Bourton on the Water

Baggies1961

Thanks John, but if it had not been for this forum I would be no where, I have begged stole and borrowed ideas from the experts such as yourself by asking how do you do that?

You like many others on the RM Web respond pdq with help guidance and advice, as you did when I took the plunge and built my first kit! Without that I think, me especially, would be snookered!

My biggest mistake I think, is what most people do before they start, is by not planning properly.

Electrics still confuse me a tad but Im determined Il crack it one day :o.

Due to my eyes deteriorating this my first O Gauge layout, Iv thoroughly enjoyed building it and love the diverse range of superb layouts here on the web which gave me the inspiration to have a go in the first place.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Damn these retailers reducing the price of the 50’s.

Meet the new 50 which will become 50035 Ark Royal.

Have asked Steve at Railtec for transfers and plates from Shawplan hopefully.

Annoyingly I will have to try and amend incorrect lining on the front ends and weather.
This one has Legomanbiffo sound fitted and is not as noisy as 50049

image.jpg

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Baggies1961 said:

Has anyone heard from Steve Bell at realtec lately? Just been trying for over a week now to hear from him regarding ordering some transfers.

I guess he maybe on his holidays.

As usual he's mega busy. He's made contact with me over some bits I ordered the other week so I am sure he'll get to you. If its off the shelf stuff then you'll usually get a response straight away and despatched with in a day or so. If its bespoke (even if its just a number set) it can take a bit longer as he doesn't just send you a 'set of numbers' he'll check them against the actual loco to get the spacing and weight etc right.

• Thanks 1