Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

Does anyone know the container serial numbers, so I can track every inch of their journey door-to-door? None of this only on the sea sort of tracking-I demand TOTAL tracking coverage of my model.

(Hmmm. There seems to be a cheek lodged in my tongue)

• Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, 69843 said:

Does anyone know the container serial numbers, so I can track every inch of their journey door-to-door? None of this only on the sea sort of tracking-I demand TOTAL tracking coverage of my model.

You can!

http://freightfilter.com/container-tracking/

Also, didn't you take up the offer of individual GPS tracking of your loco itself, it was an optional extra - GPS loco locators. Not only sound, DCC & capacitors you know 😉

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

Possibly two stupid question:

a) will it be possible to independently turn the tail lights off on the Loksound when hauling a train?

b) will it be possible to turn both head and tail lights off at one end if operating in t&t mode (e.g. with another loco at the other end be it a Deltic or a Class 68 to highlight recent examples at Barrow Hill and on the mainline)

• RMweb Premium
55 minutes ago, reddragon said:

You can!

http://freightfilter.com/container-tracking/

Also, didn't you take up the offer of individual GPS tracking of your loco itself, it was an optional extra - GPS loco locators. Not only sound, DCC & capacitors you know 😉

To be honest it is probably the last thing in the world that the lads want to do is give out more information,they must have a life outside of work and you only have to look through these threads to see how it would go the second the container got near there premises,work on your railway or do some modelling until then,they are on there way.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
36 minutes ago, G-BOAF said:

Possibly two stupid question:

a) will it be possible to independently turn the tail lights off on the Loksound when hauling a train?

b) will it be possible to turn both head and tail lights off at one end if operating in t&t mode (e.g. with another loco at the other end be it a Deltic or a Class 68 to highlight recent examples at Barrow Hill and on the mainline)

absolutely. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Funny 2

12 hours ago, 69843 said:

Are the individual boxes within the container marked (eg carton x of xyz)? If so we could know when OUR box has been opened....🤣

• Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
26 minutes ago, stewartingram said:

Are the individual boxes within the container marked (eg carton x of xyz)? If so we could know when OUR box has been opened....🤣

Ask for the in container webcam link so that you can keep an eye on it. 🤣

• Funny 5

• RMweb Premium

Each box is barcoded and these will be scanned into the individual box then each pallet which will show exactly where they are in the container, this will then show an ETA into Europe after which you can trace via Scancode EU to see the exact position which uses 3 words to locate exactly to the inch, after this you can match to import data and follow on by a scan into individual packages, the last piece of the tracking is when they are scanned to the Hermes collection. Unfortunately it then gets lost and we have to start all over again and have a 3 year wait for the next batch 🤣

• Funny 6

1 hour ago, younGGuns7 said:

Each box is barcoded and these will be scanned into the individual box then each pallet which will show exactly where they are in the container, this will then show an ETA into Europe after which you can trace via Scancode EU to see the exact position which uses 3 words to locate exactly to the inch, after this you can match to import data and follow on by a scan into individual packages, the last piece of the tracking is when they are scanned to the Hermes collection. Unfortunately it then gets lost and we have to start all over again and have a 3 year wait for the next batch 🤣

I really can't tell if this is serious or not :) :) :)

With todays technology it might well be, but ........

I doubt Rails will tell me the barcode of MY box :(

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, philg said:

I really can't tell if this is serious or not :):):)

With todays technology it might well be, but ........

I doubt Rails will tell me the barcode of MY box :(

I found this barcode ??   6251001220438

Not sure if it will help 🤗

• Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
11 minutes ago, Colin_McLeod said:

Screenshot_20220408-084520_Chrome.jpg.04b83603a383e05a2e47cd60d08cc87a.jpg

Ah it’s not a Deltic at all then! All a smoke screen to get a bog cart in to the country unseen…. Class 120 woo hoo 

• Funny 2

35 minutes ago, Phil Bullock said:

Ah it’s not a Deltic at all then! All a smoke screen to get a bog cart in to the country unseen…. Class 120 woo hoo 

In fairness, 2 years ago you could have sold 10 bog rolls to fund buying a Deltic!

• Funny 5

• RMweb Gold
On 06/04/2022 at 18:28, reddragon said:

Ask for the in container webcam link so that you can keep an eye on it. 🤣

I did, but I didn't pay for the DCC version so the lights don't work so I can only see a black hole.

It reminds me of my wallet.

• Funny 2

Absolutely fantastic stuff. I still remember the moment I first stumbled upon this thread in the early days, and there was a mighty need to convert looking into purchasing.

