Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Dawn over Margate

Andy Y

The factory was BIG.  There was a red and yellow "Tri-ang" sign on the side of the factory immediately next to the West Croydon to Wimbledon line.

It was big, but it ran alonside the Wimbledon/Tooting Merton Abbey line.

Catalogues, let's be honest, are a thing of the past; once the main marketing tool of the company they are replaced by the Internet and no longer really relevant.

After the amount of complaints they got in 2016, they went back to producing a catalogue and even considered producing a full size 2016 posthumously.

• RMweb Premium

2016 remake catalogue, sadly never happened

Frankly as they all look pretty much the same these days , it was possibly felt 2016 would have looked too much like the 2017 one . I’m hoping for a completely revamped one for 2019

• Like 1

Sorry but the Lines Factory was right next to the Wimbledon - Tooting Line. I can remember seeing a van in their private siding and going to their Staff Christmas parties.

Dave

To be precise it was by the line (goods only since 1929) from Merton Park (on the Wimbledon - W. Croydon line) to Tooting Goods.

Chris KT

• RMweb Gold

How to get to the Lines Bros factory...

https://www.brightontoymuseum.co.uk/w/images/How_To_Get_To_Our_Works_(TriangCat_1937).jpg

(Apologies I too said it was along tramlink, I dont know why, as I know full well it isnt).

You will today find it today on the junction of A24 and A219, near South Wimbledon, where a tramstop may at some point be located.

Whilst most buildings have gone, many TV adverts are made in this park at the studios, as was “The Bill” filmed here.

It is home to the UK office of Accurascale though.