DELTIC MODELS TO BE PRODUCED FOR LOCOMOTIONMODELS, RAILS LIMITED AND DELTIC PRESERVATION SOCIETY

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, North Devonian said:

Has anyone actually heard or received anything from DPS . I ordered and paid in full for 55015 Tulyar in February this year , apart from the order confirmation I had heard nothing. I sent three emails this week one to the link on the confirmation order , another to DPS sales and another to sales link on the contact us on the DPS website . I have heard nothing from any of the emails and I now getting a little concerned. Even an out of office reply would have been nice .

Scroll back to the last page. I’ve a couple of posts there with help from two other forum members .That should keep you in the picture. No response from DPS for me likewise …..it’s a voluntary organisation to be fair,so I imagine they’ll be under quite some pressure 

• Agree 1

Fortunately no 'fingerprints', but that's 4 times I've had to re-glue a chain.

I generally leave trains running for 30-120 minutes' time, not just 5 demo laps / loops.

Hopefully it's sorted now.

My KOYLI has run perhaps 3 hours now, and still powerful and silent - very nice runner.

Al.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
On 02/07/2022 at 12:45, Ian Hargrave said:

Scroll back to the last page. I’ve a couple of posts there with help from two other forum members .That should keep you in the picture. No response from DPS for me likewise …..it’s a voluntary organisation to be fair,so I imagine they’ll be under quite some pressure 

Yup apart from the payment notification, nothing so far on despatch etc, fingers still crossed 🤪

As you say, Volunteers so I'll hold off sending an " wheres my ruddy loco" Mr Crabbit email for a while 😋

I have an email from DPS saying my 55015 is on its way. Looks like they are working there way through them it's been about 5 days since I paid balance. As mentioned above they are a volunteer society so no complaints and the main reason I choose to give them the sale to help with the upkeep of the real loco's

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Yup email from DPS to say my order has shipped. Although it says 9008 shipped Im Assuming as per their instructions, and my attached note when paying the Balance they are ACTUALLY shipping 55015 as per original deposit. . . I'll let you know when it arrives, hopefully tomorrow, although the tracking for Royal mail is as much use as a chocolate fireguard 

" Your item had been posted at a post office. As you've used our Royal mail Signed for service the next update you will see is AFTER we've attempted to deliver to the recipient."

Erm I AM the recipient so what frigging use is that to me ? 🤣

• Agree 1

50 minutes ago, Matt C said:

Yup email from DPS to say my order has shipped. Although it says 9008 shipped Im Assuming as per their instructions, and my attached note when paying the Balance they are ACTUALLY shipping 55015 as per original deposit. . . I'll let you know when it arrives, hopefully tomorrow, although the tracking for Royal mail is as much use as a chocolate fireguard 

" Your item had been posted at a post office. As you've used our Royal mail Signed for service the next update you will see is AFTER we've attempted to deliver to the recipient."

My Alycidon was shipped yesterday too with the tracking number and i got the same thing when i went to track it.  What is the point of that? All parcels come with my normal postie and not separately so i cant track it, so ill have  to wait in for the postman to come. Or hope that  he leaves it somewhere safe. (But going off previous experience i wont hold my breath) 

• Like 1

Well my Koyli arrived today from Locomotion and all I can say is wow.

What a great looking Loco and all its bits present and correct with no loose bits in the box.

Thanks to Locomotion for getting these sent out,  truly is a great model.

Thank you very much to Tom for chasing this up what great service.

Baz

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Tiddles47 said:

My Alycidon was shipped yesterday too with the tracking number and i got the same thing when i went to track it.  What is the point of that? All parcels come with my normal postie and not separately so i cant track it, so ill have  to wait in for the postman to come. Or hope that  he leaves it somewhere safe. (But going off previous experience i wont hold my breath) 

3 hours ago, Matt C said:

It's not really for tracking when you will get it, more tracking for insurance purposes. It's a bit cheaper than fully tracked but still allows good cover.

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, Bucoops said:

It's not really for tracking when you will get it, more tracking for insurance purposes. It's a bit cheaper than fully tracked but still allows good cover.

Thats absolutely fine, but whats the point in the DPS email telling me its despatched and GIVING me THAT tracking number to track it then ? It's for THEM to claim if it doesn't get delivered and signed for by me 🙃

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, Matt C said:

Thats absolutely fine, but whats the point in the DPS email telling me its despatched and GIVING me THAT tracking number to track it then ? It's for THEM to claim if it doesn't get delivered and signed for by me 🙃

Same reason as ebay I guess - because it's available?

