• RMweb Gold

Excellent colour scheme. Just a few colours, toned down and recurring. Even the Morris is colour-matched.

I like the "cut out" top of the back scene too, funny how that does make a difference.

• Agree 5
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, brianusa said:

Good to see an overall picture, Alex.  

How about a bolt on P/Town branch and the turntable - would look good!😉

Brian.

Thanks Brian. Behind the curved fascia of the baseboard in front of the up platform building is a substantial girder that another board could be bolted to, and the track bed of the lifted branch is a "proper"  track bed, not just cosmetic scenery.  :)

Alex

Edited by wiggoforgold
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi Alex, 

Lovely job on the RCH open in particular. 

Rob. 

• Agree 5
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, MrWolf said:

Very nice work, it shows that you should never dismiss older models that you can upgrade. 

I believe that's the approach the Memsahib takes with me. 

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 10
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 4 weeks later...

Sometimes I am brought to the brink of despair by technology. In my previous post I had intended to say a bit about the computer display on the layout, but my phone deleted the explanation when I was editing the previous post and I didn't notice until after it was posted.

The layout shows a sequence of typical trains from the last years of the line, run to a sequence based on the old timetables. I've put the sequence in to a Power Point presentation which is displayed on a computer screen fixed to the front of the layout  At the recent Exeter show one of the exhibitors was using a similar presentation and I've borrowed a couple of ideas from that to refine mine.

I'm looking forward to Edington (23-24 July) and hope to see a few of you there.

Alex

• Like 10

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...