Bourton on the Water

Baggies1961

Shattered Andy, it works! Connected up power and trains run ok. Slight problem with levels this side of the room but Il try and sort that out tomorrow.

Decided I am going to run the copper bus wire through out the run of the layout when it arrives from DCC Supplies.

Tomorrow will connect the traverser up, at last all being well.

image.jpg

• Like 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

15 hours ago, Baggies1961 said:

Shattered Andy, it works! Connected up power and trains run ok. Slight problem with levels this side of the room but Il try and sort that out tomorrow.

Decided I am going to run the copper bus wire through out the run of the layout when it arrives from DCC Supplies.

Tomorrow will connect the traverser up, at last all being well.

image.jpg

I love the disconnection scene

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

Having the club layout at shows, I always thought it great fun to let the kiddies have a go at driving.  They catch on really quick and I think mums and dads appreciate it.  They can't do too much damage.  Too many layout operators try to keep a distance from the punters.

John

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

8 minutes ago, brossard said:

Having the club layout at shows, I always thought it great fun to let the kiddies have a go at driving.  They catch on really quick and I think mums and dads appreciate it.  They can't do too much damage.  Too many layout operators try to keep a distance from the punters.

John

Apart from one, all my Exhibition Layouts have been operated from the front, and I agree, the parents do appreciate it when you say press this button, and Horn blows, and they love it, then the parents want a go, and start to ask questions.:good:

• Agree 2

The club layout has a large roundy roundy aspect to it, but, importantly for me, there is a spur to a branchline.  The branchline is a place where shunting can take place and something I like.  Yes, the layout can be operated from inside or the front.

John

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Baggies1961 said:

Whilst preparing to tack and wire up the last track piece Im beginning to think I should put a sheet of ply to plug the gap! Its a long way down to the carpet.

image.jpg

it is a long way down, and seeing as my 60 has this habit of occasionally shooting off in one direction or another at full speed, I always ensure whatever road it’s parked on isn’t unprotected 

• Like 1

Since chatting with Jinty about how he weathers, I have been sloshing enamel black wash over my wagons, letting then dry and removing most of the residue with white spirit.  I like the effect, more subtle than powders IMO.  Figures should benefit from the same treatment.

John

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1