• RMweb Gold

Yes it’s frustrating but it’s just one person posting the packages from Hatfield PO near Doncaster. Given both the quantity and quality of the contents that’s a mammoth task. No the tracking for the recipient is not effective but that’s what we’ve got. 

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, Matt C said:

Because if they attempt delivery you can see that they have. It doesn't allow you to see where exactly the item is, but once they have attempted delivery you can see so.

• RMweb Gold
24 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

Because if they attempt delivery you can see that they have. It doesn't allow you to see where exactly the item is, but once they have attempted delivery you can see so.

AHH ok so maybe they should change it to ' Track and trace your failed delivery' then😅

Otherwise it seams to defeat the object of ' Track and trace your parcel'. Personally I'd rather they gave me a rough idea, say a day ? When they were going to attempt delivery ? Saves me sitting here kicking my heals in the hopes that they turn up. 

Just now, Matt C said:

AHH ok so maybe they should change it to ' Track and trace your failed delivery' then😅

Otherwise it seams to defeat the object of ' Track and trace your parcel'. Personally I'd rather they gave me a rough idea, say a day ? When they were going to attempt delivery ? Saves me sitting here kicking my heals in the hopes that they turn up. 

Signed for (which I think is how they send it) is different to tracked IIRC. Tracked you can see when they are going to deliver etc. Signed for is more to do with getting a signature (as has already been said) for insurance purposes and to also then allow notification of failed delivery.

2 different products, tracked is a quid or two dearer IIRC.

• RMweb Gold

Well no I didn’t actually sign for it.Postie just left it in the porch as he always does.Yes,it’s just arrived.Posted when I was sitting engrossed at Edgbston on Monday watching England take India apart. In fine fettle my Finsbury Park racehorse smoothly now running in. Well done DPS .Print out of my initial and most recent communications in the box with it. Immaculately and securely packed 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Ian Hargrave said:

Well no I didn’t actually sign for it.Postie just left it in the porch as he always does.Yes,it’s just arrived.Posted when I was sitting engrossed at Edgbston on Monday watching England take India apart. In fine fettle my Finsbury Park racehorse smoothly now running in. Well done DPS .Print out of my initial and most recent communications in the box with it. Immaculately and securely packed 

Lucky perisher ! Met my postie on the drive this morning and no parcel for me 😋  He DID ask how heavy was it and I asked him how his back was now 🤪

Maybe tomorrow, maybe tomorrow 

• Friendly/supportive 3

My Alycidon now arrived, but had to intercept the postie (also with another parcel for a neighbour ) so that the other 1/2 couldn’t see it and ask questions… so it went into the shed,, to under stairs,  to into bedroom…. I’ll get round it opening it eventually 😆

• RMweb Gold
18 hours ago, Matt C said:

Lucky perisher ! Met my postie on the drive this morning and no parcel for me 😋  He DID ask how heavy was it and I asked him how his back was now 🤪

Nope, not today 😔

• Friendly/supportive 1

I have a large layout in the garage, aka Sam-style, on the floor, so it moves slightly over time and has to be slightly realigned ... all pending various other things ... background information.

I regret KOYLI has to be consigned to display only for now as it's continually derailing - possibly its the chains, of which one has been reglued 3 times, another twice, and I've finally lost one of those tiny corner steps somewhere - search continues.

I've only used 4th radius and express points on the main runs, but there are several 'zig-zags' where perhaps the 'snags' occur.

I may get away with 5-8 loops of the 12' x 5' circuit - reasonably large - before she derails hauling 12 coaches - and have to keep the speed low for that.

By comparison, I've had a Dapol 68 hauling the same 12-coach train for 4 hours this afternoon without one 'incident'.

I'm considering trying KOYLI without chains to see if it resolves this issue.

Al.

• RMweb Gold

If the derailing item is the trailing bogie, analyse what the couplings are doing. I’ve mentioned it before in other threads but the new mini-style t/l couplings don’t have a big enough loop to always be able to cope with the swing of the opposing hook.

Edited by john new
Typo, again!
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Thanks John,

Articulation is fine, and its 4th radius I'm using.  I do need to take a closer look, but TBH I've had COVID the last week, still not cleared, so concentration isn't consistently at it's best - another reason for leaving alone.  Not bad now, but still testing +ve, which is a pain!

Al.

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
On 06/07/2022 at 16:04, Matt C said:

On 07/07/2022 at 11:01, Matt C said:

Nope, not today 😔

'Sigh' Nor today 😪