Bourton on the Water

Baggies1961

This evening Iv filled in gaps with cork by goods shed ready to be weathered. This has brought the gap up to track height.

The attempt being to make it look like a compacted dirt surface.

Hopefully waiting at the Post Office are my rodding stools from modelu + figures and some intentio used sleepers.

image.jpg

• Like 7

Still awaiting the delivery from Modelu for the point rodding stools I'm hoping its just the postal delays holding things up.

I was thinking on using plastruct for the square rodding unless anyone knows of any other suitable material? I also need to order that. This is where you miss the model shop visit as I'm not sure of the size rodding I will need.

• RMweb Gold

According to the information on Eileen's website, they take 0.7mm rod:

https://eileensemporium.com/eileens-emporium-products/category/4377-modelu-detailing-components-point-rodding

Eileen's also suggests options for suitable brass and/or plastic rod to suit.

No connection, etc

I was confused looking on the Modelu website because they have images giving a rod size of 0.4mm, but converting that to a 12"/ft equivalent came out way too thin- then I realised that was for the 4mm scale option!

Pity Modelu don't give this information clearly.

I haven't got anywhere near reaching this stage yet with my layout, but one day hopefully ...

• RMweb Gold

I know what you mean. When I first decided to build a 7mm layout it never occurred to me to model point rodding. It's only after spending so long lurking on RMweb and marvelling at the wonderful layouts on here that it dawned on me that I would now miss it if it wasn't there (having never really noticed it before).

Layouts like (to pick just a couple out of they vast number of worthy candidates here) Little Muddle (4mm) and Modbury (2mm) just blow me away with how realistic they look.

Agreed, I look at the experts on here and am amazed at what they achieve like you say in realism both in kit building and layout building.

Iv always wanted to have a 4mm layout so built a very small one then got the bug for 7mm. Electrics still baffle me and Im still having some stalling issues on points but hopefully will get it sorted.