Class 37, by Accurascale

3 hours ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Looks a doddle to change the wheel sets on the new thing,theres a few videos here one after another,you win hands down it seems.

An interesting set of videos - thanks for sharing! I'm looking forward to seeing how Tony gets on! Using ultrascale wheels are always a bit of a pain in my experience to fit and align pickups.

Accurascale drop in wheelsets for EM will be a big plus for me so I'm looking forward to seeing a photo of them and their profile/spec. They might even be useful elsewhere ;)

• RMweb Gold
55 minutes ago, dj_crisp said:

Accurascale drop in wheelsets for EM will be a big plus for me so I'm looking forward to seeing a photo of them and their profile/spec. They might even be useful elsewhere ;)

Oh yes indeed!

We'll have them on preorder shortly, with arrival concurrent with the first batch of locos in about 10 weeks or so, as well as videos and instructions on the (roughly 3 minutes work per bogie) installation.

Image from iOS (1).jpg

Image from iOS.jpg

• Like 8

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, Bishdurham said:

Shopify have just sent a message to say 37 001 is partially shipped.  Does this mean it is time to pay the balance?

Nearly, we'll send you direct comms closer to the time, but it should be here in about 10-12 weeks or so.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, McC said:

Nearly, we'll send you direct comms closer to the time, but it should be here in about 10-12 weeks or so.

Thanks!  Know anybody in the market for a kidney?  Last time my wife put me on the streets she ended up making refunds.

• Funny 6

• RMweb Gold
13 hours ago, thetrains said:

eh, I thought this was due Feb 2023, wife will go ape poo.  Have I misread your updates.

https://www.accurascale.com/blogs/news/class-37-update-and-new-announcement-june-2023

Blue/Greens Feb2023

See, this is what happens when Fran goes on holiday :) 

37001 is indeed in Batch 3, so will leave the factory just before year end. Then batch 4... oh dear I've said too much again! 

• Like 1
  • Funny 15

I’d love for accurascale to announce some 37/4 s as they were in the day ( large logo, mainline and for me, transrail ),as a way of forestalling the competition a tad ( Gloves off after 043 )

I think the reason Bachmann have banged out three 37/4s with Scottish/ welsh pedigree , is that from past experience they know they sell 

• Like 4
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold

Theres still a couple of 37402s left, considering its exclusive, where as 37409s in the shops i’m surprised. Ive noticed some retailers are starting to show some sell outs.

interestingly Kernow isnt showing any Accurascale 37’s right now.

Edited by adb968008
  • Informative/Useful 1

I hope that Accurascale announce some 37s of the centre head code box variety soon(ish). Neither manufacturer as of writing has announced models in BR Green of the centre head code box type.

What will probably happen is I’ll renumber a WR 37 to D6916, as that’s preserved at the Pontypool and Blaenavon.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Apologies if it’s already been mentioned somewhere on this thread, but I’m taking it that the HTG 37714 limited edition will be landing around Christmas, looking on the website, which says after the first run of 37/0s. 

4 minutes ago, 97406 said:

HTG 37714 limited edition will be landing around Christmas

If I were to hazard a guess I’d say it would arrive between March and May next year. 
But I’m sure the team at Accurascale probably have a better idea.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, 97406 said:

Apologies if it’s already been mentioned somewhere on this thread, but I’m taking it that the HTG 37714 limited edition will be landing around Christmas, looking on the website, which says after the first run of 37/0s. 

5 hours ago, BVMR21 said:

If I were to hazard a guess I’d say it would arrive between March and May next year. 
But I’m sure the team at Accurascale probably have a better idea.

37714 is in the first batch of run 2, which will go into assembly immediately post Chinese New Year next, so we'd hope to have them in stock (and the rest of that batch, not yet announced) around May next year. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Round of applause 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, McC said:

37714 is in the first batch of run 2, which will go into assembly immediately post Chinese New Year next, so we'd hope to have them in stock (and the rest of that batch, not yet announced) around May next year. 

So when do we see a mucky models range weathered tractor special by @James Makin like the 92,he seemed to enjoy the challenge,you know you want too.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, McC said:

Super, thanks. The budget is planned!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, WCML100 said:

Do we know if / when there will be a second run of liveries for the accurascale 37’s? Would love to see DB, EWS, Colas etc all produced…

Reading between the hints I think we can expect the 2nd run in May 2023. I guess livery announcements sometime before then.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, WCML100 said:

Do we know if / when there will be a second run of liveries for the accurascale 37’s? Would love to see DB, EWS, Colas etc all produced…

A couple of EWS 37/4s would certainly be a hit!

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
On 06/08/2022 at 06:51, BVMR21 said:

I hope that Accurascale announce some 37s of the centre head code box variety soon(ish). Neither manufacturer as of writing has announced models in BR Green of the centre head code box type.

What will probably happen is I’ll renumber a WR 37 to D6916, as that’s preserved at the Pontypool and Blaenavon.

Which all started with D6819….the first of the centre box headcode released in May/June 1963.After that,they just kept coming ….

44 minutes ago, Ian Hargrave said:

How about a St.Blazey edition for the future.Perhaps complementing the lovely China Clay wagons ? 

I hope for 413 because it had a Scottish nameplate with a St Blazey depot plaque, and 672 because it had a St Blazey depot plaque in Railfreight Red Stripe livery

37672-37671 6S55 Burngullow-Irvine clay slurry, Dawlish 31.07.1991

• Like 5

On 06/08/2022 at 12:38, McC said:

Meow!  That may just put the cat among the pigeons........looks like the gloves are off!

• RMweb Gold
18 minutes ago, Torbay Express said:

Meow!  That may just put the cat among the pigeons........looks like the gloves are off!

Our Tooling suite includes a vast array of 37’s variants, including quite a few never modeled so there will be at least 4 batches in the coming year. Some very exciting stuff :) 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, McC said:

Our Tooling suite includes a vast array of 37’s variants, including quite a few never modeled so there will be at least 4 batches in the coming year. Some very exciting stuff :) 

(To paraphrase Obi-Wan Kenobi)

"I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if thousands of wallets suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear Accurascale has made another announcment."

• Like 1
  • Funny 9