Bourton on the Water

Baggies1961

Hi Ade,

Weather the ballast now I think, I was looking at Alans (Westerner) ballast on his layout and the colours and technique he used.

Iv also to re read your thread on the building of the GWR Toad I foolishly bought to keep myself busy in these times, in between work of course, was yours a Parkside?

Been building some Parkside wagons a first for me and although some parts are very small and fiddly Iv enjoyed it generally, they will need painting and weathering again this will be a first for me and Im waiting for some paints to arrive for that.

If Iv got time I might try fit in some work :mocking_mini:

• Like 2

A first for me I have built some Parkside kits, there are many mistakes and my failing eye sight and fat fingers were a challenge. Certain parts, namely the hooks on the side of the sand wagon were so small and fiddly that many words not allowed on here were uttered!!

Another first will be painting and then weathering them I have spent a lot of time studying and asking just how the experts on here do it so well.

Waiting for the post to deliver some paints to start.
To weight the wagons I have cut strips of lead to lay in the body these will be covered over.

Regards

Julian.

image.jpg

• Like 3
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

Very short clip of 37425 leaving the station. One unfortunate oversight I made was to start building the layout in this position which prevents me running locos off scene and into a fiddle yard ( yet to be built).

I need to spin the layout around and have against the wall this will allow me to attach the run off board when built.

As soon as things return to some form

of normality the layout will stay as it is. :(

• Like 3