Kato announces Class 800 in N

Mike Harvey

3 hours ago, Revolution Ben said:

Hi all,

Hopefully that will encourage Kato to fund whatever additional tooling may be needed for the Class 80X units in TPE, Hull Trains, Lumo and Avanti colours.

cheers

Ben A.

I heartily agree. No one else will be attempting these, and I’d go for the TPE and Avanti ones.

Of course it does mean that Revolution would then be free to build on their CAF expertise and do the CL195, CL331, and all 12 CL397’s 😀

Regards,

John P

• Like 1

UK pricing now available for the 9 Car LNER KATO Class 800 set as announced in Japan a week or so ago, but also the DCC and DCC Sound versions available here in the UK.

DC RRP £399.95

DCC RRP £429.95

DCC-Sound RRP £499.95

To me these seem like great prices for a 9 car set, but they will be further discounted at Train Trax. Pre-orders are now open. Arrivals due in mid 2024.

I

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Compared to the new Farish class 158 those prices are already outstanding (RRP £259.95 & £369.95 for DC & DCC sound fitted versions respectfully for two-car unit).

If only Kato made something for modellers of earlier periods! (or if only Farish could sell larger batches to reduce the price!)

Looking forward to seeing a set at YAG later in the year!

Steven B

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, nickb4141 said:

Is it only LNER 9 car sets Kato are producing? Just seems a bit strange not to offer the GWR equivalents, unless I’ve missed something?

Not been officially announced yet, but GWR are coming later in the year, some time after the Paddington ones.

I

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

The later release of the 9 car GWR set will avoid it getting confused with the 5 car GWR Paddington Bear set. The original 5 car LNER set still seems to be readily available and more so than the 5 car original GWR set.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

The vanilla version of the GWR Paddington 800 is showing as being in stock with Gaugemaster now. The DCC and DCC sound fitted versions are not yet available, I guess we will have to wait for the chips to be fitted before seeing these. 

• 2 weeks later...

Received an email from HobbySearch Japan to say my 9 car LNER 800 has been delayed until June. Checking the Kato website it would seem so. Kato Production Schedule

※ [Apology]
Regarding the product number 10-1675 British Railways Class 800/1 LNER "AZUMA" that was scheduled to be shipped in May 2024, Due to various circumstances, we will change it to the following shipping schedule. We apologize for the inconvenience. ( Updated 4/5)

• Like 1