether it be in the main release or a retailer limited edition.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Hi there,

The lighter blue GBRf wagons are part of a new batch owned by Porterbrook and with, again, some detail differences to those produced previously.

And yes, we are tooling these versions with the appropriate detail differences.

cheers

Ben A.

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

2 hours ago, Revolution Ben said:

Hi there,

The lighter blue GBRf wagons are part of a new batch owned by Porterbrook and with, again, some detail differences to those produced previously.

And yes, we are tooling these versions with the appropriate detail differences.

cheers

Ben A.

Many thanks for the reply Ben. A 👍🏻 just out of curiosity, what are the differences between earlier and later builds? I’m not too familiar with these wagons but I’ve got a couple of rakes from your first batch and they run absolutely faultlessly! Very much looking forward to ordering further rakes in new liveries 😊

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, Shoey said:

just out of curiosity, what are the differences between earlier and later builds?

Hi there,

The first built versions for DB had nine ribs and bodyside doors witjh parking brake handwheels mounted on the underframe.  Later versions built for Ermewa had no bodyside door; versions for VTG have eleven bodyside ribs, with or without a bodyside door and the parking brake equipment on one of the bogies.  The latest Touax and Wascosa ones have revised body-mounted parking brakes, while the new GB ones are owned by Porterbrook and have 11 ribs with a bodyside door on one side only and slightly revised ends.

cheers

Ben A.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 5

On 15/06/2023 at 08:53, Revolution Ben said:

Hi there,

The first built versions for DB had nine ribs and bodyside doors witjh parking brake handwheels mounted on the underframe.  Later versions built for Ermewa had no bodyside door; versions for VTG have eleven bodyside ribs, with or without a bodyside door and the parking brake equipment on one of the bogies.  The latest Touax and Wascosa ones have revised body-mounted parking brakes, while the new GB ones are owned by Porterbrook and have 11 ribs with a bodyside door on one side only and slightly revised ends.

cheers

Ben A.

They don't make it easy for you that's for sure.

I'm looking forward to hopefully some GBRf darker blue ones to complement my Ermewa grey ones for the Llandudno Junction slate trains 😎

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, adb968008 said:

how do they properly empty these things, without an access door ?

The grab driver at Eccles Road can get 99% of the stone out, when the (empty) rake was then used for sand they were hand cleared, a man would literally be put into the wagon and brush up the remnants.

Nowadays the empties return to Toton and as they are only used on stone workings there is no need for a hand clear.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, Shoey said:

@Revolution Ben Any chance of the next batch of JNA/MMA wagons will come with spare handbrake wheels? I have a couple of my wagons missing them and they’re not in the box anywhere… 😭

IMG_4958.jpeg

IMG_4959.jpeg

We have spoken about getting some extra spares of these as there's a few people, including me in the same boat. It's unlikely that we'll provide spares with the wagons though.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Revolution Mike B said:

We have spoken about getting some extra spares of these as there's a few people, including me in the same boat. It's unlikely that we'll provide spares with the wagons though.

Thanks for the speedy reply as always. Hopefully you’ll be able to get some spares 🤞🏻 Just thought I’d ask the question as your TEA’s come with spares in the box.

• RMweb Gold

Want to show off your MMAs and EWS/DBC liveries on your 66s ?

Eccles Road
26/06/2023 (Monday)
66221 and 66078 on 6M64, 09:25, Norwich Goods Yard - Toton North Yard (13:42) - empty stone (8 MMA), 66078 failed on 23/06/2023 and was rescued by 66221

image.png.ab0ae26194ef68d5dae39d7f2a90ce47.png

image.png.55e791db40d5a1e3fa3b0f9d3d448265.png

• Like 10

On 10/06/2023 at 14:55, Revolution Ben said:

Hi there,

We haven't finalised the selection, but I would be surpised if the 'new' versions don't largely echo those produced earlier this year in N.  This includes the Cappagh branded and unbranded.  The VTG dark blue spot-hire versions were produced last time round, so we may not run these again. 

cheers

Ben A.

Hi Ben A, 

Thanks for getting back to me. I did buy some of the VTG dark blue versions in the last batch as they were running on the Cornwall sand train but could only get two of them at the time as i brought other stuff which arrived around the same time and was hoping to get more of them but if they aren't produced again i will get some of the lighter unbranded Cappagh versions instead. 

Thanks,

Samuel.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

With Kernow Models announcing another limited edition run of the MRL livery JNA’s exclusively via themselves, in their description it says delivery is expected Q1 2024 so can’t imagine the order book isn’t far off from opening for the next run 🤞🏻

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

How about another JNA variation for the wish list (mine is N gauge) - the silver grey wagons from WH Davis for Land Recovery?
End doors, 12 ribs plus two thicker end ribs with separate long panels labelled “Land Recovery Ltd in a stylish font. Most eye catching is surely that at least three of the 30 strong fleet have their panels labelled “If Carlsberg did recycling” with the brewery’s name in green.

Have these ever ventured south of the Thames?

• Like 2

15 hours ago, ModRXsouth said:

How about another JNA variation for the wish list (mine is N gauge) - the silver grey wagons from WH Davis for Land Recovery?
End doors, 12 ribs plus two thicker end ribs with separate long panels labelled “Land Recovery Ltd in a stylish font. Most eye catching is surely that at least three of the 30 strong fleet have their panels labelled “If Carlsberg did recycling” with the brewery’s name in green.

Have these ever ventured south of the Thames?

Not my video but these ventured along the sea wall a couple of months ago as a trial run. Seeing them just once in my area is a good enough excuse for me to get a rake on the layout! 😄

Edited by Shoey
  • Like 2
  • Round of applause 1

On 30/09/2023 at 08:00, Shoey said:

Not my video but these ventured along the sea wall a couple of months ago as a trial run. Seeing them just once in my area is a good enough excuse for me to get a rake on the layout! 😄

So the Land Recovery boxes have reached the south west. Have they ever got to the south east?