Bourton on the Water

Baggies1961

Agree about lamp brackets.  Slaters are actually usable.  Useful to have a stock of spares to replace plastic ones on Parkside kits too.

While we're at it, those rigid plastic brake hoses are pretty naff.  I'd replace those with Slater's as well.

John

Edited by brossard
  • Informative/Useful 1

Andy, a second power cab controller plus a right hand point.

Class 20 left for sound fitting. Cant wait to hear the sound of the 20 on the layout.

Traverser nearly done, at last. On my site visits this week a contractor gave a piece of 6mm ply that fits superbly.

Draw slides not fitted to ply as yet.

image.jpg

• Like 1

Good to see you are using NCE, the system still gets good marks in reviews.  I have the 5A booster installed but I suspect it is overkill.  Mine is fairly long and I have extra fascia panels on both sides of the layout for flexibility.

John

• Like 1

I must admit, I've never tried the NCE, but it looks similar to the Gaugemaster Prodigy. I have the Signatrack with two hand sets, so can run 3 Trains at once, as the panel can still be used at the same time.

When you say turn the Layout around, what do you mean, have this viewing side against a wall?

Hi Andy,

In a fit of madness I built the layout across the door so I have to crawl under the board to get in the room.

To be able to walk into the attic room and fit the traverser to the bridge end, I am moving the layout across the room to the other wall. To do this I will have to split the layout and spin it around.

To make it more of a challenge it is a very small room so the bookshelf in the room (where the layout will sit) will have to be moved onto the small landing.

Il send a pic when done.

• Friendly/supportive 1

48 minutes ago, Baggies1961 said:

Hi Andy,

In a fit of madness I built the layout across the door so I have to crawl under the board to get in the room.

To be able to walk into the attic room and fit the traverser to the bridge end, I am moving the layout across the room to the other wall. To do this I will have to split the layout and spin it around.

To make it more of a challenge it is a very small room so the bookshelf in the room (where the layout will sit) will have to be moved onto the small landing.

Il send a pic when done.

I wanted Seven Mills on the opposite wall to the door, but as the baseboards are 3ft wide at the point where they would be under the Gas and Lece Meters so that was a no, no. hence my Gate style Fiddle Yard idea.

I look forward to seeing some pics Julian.

• Like 2