RevolutioN announce MMA/JNA in OO

Andy Y

• RMweb Premium
On 30/12/2023 at 13:51, Craig1989 said:

Anymore updates on these and when they will be available through retailers? 

cheers Craig 

Two months ago you are told:

On 29/10/2023 at 18:06, Revolution Mike B said:

We’re still a little way off yet as the wagons won’t go in to production until the order book has closed. 

Given it’s still open why would there be any change? Revolution aren’t in the business of withholding information. Sure you’ll find out when there’s something to say…

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Andy7 said:

I think the post above yours was aimed at when they will be available to order from retailers, not actually arriving with them.

If that’s the case, then @Craig1989 would be better off asking the retailers themselves…

Edited by The Pilotman

• RMweb Gold
54 minutes ago, The Pilotman said:

If that’s the case, then @Craig1989 would be better off asking the retailers themselves…

IMG_0851.jpeg.f3036b263e91fc625c85a86632b6329b.jpeg

No I don’t think he would.

My understanding off the above post is that retailers are awaiting the details in order for them to advertise the wagons.

On 22/10/2023 at 20:18, Revolution Mike said:

Both the plain blue and plain silver JNAs are part of VTG’s hire pool (which includes use on Mendip traffic - both these versions of JNA now seem to feature quite regularly on Mendip traffic). Whether there is a specific pool for Mendip traffic anymore I’m not sure - I know that Mendip prefer twin piped wagons. That would probably need access to TOPS plus a specific time period if you want to check specific wagon numbers. 

The blue wagons used by DC Rail/Cappagh are a lighter blue (and are being offered as exclusives by Hornby magazine). As an aside they’ve been used/hired in by Colas for work on the Cumbrian Coast recently (for work at Drigg). 

Cheers Mike

Hi Mike,

Can I ask are the lighter blue variants be the same ones used on occasion for the Ravenstruther - Longport workings by Colas?

https://youtu.be/gF51o7SRW68?si=_uxTAncDCGKAWt8k

Many thanks

Colin

Edited by puffmeister-general

• RMweb Gold

Hi Colin,

It looks to me like those wagons are the Ultramarine VTG blue versions, which are among those being offered by Hornby mag, but I would have to check the individual numbers to be certain.

cheers

Ben A.

On 05/01/2024 at 00:02, Revolution Ben said:

Hi Colin,

It looks to me like those wagons are the Ultramarine VTG blue versions, which are among those being offered by Hornby mag, but I would have to check the individual numbers to be certain.

cheers

Ben A.

Hi Ben,

Thanks for your help and information.

After conducting more research I found another YouTube video of Ravenstruther which shows a wagon number. 
I think you are correct in your assessment that they are the lighter blue versions offered by Hornby.

Kind Regards

Colin

IMG_0314.png

• RMweb Gold
  • RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Craig1989 said:

Are the blue jnas available at rails the ones dc rail haul or the ones colas hauled to ravenstruther? 

cheers Craig 

Hi there,

Without checking specific numbers the colour is usually the  best indicator.  VTG has JNA wagons in two different blues - a very dark navy and a medium royal blue.  Photographs should be able to help you work out which wagons are on which traffic; the navy from Revolution and other retailers.

The Royal blue versions are the ones being offered through Hornby Magazine.

cheers

Ben A.

• Like 1

From memory @puffmeister-general @Craig1989 DCR sub hired some wagons to Colas for a short period, so (with the proviso that I'm not jn a position to physically check numbers at the moment) the blue wagons hauled by Colas aren't the same colour as the DCR wagons, they are the DCR wagons.

Got a feeling this was before the grey Land Recovery wagons (to a different design) came along, hired in as an interim measure. It may even have been Land Recovery hiring them off DCR rather than Colas.

Jo

• Informative/Useful 1

• 2 weeks later...

After researching the royal blue variant, I decided to place an order and gutted that they are now all sold out. I note that Key World are only doing a run 125 of each model. I hope they decide to increase the run to match any demand. If so, I’ll only be too happy to make an order. 

7 hours ago, Revolution Mike said:

If anyone has missed out on the Hornby magazine exclusives please let them know that there is extra demand (otherwise they won’t know!).

Cheers Mike

Hi Mike, I did email them around a week ago using the contact form on the website but to date have received no reply hence my post in the hope someone from key model world would pick it up.

However, I found a direct email for the shop and have emailed to that.

On another note, can I thank you for the superb quality of your models and service. I recently received my TEA wagons and Aluminium PCA wagons and blown away by the quality.

Many thanks

Colin

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 25/01/2024 at 15:12, puffmeister-general said:

After researching the royal blue variant, I decided to place an order and gutted that they are now all sold out. I note that Key World are only doing a run 125 of each model. I hope they decide to increase the run to match any demand. If so, I’ll only be too happy to make an order. 

i also hope they do i went to order some yesterday also but most are sold out now! ill also put a email in about the extra demand for them but i cant see them increasing as there limited editions im guessing.

Edited by Hammer1988
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Hammer1988 said:

i also hope they do i went to order some yesterday also but most are sold out now! ill also put a email in about the extra demand for them but i cant see them increasing as there limited editions im guessing.

They are only 'limited' to the number Hornby Magazine want us to make.

Production hasn't started yet, so we can easily add more.

cheers

Ben A.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Revolution Ben said:

cheers

Ben A.

I’ve sent Key Pub shop an email in support of those above who have been too late to preorder. I have my preorder in for 4 of the unbranded royal blue ones but would order some more if additional running numbers were offered.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/01/2024 at 17:19, Revolution Mike said:

If anyone has missed out on the Hornby magazine exclusives please let them know that there is extra demand (otherwise they won’t know!).

Cheers Mike

I have still had no reply to either of my emails - has anyone else had any replies at all?

Thanks

I have also emailed them requesting that they make some more available as I have the DC Rail Class 60 reserved, anyone wanting to do the same I would suggest the email addy shop@keypublishing.com all the best, Rob

On 26/01/2024 at 22:17, Revolution Ben said:

cheers

Ben A.

As Key Publisher’s have long sold out on pre-sale if they don’t increase their order would it be feasible for you to do a run of them with different numbers? I’m guessing that apart from us who haven’t secured any you’ll also get orders from those that have as they can extend their rakes. I suppose the success of the Cavalex 56 has fuelled extra demand.

just an idea, cheers, Rob

• Like 2

3 hours ago, taliesin said:

I have also emailed them requesting that they make some more available as I have the DC Rail Class 60 reserved, anyone wanting to do the same I would suggest the email addy shop@keypublishing.com all the best, Rob

Thanks rob that’s the email address I used.