DELTIC MODELS TO BE PRODUCED FOR LOCOMOTIONMODELS, RAILS LIMITED AND DELTIC PRESERVATION SOCIETY

8 hours ago, Matt C said:

'Sigh' Nor today 😪

Most probably come in the van either before or after postie with letters.(WARNING incase you are attempting to intercept before domestic authorities!)  Sure bikes were much more environmentally friendly, and saved postie's a fortune in gym memberships!  Oh well, H&S I suppose.....

Edited by Torbay Express

• RMweb Gold
33 minutes ago, Torbay Express said:

Most probably come in the van either before or after postie with letters.(WARNING incase you are attempting to intercept before domestic authorities!)  Sure bikes were much more environmentally friendly, and saved postie's a fortune in gym memberships!  Oh well, H&S I suppose.....

Yeah thanks for that. We live out of town so our postie does his round IN a small van. He looked at the tracking number ending in GB and said yes it goes through them, is posted as a large letter, signed for so it defo should be him delivering. Posted Monday at post office 14.30 1-3 day delivery and Still not here so seams AWOL atmo 🙄

• RMweb Gold
13 hours ago, Matt C said:

Yeah thanks for that. We live out of town so our postie does his round IN a small van. He looked at the tracking number ending in GB and said yes it goes through them, is posted as a large letter, signed for so it defo should be him delivering. Posted Monday at post office 14.30 1-3 day delivery and Still not here so seams AWOL atmo 🙄

My usual postal delivery applied. If it hasn’t appeared by Monday’s post then time to start asking questions.

• RMweb Gold
15 hours ago, Matt C said:

if it's been posted large letter then it may be underpaid?

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, Bucoops said:

Looking again at the box mine was posted in,the label reads Signed For 2C with correct address and postcode,weight 01.823kg,cost £4.45. Posted Hatfield PO Monday , delivered Wednesday. I would doubt whether there will be anything different from that.Whereas the cardboard box isn’t as large as the Accurascale one,it’s nonetheless a pretty substantial one. It certainly needs to be.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
54 minutes ago, Bucoops said:

Strangely enough, When I went to collect My D9004 direct from Accurascale Via DHL, At first they couldn't find it and the DHL worker said the code applied was for A large Letter so thats what she was looking for ! 

Anyway the Parcel from DPS turned up this morning, £4.45 postage, large letter signed for 🤣

Flimsy outer box not very well taped up but inner box fine and un damaged

The postie said " what the ruddy heck is it lead weights ??"

Can confirm despite final balance payment option only being for D9008 is is in fact 55015 Tulyar shipped as per the Original deposit so the note attached work fine 

Just need to wait till Monday when SWMBO has a day in the Office So I can test run them both in peace 🙂

Edited by Matt C
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Quick visual check and the usual . . 1step and 2 wee bits off, one coupling detached (looks like its just unclipped but not damaged) and two chains hangin loose, detached from the body on the same side. Apart from the coupling that was sitting loose in the packaging I couldn't see any loose bits BEFORE unpacking so they were probably yanked off by me as I pulled it out. Think I will leave the bits off and probably remove and store the chains on both locos as I  want to run both Locos and NOT be watching for, and faffing around re attaching tiny bits and chains 😋

Question for those who have the DPS ltd ed of D9009… has anyone tried to put on the ETH connection on the buffer beam  when adding the detail?  I cant seem to see any place for them to go… @Accurascale Fran any ideas? 

EDIT: tried it with them on but the wire hangs too low and scrapes the rail and restricts the movement of the bogie. However a snip of the cable but leaving the eth connection boxes on solves the problem.  Hope this helps anyone. 

:) 

Edited by Tiddles47

• RMweb Gold
On 11/07/2022 at 16:10, Roy Langridge said:

Well, I just succumbed and ordered 55002 KOYLI. Decided it just had to be done...

Roy

And KOYLI arrived two days later, well packaged, one loose chains and a fuel tank drain tap loose - easily fixed.

When I ordered from Locomotion there was two left, the other has now gone. Already one was on ebay at more than the £160 I paid, that one is now at £266 with just under 4 days to run. Some people really need to learn to shop around!

Roy

• Like 2

5 hours ago, G-BOAF said:

Anyone else still waiting for a delivery from the DPS? I've not had anything (model or dispatch note).

I got notification today that Tulyar is on the way so will receive by Friday hopefully, it took four emails of chasing to get the notification.

