Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Mozzer's new work bench 4mm That Welsh Brake Van building A AA/24

And having just read this, may I ask what filler primer is or is it just that? Where do you get it? What make etc please?

Thanks

Ian

it is from Halfords it just a thick yellow primer

if this kit was for me i to would have not finished it but its a commission i have to finish itangry.gif blink.gif dry.gif

well today i made a start putting on the transfers i have got the No's on but not the arrows

I have just had to order some more transfers as the arrows on thw No sheet were to small al; been well these will arive this week ?

so till then there will be no more updates

The Arrow trans transfers arived in the post today so i have fitted them the model has been done as D5909

here are some pics

post-6686-127660053261_thumb.jpg

post-6686-127660055503_thumb.jpg

post-6686-127660057354_thumb.jpg

post-6686-127660059847_thumb.jpg

well next is rebuilding the bogies now the paint is dry & hard

Plus i need to pick up some vanish for the body

• Like 1

Looks like you've produced a plausible silk purse out of a sow's ear here. Skills & patience in great evidence! Hope the client appreciates your commitment!

I second that comment, I still have some unfinished kits that got the better of me hidden away in a cupboard gathering dust. I wish I had your commitment :good_mini:

All the best, Martyn.

I second that comment, I still have some unfinished kits that got the better of me hidden away in a cupboard gathering dust. I wish I had your commitment good_mini.gif

All the best, Martyn.

well i have A added incentive

once i have finished this model i will get payed for building it

Well the bogie were built up today & the body was given a coat of satin varnish which seams to have gone a bit glossy

12030c.jpg

12030a.jpg

on friday i will be fitting the glazing once the varnish has had 48 hours to harden off plus painting the buffer beam black

I find that adding half a dozen drops of Railmatch coal black or weathered black to their varnish, tones the gloss down to a 'working' finish.

Nice tip - thanks. Bet you were sweating the first time you did that!

Cheers,

Chris.