RMweb

Class 25 photos

9 hours ago, Davexoc said:

To me it looks like we have a steel bodied Medfit ZAV or ZAO, a Grampus ZBV or ZBO, a Pipe ZDV ex SOV followed by another Grampus, and bog standard brake....

Excellent. Many thanks. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I did like a 25.

Lovely little locos with that distinctive Sulzer chug. Loved them on the Western - fond memories of 4 and 5 coach Paignton locals coming out the loop at Dawlish Warren, and tripping freights to Exeter Riverside - Newton Abbot. Very disappointed when they disappeared from the west in 1980.

There used to be some cracking images circa 70s/ and 80s along the seawall, at the Warren/Langstone Rock/Marine Parade/ Kennaway tunnel taken by Owen the Rail on old RMweb but I don't seem to be able to find them now.

The pictures are a relief from the humdrum day to day and reminder of more varied times on the railway. Happy memories. Thanks for posting all.

Best regards MattW

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Some of mine from the mid to late seventies.

Rose Grove

PICT0320.JPG.82eb77848daabefb03358150f68ed855.JPG

Not sure where this was taken (possibly also Rose Grove)

PICT0335.JPG.91611ef41f327ac437e6879d40f7f661.JPG

I believe these 2 were at Derby

PICT0354.JPG.521d14cf545ba26c873fa7bc7f0eedfe.JPG

Edited by 96701
add possible location for no 2 photo
  • Like 14

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

When you want to run your brand-new wagon straight out-of-the-box, even though the others have been weathered to within an inch of their lives😊

• Like 2
  • Funny 3

With the "LNER Society" tour organiser looking on 25243 and 25237 reverse a the LNER's 1T15 charter from Euston out of Aberystwyth on April 30th 1983. The "LNER society" ran many good value day and weekend tours to various destinations all over the UK. 25243 still has her number in her headcode box, this local "rat" days ended a few months later with her catching fire North of Leighton on a cement train.

21289849805_9e70fb0750_c.jpg

• Like 14