Taunton Members Day - Sunday 17th April 2011

Captain Kernow

Just another vote of thanks to everyone involved with the organisation of the day - it was my first RMweb do and certainly won't be my last. There's certainly a very relaxed atmosphere that's very refreshing, complete other end of the spectrum to events like Warley. Special thanks from me also to Kempenfelt, craigwelsh and Bryn for putting me up, driving me about and making our display look busy respectively!

Thanks to Andy as well for the special mention - I'm sure I speak for the others when I say that it's really quite flattering. Without sounding falsely modest, the things we're doing can be done by anyone. It's just a case of having a go and getting stuck in. G'worn, step out your comfort zone! B)

Pix

I travelled down to Taunton from Yorkshire on Sunday, and I must say my experiences were totally different to those portrayed here.

Everybody seemed to be wearing a rucksack and I was hit in the face by one. There was a surfeit of sweat from the great unwashed, and a more uncouth and surly group of people I cannot imagine. When I slapped a youth who rudely pushed in front of me, his father slapped me back! All I got to eat was a cold sandwich, and the tea tasted like sheep wee (don't ask me how I know). And when I complained to our leader, he told me to "shut thi' ****ing gob and bring thi' own next time"!

This is absolutely the last time I go hiking with the Yorkshire Ramblers Association. Next year I'll go to the RMweb do instead.

I haven't felt so humiliated since the Battle of Bosworth.

Neil

Yorkshireman, and proud of it.

(Disclaimer: Some parts of the above may be less than 100% true, and the rest complete fiction. But it'll make a good story for telling to mi' grandchildren.)

• RMweb Gold

Andy Y & Tim

Miss LMS says your dead next time she see you :D :D :D :D :D

the Flowers arived yestoday

She is most welcome - the ladies of the kitchen all worked very hard and certainly deserve a 'thank you!' :)

Archived