Class 92, By Accurascale

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

I presume the pantographs require servo functionality on the decoder though? If a non servo decoder is put into the loco what happens?

I.e. Bachmann say if you don't put a correctly configured decoder in theirs it could break the pantograph, they have their Zimo one they sell pre configured but a LP5 or LS5 work fine assuming they are programmed correctly.

We’ve configured the servo “smarts” on a dedicated PCBA per pantograph. So they can handle generic functions. 

We are final testing the pantograph modules presently And I’m sure complete details will be forthcoming 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

33 minutes ago, McC said:

We’ve configured the servo “smarts” on a dedicated PCBA per pantograph. So they can handle generic functions. 

We are final testing the pantograph modules presently And I’m sure complete details will be forthcoming 

Nice! That's brilliant really, whilst I am glad Bachmann did what they did (in terms of innovation) and it doesn't bother me to program a decoder to make it do what I want it to do, having it on board to just handle a standard output makes things easier and less confusing for a lot of people.

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

Nice! That's brilliant really, whilst I am glad Bachmann did what they did (in terms of innovation) and it doesn't bother me to program a decoder to make it do what I want it to do, having it on board to just handle a standard output makes things easier and less confusing for a lot of people.

We hope so, also makes the pantograph a modular 'part' for other locomotives, or indeed retrofit...

• Like 3
  • Round of applause 1

2 minutes ago, McC said:

We hope so, also makes the pantograph a modular 'part' for other locomotives, or indeed retrofit...

I'm sure there would be a market for a retrofit kit. They are pretty ordinary B-W pantographs aren't they?

• Agree 1

Ah, i see. I took the word "retro fit" as meaning to fit to other models, ie Hornby and Bachmann, (and the possible accura 89)

In terms of using the same panto, only the 89 is available, without duplicating brand new models from other stables.

Edited by The Ghost of IKB

23 hours ago, Sir TophamHatt said:

Completely not my thing but I am thinking of getting one to support you guys.

Really impressed with you as a company.

Don't worry, I have other locos that aren't my thing either!

Awww thats nice @Sir TophamHatt- this is totally my thing, but i am a bit wrapped up with my Bachmann 90's amongst other things so my Accurascales 92 (probably EWS Beasties first, not sure which liveries after that lol) will have to wait - but keep up the good work and I like many others look forward to what you guys deliver with the completed 92s, which so far are looking and sounding mighty impressive @Accurascale Fran

Kat@johnsonstreetIEMD

Edited by DBC90024
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, McC said:

Well you've said it now! You've now got to a) produce more overhead electric models and b) supply the pan systems as a spare!

OO gauge 320 / 321 EMU please :D

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, daveahudson said:

Well you've said it now! You've now got to a) produce more overhead electric models and b) supply the pan systems as a spare!

OO gauge 320 / 321 EMU please :D

Have to measure it quick though before they are gone.

• 2 months later...

Couldnt decide which one to order today… eventually went with 92020 in GBRf but no doubt will be back for more :-) can not wait to see the decorated samples.

Also threw in a pre-order for 37423 and 37608 for the sake of it! 

Thank you Accurascale!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 01/03/2021 at 09:03, Accurascale Fran said:

Morning everyone,

This is correct. If you place any order for Class 92s between now and the cut off date you will get the earlier price. 

We had envisaged that we would have decorated samples before the cut off date of 19th March, but that does not look like it will happen now (more likely April) so we will likely extend the cut off date to after the decorated samples land so you can see them in all their glory before ordering. But for now, keep the original date in your head. 

Cheers!

Fran

Do you know when you will be able to reveal the decorated samples as they were due in late May?

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, milan243 said:

Do you know when you will be able to reveal the decorated samples as they were due in late May?

Hi @milan243,

We have been assured we will now receive them by the end of this month, so reveal should be in early - mid August. Once we get them we will post them on here. 

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

On 20/07/2021 at 09:19, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi @milan243,

We have been assured we will now receive them by the end of this month, so reveal should be in early - mid August. Once we get them we will post them on here. 

Cheers!

Fran 

Thanks Fran for the update.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, The Stationmaster said:

Nah it's the dreaded short shoe beams looking for gaps to cut off the train supply.  But look on the bright side - Accurascale are accurately modelling something the Class 92 designers got wrong ;)

I did also wonder if it's a generic 6 wheeler as they are de-regueur at the moment.

• Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Gold
22 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Everyone,

1604041958_92teaser.jpg.19bfe11418b92061e8d9835d53fa2ed3.jpg

Well, what have we here?

Look out for a full Class 92 update with some seriously gorgeous painted samples, delivery date, early bird price order deadline and more later this week!

We will of course post it here so you don't miss out.

Cheers!

Fran 

Looks like an ACDC class 60 to me ?

• Agree 1