RevolutioN announce MMA/JNA in OO

Andy Y

22 hours ago, Revolution Ben said:

Hi all,

Can I ask those interested to start a separate thread on the Landrover boxes as they aren't the subject of this model.

cheers

Ben A.

You’d best announce them 😉 then it gives us an excuse to start a new thread  @Revolution Ben 🙃🤪

On 05/10/2023 at 13:55, Revolution Ben said:

Hi all,

Can I ask those interested to start a separate thread on the Landrover boxes as they aren't the subject of this model.

cheers

Ben A.

Apologies Ben - point taken about the Land Recovery boxes.
But you did spring a surprise on everyone by producing the yellow Wascosa Network Rail boxes out of nowhere! Such revelations keep us entertained, interested and enthusiastic about the brand.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Craig1989 said:

Has the cappagh one been dropped and will these be available through retailers as well or just through you?

cheers Craig 

Hi Craig I may have missed the announcement for it but I saw at the great electric train show that Hornby magazine are doing the cappagh and Royal blue vtg jna wagons and can be ordered through the website.

Regards Gary 

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

1 hour ago, gary_lner said:

Hi Craig I may have missed the announcement for it but I saw at the great electric train show that Hornby magazine are doing the cappagh and Royal blue vtg jna wagons and can be ordered through the website.

Regards Gary 

Glad I’ve seen this tonight Gary, thanks!

Not attending the GETS show this year, but haven’t seen anything online or social media today about the latest 00 wagons now being available to pre-order, or about the HM ones, until I read this!

Have checked the HM and Revolution Trains websites tonight. Preorders now in 👍

Edited by norfolkchinaclay
Missing text
  • Like 2

I’ve not heard anything about which ones are being produced next in OO or when the order book is opening. Glad I’ve had a look through here though as I’ve just placed an order for a mixed rake of the VTG/Cappagh blue via HM and the silver Mendip Rail ones via Kernow Models.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Shoey said:

I’ve not heard anything about which ones are being produced next in OO or when the order book is opening. Glad I’ve had a look through here though as I’ve just placed an order for a mixed rake of the VTG/Cappagh blue via HM and the silver Mendip Rail ones via Kernow Models.

They are available to preorder on the Revolution Trains website now.

IMG_8186.png

IMG_8187.png

IMG_8188.png

IMG_8189.png

Edited by norfolkchinaclay
Add images
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Shoey said:

@Revolution Ben are these GBRF livery ones being done in OO at all please?

IMG_5820.jpeg

No - we’ve put all the versions being offered on our website except for the Kernow and Hornby Magazine exclusives. As per our website we’re offering the new GBRf wagons as shown (the sample we had at GETS this weekend was of this newly tooled version with different brake gear and reinforced ends). 

Cheers Mike

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, adb968008 said:

After the way they stuffed up Bradley Manor i’m somewhat nervous to be ordering a trainload of wagons from Hornby Magazine… 

Hi there,

I am not sure who Bradley Manor is but he is nothing to do with Revolution! 😂

cheers

Ben A.

Edited by Revolution Ben
  • Funny 1

1 hour ago, Revolution Ben said:

Hi all,

I had never heard of Bradley Manor until it was mentioned in this thread yesterday.  Again, it is nothing to do with Revolution.

cheers

Ben A.

They are referring to the GWR Manor Class that's named Bradley Manor, which was an exclusive for Key Publishing.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Some of the comments are really better directed towards Hornby magazine but I think it is worth mentioning that as far as we’re concerned that the production run doesn’t have to be limited to 125 of each. We can increase quantities up to the point that production starts (we will announce a production schedule soon). So if lots of customers want this livery and are worried about it selling out then the best thing is to get on to Hornby Magazine ASAP to place pre-orders (so that they can see if demand is sufficient to increase the quantities).  Ultimately that is a decision for Hornby magazine/Key Publishing. 

cheers Mike

Edited by Revolution Mike
  • Like 3
  • Agree 1

Im starting to get confused as to what is what now, im really only interested in the ones operated out of the Mendips by Freightliner (and previously DB).

I have a very nice rake of the previous Mendip Rail silver ones that were exclusive to Kernow and i shall certainly buy some of their new Mendip Silver ones. I will also certainly by a number (probably a large number) of the Touax liveried wagons.

However there are now a large number of blue ones with VTG branding appearing in the mendips, however there are also a large number of blue one appearing with DC Rail and GBRf elsewhere in the country. Is the the Blue VTG wagon that is listed by Revolution in this latest batch one from the Mendip pool or from elsewhere. The same question applies to the plain silver one in the latest batch?

• RMweb Gold

Both the plain blue and plain silver JNAs are part of VTG’s hire pool (which includes use on Mendip traffic - both these versions of JNA now seem to feature quite regularly on Mendip traffic). Whether there is a specific pool for Mendip traffic anymore I’m not sure - I know that Mendip prefer twin piped wagons. That would probably need access to TOPS plus a specific time period if you want to check specific wagon numbers. 

The blue wagons used by DC Rail/Cappagh are a lighter blue (and are being offered as exclusives by Hornby magazine). As an aside they’ve been used/hired in by Colas for work on the Cumbrian Coast recently (for work at Drigg). 

Cheers Mike

• Informative/Useful 1

2 hours ago, Revolution Mike said:

Both the plain blue and plain silver JNAs are part of VTG’s hire pool (which includes use on Mendip traffic - both these versions of JNA now seem to feature quite regularly on Mendip traffic). Whether there is a specific pool for Mendip traffic anymore I’m not sure - I know that Mendip prefer twin piped wagons. That would probably need access to TOPS plus a specific time period if you want to check specific wagon numbers. 

The blue wagons used by DC Rail/Cappagh are a lighter blue (and are being offered as exclusives by Hornby magazine). As an aside they’ve been used/hired in by Colas for work on the Cumbrian Coast recently (for work at Drigg). 

Cheers Mike

This may assist @GEARJAMMER

The only silver ones in Mendip traffic at present are the initial MRL branded ones. The silver VTG ones in the area are single pipe and in use by DB, mixed in with single pipe VTG blue and Ermewa grey wagons.

The initial MRL silver, and all wagons in use with DB, are in the 5500 number series.

The new blue ones in use on Mendip traffic are in the 5932 number series, and other than being twin piped are very visually similar to the navy blue 5500 series wagons. Some minor livery variations, but very similar.

Some Flickr links:

JNA 81 70 5500 338-5 - Methrose Siding, Burngullow.

A 5500 wagon, as in use with DB (I think GB have some too but not something I've seen first hand)

A 5932 wagon, as in use with Freightliner. Note the VTG logo position. 

Open JNA 81 70 5932 481 Oxford 17-01-23

Jo

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, Craig1989 said:

Any idea when these will be going out through retailers as I’m trying to budget for these as I don’t want to miss out on the gbrf ones and wascosa ones 

cheers Craig 

Hi Craig

We’re still a little way off yet as the wagons won’t go in to production until the order book has closed. 

Regards

Mike B

Edited by Revolution Mike B
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...