Taunton Members Day - Sunday 17th April 2011

Captain Kernow

• RMweb Gold

Well folks, here is a new thread for the 2011 Taunton Members Day!

Yes, there is definitely going to be one, and it will be on Sunday 24th April 2011.

It will again be in Staplegrove Village Hall, and this time we have booked both of the halls for exhibits, demos etc.

I have been in touch with a number of kind folk as regards layouts, but I won't be announcing any line up just yet.

So, do please put the dates in your diaries (which is perhaps a bit daft, because I don't know many people who've got a 2011 diary yet, but you know what I mean! ;) )

• RMweb Gold

:blush: :blush:

Discussions are already on-going about this and I hope to update everyone asap.

Ah - that might be useful Cap'n as my wedding anniversary falls on the 23rd (herself chose that day on the basis that as it is noted in diaries even I couldn't forget it - hmm :blush: ) and that could be a problem...

OK, nailing colours to the mast (again) - I will have something running by 2011, LCDR pre-1900ish, but promising nothing more.

Darn people having good memories ..... and then reminding me! No fair.

Phil

PS If I'm playing trains, who's going to demo the RSU ..?

• RMweb Gold

Darn people having good memories ..... and then reminding me! No fair.

Dont worry Phil, he got me as well with the layout thing. I thought i may have got away with it, if it wasnt for the pesky Captain unsure.gif rolleyes.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Got two hands, 'aintcha?! laugh.gif wink.gif

Don't even think about asking me to do a DCC demo and the layout, unless you can persuade my brother to come down as well.

cheers

Simon

Hi Tim. Any use for a box-file (well, two box files actually) layout in British 7mm for next years event? I was so taken with Port Byhan that I've made a start on my own micro layout now. 3 sidings, room for 5 wagons (box file #1), plus a fiddle/switching lead for a loco plus 1/2 wagons on the second box file (with maybe a bit overhanging). Scoped it out in real-dimensions last night and it works. Won't take up much room, Tim - honestly! One small table should do.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I booked my digs with CK, so if the dates changing, hopefully CK will lets us know pronto - before anybody else gets in, yes I'm mean over B&B......

• RMweb Gold

Following a lot of discussion over the last few weeks, I have now finalised the date for next year, and we have decided to avoid the Easter weekend, and go for the previous weekend. The 2011 Taunton Members Day will, therefore, be held on Sunday 17th April 2011.

We have booked both halls this time, so the event will be larger than the previous three years.

• RMweb Gold

Following a lot of discussion over the last few weeks, I have now finalised the date for next year, and we have decided to avoid the Easter weekend, and go for the previous weekend. The 2011 Taunton Members Day will, therefore, be held on Sunday 17th April 2011.

We have booked both halls this time, so the event will be larger than the previous three years.

Well that suits me Cap'n - marital problems (such as my early admission to a casualty ward) would seem to be avoided by that change, ta :)

• 6 months later...

hi guys,

not sure if you have seen the thread in the SWAG section, but the captain has allowed a small modular chain of layouts in the coming SWAG members day in Taunton 2011. The size should be around roughly 1ft x 3ft and should ideally be a south western theme (ranging from Cornwall to Bristol I guess!!!) and should be just plain code 100 track ,sure we could each bring a bit of rolling stock (unless you model P4 or somthing)as little expense as possible should be used during construction.

i will post a diagram later on about where the track should meet and the thickness of the board, but i was hoping to get a general idea of interest, so please comment on this thread if you wish to take part.

Many thanks for your time,

Tim

ps. sure a small prize for the best module could be arranged???......... free pasty?

...... I was looking forward to having the Monday off ,

oh , hang on , I'm retired so I get every day off.

"..I get every day off" - I think you'll find it's every day off from having a rest.... unless of course you've just retired,

give it a little time and you'll probably end up saying something like "... I think I will get a full time job again, I had more time to myself then.

Or of course, it maybe I'm totally disorganised as I approach 70 :huh:

• RMweb Gold

hi guys,

not sure if you have seen the thread in the SWAG section, but the captain has allowed a small modular chain of layouts in the coming SWAG members day in Taunton 2011. The size should be around roughly 1ft x 3ft and should ideally be a south western theme (ranging from Cornwall to Bristol I guess!!!) and should be just plain code 100 track ,sure we could each bring a bit of rolling stock (unless you model P4 or somthing)as little expense as possible should be used during construction.

i will post a diagram later on about where the track should meet and the thickness of the board, but i was hoping to get a general idea of interest, so please comment on this thread if you wish to take part.

Many thanks for your time,

Tim

ps. sure a small prize for the best module could be arranged???......... free pasty?

Yep, count me in please - Frenzied Warf would fit this category quite well.

Stu

• RMweb Premium

"..I get every day off" - I think you'll find it's every day off from having a rest.... unless of course you've just retired,

give it a little time and you'll probably end up saying something like "... I think I will get a full time job again, I had more time to myself then.Or of course, it maybe I'm totally disorganised as I approach 70 :huh:

Sandy , when I made that comment I was two months into retirement , luckily at the age of 60 , now

nine months down the line I can assure you that there is absolutely NO desire to get another job . :lol:

That said , I am in the final throws of a property purchase , the place I am buying needs a fair ammount of

redecoration and tidying up , so there will be some work to do . But it does come with a 32' x 9'6'' garage ,

now can anyone suggest a good use for that ? B)

Now back to the work bench to see if I can get this chassis running smoothly .

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold
the captain has allowed a small modular chain of layouts in the coming SWAG members day in Taunton 2011

Just to correct this, folks, the modular display will be at the 2012 event, not this year - more details in the relevant thread.

In the meantime, I am hoping to confirm in the near future, a very exciting line-up of layouts and displays for 2011!

Archived