Can't wait to cause some thunder Down Under in due course.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

If I may pull the subject back to Deltics for a brief moment...

As you now know, these beauties are now on the high seas. It's been a journey to say the least, with 2 years of a pandemic and design challenges throwing up all sorts of chaos, but we have got there finally. They will arrive in our warehouse for dispatch in mid May.

We would like to thank everyone who has pre-ordered for their patience and understanding. It is really much appreciated. With the amount of views on this thread alone since announcement, it seems you were all with us every step of the way since it broke cover, and saw the trials and tribulations of the whole process and offered your support.

In the weeks up to delivery we will do a focus on each individual running number we have for sale making up the first run. What better place to start than with 55 001, "St. Paddy" in BR Blue with dominos (and a whole sheet of alpha-numeric headcodes in the box to be added instead if desired!)

Acc-Deltic-55001-10.jpg.65d277952627cb17088a4c95cd7eca6a.jpg

Acc-Deltic-55001-05.jpg.9fb9b2cf40fb54d8bd93cdda50211cbb.jpgAcc-Deltic-55001-04.jpg.e670782763c0caafae83a4b6ce31393a.jpgAcc-Deltic-55001-08.jpg.f2900c38ae9be0c31f88f167947f24db.jpg

Roll on our second locomotive, and our first with an Accurascale box! 

Pre-order yours here for delivery next month, while stocks last: https://accurascale.co.uk/collections/class-55-deltic/products/55001-st-paddy 

Cheers!

Fran 

Well done guys.

My model railway is very much based on 2000 onwards and have been waiting for some Accurrascale locos from that era, but the fantastic detail on these convinced me many months ago to get one of your green beauties as a 'heritage loco'.

Hell, that's a feeble excuse.

I just wanted one!

OK?

Definitely looking forward to your next run of 37s, kinda hoping that you'll have some more recent liveries in that run, and then again kinda hoping that you won't, as I may not be able to fund all those that I 'need'.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Damo666 said:

Well done guys.

My model railway is very much based on 2000 onwards and have been waiting for some Accurrascale locos from that era, but the fantastic detail on these convinced me many months ago to get one of your green beauties as a 'heritage loco'.

Hell, that's a feeble excuse.

I just wanted one!

OK?

Definitely looking forward to your next run of 37s, kinda hoping that you'll have some more recent liveries in that run, and then again kinda hoping that you won't, as I may not be able to fund all those that I 'need'.

You mean you didn't order D9002 in its current form (2016 onwards) as a genuine operational loco from the era you model?

• RMweb Premium

52 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

Acc-Deltic-55001-08.jpg.f2900c38ae9be0c31f88f167947f24db.jpg

Pre-order yours here for delivery next month, while stocks last: https://accurascale.co.uk/collections/class-55-deltic/products/55001-st-paddy 

Cheers!

Fran 

People like to say bad things about Deltics in rail blue, but that's how I remember them and this is doing the full Proust on me (look him up - I don't have time to summarise his work). 

Ok, back to your scheduled container anxiety.  BTW is this still a thing?

44 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

As you now know, these beauties are now on the high seas. It's been a journey to say the least, with 2 years of a pandemic and design challenges throwing up all sorts of chaos, but we have got there finally. They will arrive in our warehouse for dispatch in mid May.

We would like to thank everyone who has pre-ordered for their patience and understanding. It is really much appreciated. With the amount of views on this thread alone since announcement, it seems you were all with us every step of the way since it broke cover, and saw the trials and tribulations of the whole process and offered your support.

In the weeks up to delivery we will do a focus on each individual running number we have for sale making up the first run. What better place to start than with 55 001, "St. Paddy" in BR Blue with dominos (and a whole sheet of alpha-numeric headcodes in the box to be added instead if desired!)

Acc-Deltic-55001-10.jpg.65d277952627cb17088a4c95cd7eca6a.jpg

Acc-Deltic-55001-05.jpg.9fb9b2cf40fb54d8bd93cdda50211cbb.jpgAcc-Deltic-55001-04.jpg.e670782763c0caafae83a4b6ce31393a.jpgAcc-Deltic-55001-08.jpg.f2900c38ae9be0c31f88f167947f24db.jpg

Cheers!

Fran 

Looking damn fine. What a magnificent model

BUT - wonky body side windows... still... ahhh what happened to the adjustments to the glazing mouldings the factory was supposed to do 😮

(sorry, it feels churlish to bring this up now when its too late, but this is also the first real 'close up' that has been published for a while)

• Agree 1