Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

Will it be possible to buy the sound chips separately?

Rails of Sheffield messed up my order and I am now allocated an analogue version despite requesting a sound version in 2019. Both are now sold out so not an option to switch. Very frustrating considering a particular emotional connection to this, as I bought the sound fitted version to run with my Dad who used to spot Deltics, and who now has terminal cancer.

• Friendly/supportive 6

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, No Decorum said:

You haven’t been buying food, gas and electricity have you? Tut, tut!

No, spent the money on necessities such as HUOs, Cemflos, MDOs and Coil As... 😃

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
52 minutes ago, georgeds said:

Rails of Sheffield messed up my order and I am now allocated an analogue version despite requesting a sound version in 2019. Both are now sold out so not an option to switch. Very frustrating considering a particular emotional connection to this, as I bought the sound fitted version to run with my Dad who used to spot Deltics, and who now has terminal cancer.

It's something that has been asked before and it's a no.

However, hopefully Accurascale will be able to sort you out considering the circumstances (not saying they are able to of course, we don't know what they will be carrying in the way of spares), but if it comes to it, you could have one from one of mine.

Edited by Bucoops
  • Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 8

• RMweb Gold
56 minutes ago, georgeds said:

Hi @georgeds,

Can you send me your details via PM and I will see what we can do to help out?

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 6
  • Agree 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 7

9 minutes ago, Bucoops said:

It's something that has been asked before and it's a no.

However, hopefully Accurascale will be able to sort you out considering the circumstances (not saying they are able to of course, we don't know what they will be carrying in the way of spares), but if it comes to it, you could have one from one of mine.

That is an extremely kind offer - thank you - but I could not possibly take you up on it. If it comes to it I will order a second model that is sound fitted. Some variants are still available.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, georgeds said:

That is an extremely kind offer - thank you - but I could not possibly take you up on it. If it comes to it I will order a second model that is sound fitted. Some variants are still available.

It's there if you need it - no idea when I will actually have something to run it on :)

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
19 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

A few days ago we brought you St. Paddy in BR Blue. Time to add some green to the mix, with Pinza!

Cheers!

Fran 

Oh wait, I thought I ordered Pizza?

• Funny 14

4 hours ago, georgeds said:

Yeh they done same to my step dad..... they've had his £30 December 2018 

• Friendly/supportive 3

20 minutes ago, owentherail said:

Yeh they done same to my step dad..... they've had his £30 December 2018 

Same here. I paid my deposit in 2018 before the sound versions were available. Contacted them to switch to sound as soon as they were announced, and they said at the time my order had been changed. Alas it had not and I only spotted when looking at my pre-orders on their new site.

• Friendly/supportive 4

36 minutes ago, georgeds said:

Same here. I paid my deposit in 2018 before the sound versions were available. Contacted them to switch to sound as soon as they were announced, and they said at the time my order had been changed. Alas it had not and I only spotted when looking at my pre-orders on their new site.

Do you have any written evidence confirming your request? I changed mine over the phone and had a written confirmation of the change the next day by email (finally my pre-orders are showing in their new website and this too confirms the sound-fitted order)

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, AForce said:

I was expecting to see cheese and tomato on this pinza. Then again, it's all about 'Going Green' these days. I dough my hat to you guys. 😉

That looks the business.

Spinach and Avocado Pinza, anyone...? 😉

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, georgeds said:

I seem to remember Rails having a system change relatively recently - I wonder if some order changes didnt make it across? Deeply frustrating for those affected I know. Just checked my order with them and its still sound fitted - that order was placed in December 2021. 

• RMweb Premium

Didn't Rails announce a special CLass 37 from Accurascale a while ago?  I am sure I pre-ordered one, it was the original BR version but now it is not in my Rails pre-order listing.

Getting a bit worried here.

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

A few days ago we brought you St. Paddy in BR Blue. Time to add some green to the mix, with Pinza!

Acc-Deltic-D9007-04.jpg.ac02bd7060a8e6cbfe413e90824ea793.jpg

Acc-Deltic-D9007-05.jpg.2a0486c8170976610e4277988ab58e85.jpg

Acc-Deltic-D9007-07.jpg.4a7dec728ef3942723c80b7d3eaf18cf.jpg

Acc-Deltic-D9007-10.jpg.d4ee4d49455635cb90ed075b4ed27b95.jpg

Riding on fabricated bogies with original fan grilles, bufferbeam mounted horns, water filler hatch and pre battery compartment louvres, this model makes an ideal model of the very early years of the mighty Deltics, just after naming but before yellow panels.

s you probably know by now, the Deltics are on the high seas and due with us in mid May. Remaining stocks are running low, so make sure you get your order in for your desired Deltic today, with several running numbers already sold out.

https://accurascale.co.uk/collections/class-55-deltic/products/d9007-pinza

Cheers!

Fran 

I'm sat here in front of the laptop with Strathwoods 'Deltic Devotion' open beneath the screen  - page 78 with D9018 on  The Flying Scotsman'  - and I'm thinking this is the most well observed RTR model of a prototype I have ever seen.  Lovely :)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, boxbrownie said:

Didn't Rails announce a special CLass 37 from Accurascale a while ago?  I am sure I pre-ordered one, it was the original BR version but now it is not in my Rails pre-order listing.

Getting a bit worried here.

The only one Rails are doing as an exclusive is 37610 which is in blue with a small BR logo as it is today. Other than that it's the same range as everywhere else IIRC.

I don't think it's like the Deltics where Rails, The DPS and Locomotion have some exclusives they are sharing. For example I think D6700 was only available from Locomotion.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

we already have a best seller on our hands....

Cheers!

Fran 

Nothing like blowing you own trumpet!!!!!   Such modesty.......

But seriously with all the hard work, quality and hallmarks of yet another great Accurascale Product (and presales), nobody can accuse you of lying!!!  it's all very true!!!  Go on gents take a bow!  

You won't win a Booker award for fiction, but 1st and possibly 2nd place 4mm modelling awards (in the categories you have products) are pretty much yours.  Looking at it in a positive light, at least the rest have the chance to become 'turd'......

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Being an Irish company they would get a bad name if they got green wrong one would think.

Oh I don’t know it’s so easy for them Eric…. Are there not at least 40 shades of green in Ireland? 

• Funny 3