• Like 1

On 09/07/2022 at 15:35, Tiddles47 said:

Question for those who have the DPS ltd ed of D9009… has anyone tried to put on the ETH connection on the buffer beam  when adding the detail?  I cant seem to see any place for them to go… @Accurascale Fran any ideas? 

EDIT: tried it with them on but the wire hangs too low and scrapes the rail and restricts the movement of the bogie. However a snip of the cable but leaving the eth connection boxes on solves the problem.  Hope this helps anyone. 

:) 

Alycidon’s unique eth equipment location ……

52C1B5E2-FB72-4643-9DE6-8BA7EE13BEE8.jpeg

9 hours ago, North Devonian said:

I got notification today that Tulyar is on the way so will receive by Friday hopefully, it took four emails of chasing to get the notification.

I'm still waiting for mine D9009 two emails and still no notification

2 hours ago, tonyg3 said:

I'm still waiting for mine D9009 two emails and still no notification

Same here, I placed an order on July 1st using PayPal pay in 3. The order went through, but the on screen order number given was 0 ?

It said I would receive an email confirmation, but not so far, and like you no response to a subsequent email enquiry.

I can understand that they may be swamped, but a quick email to say that, or a sorry we over sold, would not go amiss.

I do have one Accurascale Deltic, 55 002 KOYLI from the NRM, all fine apart from one chain off, which seems to be as good as it gets.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
14 hours ago, Roy Langridge said:

And KOYLI arrived two days later, well packaged, one loose chains and a fuel tank drain tap loose - easily fixed.

When I ordered from Locomotion there was two left, the other has now gone. Already one was on ebay at more than the £160 I paid, that one is now at £266 with just under 4 days to run. Some people really need to learn to shop around!

Roy

mine arrived with some damage as well, 1 step missing (AS have said waiting on spares), 1 step in the box, 1 chain broken off and a small detail piece that i could not see where it was from, until i read this, this is my missing piece. 

i've actually just looked and still can't see where it is from

image.png

2 hours ago, jonnyuk said:

mine arrived with some damage as well, 1 step missing (AS have said waiting on spares), 1 step in the box, 1 chain broken off and a small detail piece that i could not see where it was from, until i read this, this is my missing piece. 

i've actually just looked and still can't see where it is from

image.png

It goes on the end of one of the fuel tanks. Check the ends of both fuel tanks, as one of them will have this bit still in place. 

• RMweb Gold

thank you spotted it now, it had broken from the end of the fuel tank, facing the bogie, i can see how it broke off, the packing sits between the bogie and fuel tank, and if the loco moves or is not gently put in, these will snap off.

• Agree 1

Anyone still waiting for a delivery from the DPS?

I've emailed politely requesting an update (several days go), but nothing, no reply, no model.

I paid in full via a paypal transfer (although paid the deposit via CC so covered if things go south). I just find it hard to believe they are still going through dispatch almost a month after delivery of these models.

20 hours ago, G-BOAF said:

Anyone still waiting for a delivery from the DPS?

I've emailed politely requesting an update (several days go), but nothing, no reply, no model.

I paid in full via a paypal transfer (although paid the deposit via CC so covered if things go south). I just find it hard to believe they are still going through dispatch almost a month after delivery of these models.

Yes, I'm still waiting on one too! I haven't emailed them yet.

• Like 1

Still waiting for any response from DPS since July 1st, so have given up on receiving Alycidon now.

I did get KOYLI from Locomotion though, so have one Deltic. 

I paid DPS by PayPal too, but have checked my PayPal account and DPS have not processed the payment, so no money has left my account.

Edited by AshleyH

2 hours ago, AshleyH said:

Still waiting for any response from DPS since July 1st, so have given up on receiving Alycidon now.

I did get KOYLI from Locomotion though, so have one Deltic. 

I paid DPS by PayPal too, but have checked my PayPal account and DPS have not processed the payment, so no money has left my account.

Hmm i sent a direct payment to dps via paypal which i think went immediately.

I heartened to hear others are still waiting and presumably they are just swamped/have other pressures. I cant imagine they oversold as they seems to have good control of their numbers based on models being removed from their website. I think their sales team is a one man band so could be delayed by illness/holidays etc.

This said i wish i had ordered d9009 in time from rails (they sold out before i did) as the silence from DPS is rather frustrating.

I really dont see why theh didnt subcontract the shipping to accurascale. Would have been done and dusted by now.

Edited by G-BOAF