Taunton Members Day - Sunday 17th April 2011

Captain Kernow

• RMweb Gold

Well myself and a car boot full of rolling stock have arrived in ZomerZet ready for tomorrow. Looking forward to catchin up with old friends and making some new ones.

• RMweb Gold

So, purple hair apart, how are we all going to recognise who is who! lol...............?:lol:

The good Captain usually provides a roll of sticky labels and a pen, but you have to write your own names.

I'm gutted that I can't be with you all tomorrow, but have a great time and post lots of pictures so that I can see what I'm missing.

After we pack up at the Wimborne exhibition tomorrow evening I shall be the proud possessor of 'Wadebridge 1860's' which I can bring next year if CK will allow me to bag a place. Please .. pretty please?

Phil

• RMweb Gold

The good Captain usually provides a roll of sticky labels and a pen, but you have to write your own names.

There are a few heading down from 'The North' and if you ask them nicely they will show you which end of the pen to hold... biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Hope you all have a good day and make sure there are enough pasties left over for the Captains lunch every day next week... ohmy.gif

• RMweb Premium

There are a few heading down from 'The North' and if you ask them nicely they will show you which end of the pen to hold... biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Pens not needed, as you're in the South West you will be given a potato to carve so that you can then stamp your name on the sticky label. tongue.gif

As always the white haired old git ( that's me ) will be there. It was a close call, I was pretty ill on Thursday night but I am sufficiently improved to attend. I will bring a couple of small sound equipped locos for a run on any DCC layouts that are there.

Under normal conditions, you look too young to need a walking stick.

My GP initially said the same, but then I was sent to a rheaumatologist and diagnosed with fibromyalgia and I find the stick helps ease the pain somewhat and steadies me somewhat too.

Kelly

All set for tomorrow. As well as Elm Park, I've got a few work in progress bits from Baby Laira coming with me. As well the stock that's been covered in the blog, there's something a little larger coming too, which hasn't been mentioned on the forum yet and is key to the setting. Hopefully it catches the character of the real thing, too

See you in the morning!

jo

(Mods feel free to move this if its not in the right palce). ADMIN - merged with main Taunton topic.

Just wanted to say a HUGE thank you to the Captain, Ladies, Team and everyone who was involved in making this a super day out.

Great to meet Andy, learnt about static grass, ...and YES will take you up on the offer!:lol:

New building techniques (cheers Dave):D

Catcott Burtle! (worth the trip alone) as were all the other excellent layouts and displays, first class modelling all round!

Pixe, Muzz, Stubby, Metropolitan and well everyone there, it was great to be there and be part of it this year.

So, from me a very big Thank You Very Much Indeed!

Superb!:P :P :P :P :P Only 364 days to go for next year!!!!!

I've been composing a message of thanks and appreciation to Tim and team whilst mowing the lawn on my return from Taunton and blow me down, the young gentleman from Cornwall has beaten me to it! Anyway,very many thanks for all the hard work and everything BR says,a hearty "hear hear".Tim.

• RMweb Premium

There should be plenty of photo's once people have got home. Tom, Devondinosaw118 has put some on his blog.

I would also like to thank all of those who helped put this on and to thank those who visited and chatted. I'm shattered but do know what I need to work on next still.

Can I add my thanks to all those involved in putting this event together. It was a very good day out with an opportunity to put faces to names (or pseudonyms). I had a number of really useful conversations, ranging from Saxon narrow gauge, through split frame chassis to Barrow Road depot ........and can I make a special mention of the chocolate cake.

:)

Eric

Archived