Mozzer's new work bench 4mm That Welsh Brake Van building A AA/24

Today the parts that were short arrived & i have finished the body of the stores/Office & roof access coach & is drying & I will will be giving it a coat of primmer tomorrow the chassis is fiished & all ready painted black

All so today i have finished the body of the Manages coach & will be working on the chassis tomorrow

I still have to build an one now cable drum wagons the 7 coach will be finished

• Like 1

So with 11 more parts added were up to 27 brass part to make up this wagon chassis

15421314884_f91ab0930d_c.jpg

003 by Mozzer models, on Flickr

16043579275_2de626d5b6_c.jpg

004 by Mozzer models, on Flickr

with that done its onto the hopper which need splitting into 4 parts & the floor narroring once thats done its pop out the rivites & fold to shap

15856138928_a466a92f7f_c.jpg

005 by Mozzer models, on Flickr

then its time to solder the 4 parts back togetter again

15857531699_92137b04d5_c.jpg

006 by Mozzer models, on Flickr

16041628231_73ca773cc7_c.jpg

007 by Mozzer models, on Flickr

still lots to do to the hopper but heres a photo show what it looks like at the end of the day

16043574305_446ae58cdf_c.jpg

008 by Mozzer models, on Flickr

• Like 4

I built 3 of these recently - not the easiest of kits to put together, but with care makes a nice looking model. Halfwit posted a step by step guide that I found very useful. It's in the archives I think.

You will probably find that a deal of cutting back is required underneath to provide adequate clearance for the wheels.

Good luck! I will watch with interest.

post-13840-0-47736200-1418867951.jpg

• Like 3

I built 3 of these recently - not the easiest of kits to put together, but with care makes a nice looking model. Halfwit posted a step by step guide that I found very useful. It's in the archives I think.

You will probably find that a deal of cutting back is required underneath to provide adequate clearance for the wheels.

Good luck! I will watch with interest.

this is My 2nd one the 1st i built last septmember

9981781204_86d8384abc_c.jpg

002 by Mozzer models, on Flickr

• Like 1

Nice work Mozzer and David looking good. A shame that the etches never got altered. When I checked the original test etches for the previous owner of the etch artwork I flagged up that the floor portion of the etch was too wide. That was in late 2009 I had helped him with. So presumably when he sold the etch artwork onto Roxey nothing had been altered.

One thing to note if you are modelling them as Summers wagons then you will not need the vacuum cylinders and vac pipe fitted as the Summers wagons were only ever unfitted wagons. Only once they were purchased by BR and ICI did they gain the vacuum brake equipment and larger style ICI lettering. Plus the vertical end ladders were fitted as standard to the Summers wagons and retained by ICI when they received their fleet of 13 wagons.

Cheers Paul

A neat job on an awkward, but highly satisfying, kit Brian. Cambrian sell a sprue of various brake wheels, one of which is a decent match and far better than using the etched job supplied with the kit.

Paul - I believe it to be an ICI rather than a Summers wagon, check the body dimensions against a drawing, and the body length against the chassis.

My latest build can be seen here.

back at it today

after soldering 12 parts togetter to form the 2 small brace plates

16054926382_643fc0ddd8_z.jpg

001 by Mozzer models, on Flickr

then it was time to fold up the to lager ones

16054925682_d2ed12b1e4_z.jpg

002 by Mozzer models, on Flickr

followed by soldering in 2 ribs in to each

& again solded to the hopper/chassis

15433328644_122cf56995_z.jpg

003 by Mozzer models, on Flickr