Mozzer's new work bench 4mm That Welsh Brake Van building A AA/24

You've done a few of these, haven't you, Brian? They do make a nice looking coach. Are they resin sides?

Some are a one peace resin body/chassie plus resin seating & roof this one is

but some are white metal sides, ends, buffers & bufferbeam with a resin chassie, seating & roof with

the bogie , queen posts roof vent are white metal as well

i have one of each still to build & when i start them i will take a photo of them

• 4 weeks later...

What with My C.F.S stopping work then the kids on hols i have not got much done but today i have built up the bogies for the Utility Van heres some pics of the work so far

doors & hinges removed & door holes filled

157r7c_7ba441921701fe2013c93d9b31ef4f66.jpg

Doors refited

157r7a_7ba441921701fe2013c93d9b31ef4f66.jpg

Steps & extra planks added plus the corridors fitted with the bogie just sat under & not fixed in place

157r79_7ba441921701fe2013c93d9b31ef4f66.jpg

157r7d_7ba441921701fe2013c93d9b31ef4f66.jpg

Brian,

What a nice job you have achieved with the PMV, what a shame that Hornby have passed the chance to revise it but your excellent work proves that it was not too bad as a model some 40 years ago...........I am very impressed with your work and I look forward to seeing your progress on the Ratio bogie B-van.

DesA

• RMweb Gold

Nice work indeed Brian, the Roxey mouldings detailing kit certainly makes a difference. It is such a shame that Tri-ang decided to mould the plank lines raised instead of as grooves.

I did one of these a while ago (and have a couple more to do)

post-243-0-96552400-1299169273_thumb.jpg

Technically these are neither Utility vans or just PMVs. In Southern days they were classed as GBL (Gangwayed Bogie Luggage van) and later classed as Cor-PMV

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Today i have been building a Dean Sidings kit for a GWR 2-4-0 Metro tank

heres what you get

post-6686-0-57609100-1300129983_thumb.jpg

1st job is to cut up the chassie so it fits the body

I finished cutting up the 14xx chassie block so that the moter sits the other way up & the chassie block will fit into the body

before lunch

post-6686-0-30896400-1300130095_thumb.jpg

I still have one or two bits to add to the body but thay will be done after i have painted the body

Well heres the pic of how she is now

post-6686-0-00873200-1300130150_thumb.jpg

post-6686-0-31185100-1300130156_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Mozzer

The Metro tank looks very good and from the spread of parts it looks like the kit can be assembled into various different versions, I'm just comparing it to my one I built

from the South Eastern Finecast kit, took me ages.

I always wandered how Dean Sidings modified the Hornby chassis, it looks like quite an advanced bit of hacksaw work, well done. Did you have to strip down the

chassis first to keep the cogs and wheels safe?

RH

Hi Mozzer

The Metro tank looks very good and from the spread of parts it looks like the kit can be assembled into various different versions, I'm just comparing it to my one I built

from the South Eastern Finecast kit, took me ages.

I always wandered how Dean Sidings modified the Hornby chassis, it looks like quite an advanced bit of hacksaw work, well done. Did you have to strip down the

chassis first to keep the cogs and wheels safe?

RH

This is the 4th Deans sidings kit i have built the others at the at most 3 cuts this had 9 but with the kit are drawings & info for the cuts to the chasise use 3 datums points

i strip the chassie then raped the cog left in the chassie to stop sworfe getting into it

Brian

That looks great very nice indeed what did you use for the lining?

Pete

Hi Pete

the lining are HMRS transfers presfix sheet 8 I had to cut them to fit as non fitted the panels with out shorting them the cab & bunker been the worse

Nothing to show today as i had to stay were i could hear the door :angry: But i did get the rivits pouched out on Jiidenco Models(now falcon brass) GWR Drinking Water wagon

All been well tomorrow i will be gluing more bits of brass to a Ratio SR brake van B &

start building a Perseverance models LNER ex- GC Suburban 8 Compartment 3rd the 50ft low elliptical roof type

Hi Moz, those GCR coaches are of interest to me as I need one for a push & pull train. I believe they were built as London Suburban Stock from 1905 with the low-eliptical roof. I need a 7-compartment all-first kit I think. Three compartments were downgraded to third class in the 1930s. In addition, an end compartment was stripped out to form a luggage space and push-pull driving compartment. Do you happen to know if there is a full first in the Perseverance range Mozzer? I've done it here instead of a PM in case the info is of interest to others.

Thanks,

Larry

Errata : This coach only had the luggage compartment.

Hi Moz, those GCR coaches are of interest to me as I need one for a push & pull train. I believe they were built as London Suburban Stock from 1905 with the low-eliptical roof. I need a 7-compartment all-first kit I think. Three compartments were downgraded to third class in the 1930s. In addition, an end compartment was stripped out to form a luggage space and push-pull driving compartment. Do you happen to know if there is a full first in the Perseverance range Mozzer? I've done it here instead of a PM in case the info is of interest to others.

Thanks,

Larry

Hi Larry

Sorry i do not know what was in the range apart from the kits i have built