The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Recently/currently listening to...

Tim H

• RMweb Gold

Recent raves:

Search and Destroy - old skool psycho punk from Iggy & the Stooges

Is it any wonder? - The Shortwave Set

Register my firearms? No way! - The Russian Futurists

Young Adult Fiction - The Pains of Being Pure At Heart

No Social - The Shortwave Set

Time to Wander - The Gypsy and Cat

Don't say Oh Well - Grouplove

Hummingbird - Imaginary Cities

Give me something - Scars on 45

Squealing Pigs - Admiral Fallow

Shell Games - Bright Eyes

And, of course, British Sea Power storming the Letterman show last Tuesday with "Who's in Control?" Off to see them next Friday..

• RMweb Premium

new stuff - ceelo green 'bright lights, bigger city' - he has a mean ear for a good tune anyway, but the 'billie jean'-esque bassline and the full orchestra effect is amazing for a modern tune

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBhdIcb84Hw

blast from the past - adam and the ants 'kings of the wild frontier' LP, esp. marco's guitar (one of the most underrated guitarists going)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXS8mPROC1M

Mostly Autumn at the City Hall in Salisbury last night - absolutely stunning gig, one of the best I've ever seen them do. Had I known they'd open with "Distant Train" I would have worn my DEMU "No Kettles" t-shirt again :)

• RMweb Premium

Last night Mike Oldfield's "Incantations", to my mind the only one of his to have stood the test of time. Today, Planet Rock's finest.

We don't get many decent gigs around here, but I've just found out about three coming up locally; Mostly Autumn, Martin Turner's Wishbone Ash, and The UK Pink Floyd Experience....

All on the same night !!! :angry:

Just been listening to the Sparkle and Fade album by Everclear... Reminded me of a lot of things, like when I had hair...

"Tales From The Underground" - a return to form by the Levellers.

Cool, I'll have to get on to iTunes then and check that out!

• Like 1

"Fall Of Iron," BLYTH POWER's 2006 opus, that I picked up at their Friday gig, supporting the legendary EASTFIELD at The Wagon & Horses, Digbeth. The usual wry take on lessons learned from history, in a folk-punk stylee. wink.gif

The Vaccines - What did you expect from the Vaccines?

Great album. Apparantly they've been advertised as the band to revive guitar music in the charts. I wouldn't go that far but they certainly have some catchy songs! All pretty simple 4/4, quick paced music. The lyrics seem to be quite inoffensive too which is refreshing. If You Wanna, Wreckin' Bar (Ra Ra Ra) and Norgaard are paticular favourite songs of mine!

• 2 weeks later...

I must be getting a little nostalgic.

3 am Eternal - the KLF

Last Train to Trancentral - the KLF

Does anybody have any idea who did the models for the video for Trancentral?

Andy