RMweb

Recently/currently listening to...

Tim H

Love this one. Probably a me thing, but I've a fondness for "I hate that I love you" songs!

And yes, it was covered (poorly) in the 90s, without any of the feeling, nuance or actual musicality.

C6T. 

Edited by Classsix T
  • Like 1

Quintessential 80s Madonna, but not one of the record company led chart hits:

Fantastic raw, eager new artist with brilliantly produced pop track. None of the awful studio led double tracking and self backed vocals inherent in today's productions.

C6T. 

• 3 weeks later...

Currently listening to a cheap  Ebay purchase of a double CD of the 1938 Benny Goodman Carnegie Hall Concert.

Here's the best track "Sing Sing Sing" composed by the coolest trumpet player on the planet at the time Louis Prima(composer and performer with his band of I'm the King of the Swingers). It was a revolution at the time when Sing Sing Sing was performed, it was a first for a drummer to lead and marked the rise to fame of Gene Krupa.

• Informative/Useful 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Sad to hear Chris Bailey of Brisbane band The Saints passed away today.  Their single "I'm Stranded" is often listed as the first punk rock single, which is a bit like picking the earliest licensed pub or whatever, but they formed in 1974, way before the likes of the Pistols, Clash and other UK punk bands.  In fact Malcolm Mclaren heard the Saints first single, realised they were onto something and rushed to get the Pistols signed.

They  were certainly ground breaking here in the early to mid '70's, along with Radio Birdman, but they werent into the punk fashion so were probably overlooked in the UK etc.

b

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
10 minutes ago, monkeysarefun said:

Sad to hear Chris Bailey of Brisbane band The Saints passed away today.  Their single "I'm Stranded" is often listed as the first punk rock single, which is a bit like picking the earliest licensed pub or whatever, but they formed in 1974, before the likes of the Pistols, Clash and other UK punk bands, and were certainly ground breaking here in the early to mid '70's, along with Radio Birdman. 

That is very sad news, RIP Chris. The Staints were ground braking, they certainly woke my ears up.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, monkeysarefun said:

I've got a budgie who goes nuts to Rattlesnake.

The missus on the other hand hates it.

Oooh yes. The stereo drummer era: