• RMweb Gold

Evenjng Alex, 

Roughly a month to go then. Looking very, very nice indeed. 

Rob. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

Evenjng Alex, 

Roughly a month to go then. Looking very, very nice indeed. 

Rob. 

The next month is going to be spent making sure the whole thing works without issue!

Edited by wiggoforgold
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
13 hours ago, wiggoforgold said:

In a previous post, I showed a picture of the new 4574 in primer. Here she is, almost finished. I tried Lifecolour green, which sprayed well, but I felt there was too much blue in it, so I went over it with Railmatch. Transfers and 3d plates are from Railtech.

DSCF2751.jpg.306cb6f38c9c0e52538d856d77c460cf.jpg

My original model of 4574 was made as a pair with my model of 4555. Then I learned that 4574 was unlined by the time it reached the branch, so the old lined  model has become 4567.  Here's the new 4574 posed with 4555, which has had a bit of a tweak.

Alex

BR Green looks an awful lot better on a 4500 without any lining, very nice job (all be it not quite so nice as if it still had G W R on the side...)

Assume the show in a month's time is the one in Somerset?  If you need any extra help for the Saturday I'm happy to assist.  Looking forward to finally seeing it in the flesh!

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

3 hours ago, The Fatadder said:

BR Green looks an awful lot better on a 4500 without any lining, very nice job (all be it not quite so nice as if it still had G W R on the side...)

Assume the show in a month's time is the one in Somerset?  If you need any extra help for the Saturday I'm happy to assist.  Looking forward to finally seeing it in the flesh!

Oh I quite like the lined ones . My eyesight can only cope with unlined though so if I want a lined one I have to trawl the s/h market for lined Bachmann ones.

Yes it is the show in Somerset and it would be great to meet up. NHY581 is assisting, but you would be most welcome. Operaton is a bit less onerous than Brent with only three turnouts and one signal.

Alex

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 2

1 hour ago, mullie said:

What date and where is the exhibition? A long shot, but large parts of Somerset are easily drivable from here. Though no doubt my family will have other ideas!

Martyn

Hi Martyn

Edington, 8th and 9th January 2022. Should be an easy drive for you, family permitting!

Alex

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Here's a crop of a screen shot. 

Screenshot_20211207-113512_Drive-01.jpeg.302e5d96d0ea60f2a6bcf37fd5eec7d6.jpeg

Have to agree regarding the photo. Splendid ! 

Rob. 

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

No sorry needed Alex was just pointing that for me I couldn’t see it very short hand I admit! 
Thanks Rob for the screenshot.

indeed a grand photo, looking forward to it if Covid19 is on the backseat again.

Cheers.

• Like 1

I go the disappointing, but unsurprising news today that the Edington show in January has been cancelled. I think a few people were hoping to meet up, so a shame that won't be happening. They are hoping to stage a show later in the year, so I've said I'm up for that.

The up side is this gives me more time to work on the scenery!

All the best to everyone for Christmas and the new year.

Alex

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 17

• 2 weeks later...

I went up to Catcott in Somerset today, for reasons not unconnected with the cancellation of the Edington show. My son and his girlfriend presented me with a card, the inside of which read "we owe you one grass dobber"

I asked what a "grass dobber" was. Further questioning elucidated the explanation that they meant a static grass applicator. Henceforth such items will be known in this house as "grass dobbers". :)

Alex

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 12

8 hours ago, brianusa said:

I hope the holidays were good for you, Alex.  Happy New Year and I have to say your efforts of Yelverton have given a lot of pleasure culminating with the finished station.  Or is it finished?:lol:

Brian. 

Thanks Brian. Happy  New Year to you too.

It's not finished yet - the scenery round the up platform needs finishing and the up platform building bedded in. Also, the point motors need to be installed (they have been in a box for the last 9 months) ...and there's a couple of ground signals....another 6 months or so I reckon.

Alex

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just caught up with your layout thread.  I love the consistency you achieve with all elements of the layout.  It all looks brilliant, and fits together beautifully to give a totally realistic model .

The weathering of buildings, rolling stock etc is spot on.

Very inspirational - well done, and thanks for sharing with us.

• Agree 3
  • Thanks 1

More bedding in of the Up platform building. With the building temporarily in place, pieces of 10th our plastic card were slipped between the building and the edge of the hole. The gap was then filled with Das. Once dry, the building was removed and the Das painted with Mig faded Sinai grey , covered with PVA  and sprinkled with a mix of sieved earthB68DE38F-92FF-4712-AF85-07B43F19EC78.jpeg.295149dea334c6b0068517def9c0a49c.jpeg and grout, which is a light grey colour.

• Like 14
  • Craftsmanship/clever 3
  • Round of applause 1