6 hours ago, MrWolf said:

Great little scene, really well observed. I like the correct style milk churns for the period and the trolley parked parallel to the track with the handle up, brake on.

Thanks. I've left room on the trolley for a crate of empty milk bottles and a cool box for ice cream when I can find something suitable :)

Alex

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, wiggoforgold said:

8A7A9B25-2152-4A39-8C9E-8964C7A5FE29.jpeg.9b66b25fdc7677e57a98e5cd00062810.jpeg
With the boards currently dismantled for work on the individual sections, the opportunity arose for this picture of the up platform building from a different angle.

Alex

Lovely shot Alex

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
On 10/02/2022 at 04:59, wiggoforgold said:

Thanks. I've left room on the trolley for a crate of empty milk bottles and a cool box for ice cream when I can find something suitable :)

Alex

If you can find a photo showing what you are after, I may be able to cobble something together on the printer for you.  drop me a pm if you have something.

Rich

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

F4AD9FFD-51E5-40F2-8EAC-37B0496A14EF.jpeg.f0ef681c6f51b811cdbd6c3e8860406e.jpeg

I wanted to make a model of the mixed train that ran to Princetown for the Yelverton layout.  In reality, by the time of the model, the Princetown line and the 44xx class had gone, but I wanted to build the train in model form.

A while ago I got a Perseverance chassis from gwrob of this parish which provided the chassis for the model.  I also got a K’s body from him, thinking that a repaint in black would be a quick change, but the more I learned about the class, the more I realised that using the K’a body as a basis of a 44xx in it’s final form was not a simple job, so I am modifying a Bachmann body.

Alex

Edited by wiggoforgold
  • Like 19

• 2 weeks later...

I really like the colouring that you have used, you get a real sense of dank hedgerows, dusty tracks, bleached paint and rotting timber.

Little scenes like the gateway are so believable, it gives me a sense of places I have been, yet I've never been to Yelverton, that's what makes this layout inspire me. 

• Agree 8

23 minutes ago, lezz01 said:

Very nice work Alex. You've gotta love those Mig products. I don't know why most railway modellers don't know about them.

Regards 

Railway modellers can be an insular bunch in my experience. Techniques like dry brushing and washes were around in the military modelling world for years before railway modellers cottoned on to them

Alex

• Like 1
  • Agree 4
  • Funny 1

45 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

I really like the colouring that you have used, you get a real sense of dank hedgerows, dusty tracks, bleached paint and rotting timber.

Little scenes like the gateway are so believable, it gives me a sense of places I have been, yet I've never been to Yelverton, that's what makes this layout inspire me. 

Thanks Rob. I'm lucky enough to live in the area, so I've modelled what I see. I've also spent a lot of time on country walks taking photos of things like bushes and worn road surfaces on my phone.

Alex

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1