Mozzer's new work bench 4mm That Welsh Brake Van building A AA/24

Full set of Newton Chambers car transporters in maroon, full set of Tyne Dock iron ore hoppers; could there be someone out there reproducing the central BR(NE) territory in the early sixties on a grand scale?

the Newton Chambers car transporters went to Ozz

& the Tyne dock hoppers are for some one in the UK

• Like 1

Speaking to Dave Alexander at our clubs recent open day he is hoping to have his Tyne Dock ore wagon kits available in time for the Blyth Club show this coming August. From the pieces he had with him I would say they very much look like a winner.

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice, Brian. I don't comment much on this thread, because most of the time, I have nothing to say other than "great work". However, I'm often to be found taking at peek at your pictures, and there's always something new and interesting. As a non-expert, I'm always fascinated to see well-built models of unfamiliar prototypes. So keep up the great work - I look forward to seeing what you tackle next!

Very nice, Brian. I don't comment much on this thread, because most of the time, I have nothing to say other than "great work". However, I'm often to be found taking at peek at your pictures, and there's always something new and interesting. As a non-expert, I'm always fascinated to see well-built models of unfamiliar prototypes. So keep up the great work - I look forward to seeing what you tackle next!

Thanks

Well the wagons now have there letterings &the next job on them will be weathering

there 1 as pre the left wagon

3 as pre the center wagon

& 2 like the right wagon

8881448896_8da12c4855_c.jpg

001 by Mozzer models, on Flickr

8880825527_ed5ffa72d7_c.jpg

002 by Mozzer models, on Flickr

8881443912_fb2220fa1f_c.jpg

003 by Mozzer models, on Flickr

8880817251_d98a0494c6_c.jpg

004 by Mozzer models, on Flickr

all 6 wagons

8880811019_8fd74f3b6d_c.jpg

006 by Mozzer models, on Flickr

8881430900_46e1ae5576_c.jpg

007 by Mozzer models, on Flickr

8881426646_380d81c0a5_c.jpg

008 by Mozzer models, on Flickr

• Like 7

These are looking good, Mozzer. Do you have any plans to recreate the reddish iron ore dust that used to cover them in service?

My dad has a rake of nine of these beasts on Blackgill (he originally planned to build 18, so have a full and an empty rake, but I think doing nine was more than plenty for him!). I can confirm that they certainly require a lot of grunt to get them moving. A well-weighted 9F or O1 can just about manage them but there's a EE Type 4 banker in the Blackgill works at the moment to ensure they don't stall on the way up the bank in the future!

Arp

These are looking good, Mozzer. Do you have any plans to recreate the reddish iron ore dust that used to cover them in service?

My dad has a rake of nine of these beasts on Blackgill (he originally planned to build 18, so have a full and an empty rake, but I think doing nine was more than plenty for him!). I can confirm that they certainly require a lot of grunt to get them moving. A well-weighted 9F or O1 can just about manage them but there's a EE Type 4 banker in the Blackgill works at the moment to ensure they don't stall on the way up the bank in the future!

Arp

there will get more weathering

These wagons are not for me built to Order

Now they are looking good. They certainly were filthy when I saw them lumbering through Consett station (closed of course but open for spotting) in 1961/2.

Superb job(s) mate.

P

they have now gone home

But 3 more were left to build to make up a full rake

But i have a 8 coach silver jubilee rake be for that once i finish a 7mm J37

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

this weeki cleared my desk up & came across a Chivers Fineline RC416 4MM LNER Dia 120 pigeon van kit that i had fogot about so as i was watching the F1 on tv o have built it up it will once finished put up for sale

9168245364_d8a4002c51_c.jpg

001 copy by Mozzer models, on Flickr

Now what livery do i do it in LNER teak or BR

I still need to fit the buffers & fit some pipes on the ends

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...