Class 37, by Accurascale

• RMweb Gold
17 minutes ago, sulzer71 said:

@Accurascale Fran

I noticed Rails of Sheffield are still showing certain loco's as available for pre-order , would I still be guaranteed to get one if I placed an order?

Dave 

I'm afraid only Rails can answer that question!

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
On 23/01/2023 at 11:31, Covkid said:

Nice !!!

The big advantage for us who like these.  Headcode blinds and dominoes on the black vinyl can easily go into the same models.  So Accurascale can churn out GSYP GFYE and BFYE locos with the buffer beam skirts to their hearts content !!!

Large logo, too. No apologies for posting this one again (phwoar!) from Flikr.

37183 Swindon Works

• Like 5

Not sure if this question has been asked before, having heard the body removal for the Deltic is a pretty careful and fragile process, does anyone know if the body removal for the 37 is similiar or more straightforward ? 

Edited by RBC

• RMweb Premium
20 minutes ago, RBC said:

Not sure if this question has been asked before, having heard the body removal for the Deltic is a pretty careful and fragile process, has anyone heard if the body removal for the 37 is similiar or more straightforward ? 

Much more straightforward as the chains are attached to chassis rather than the body I believe. Important to also note that they are moving away from the attachment type on the deltic in the 2nd run (friction fit rather than glue)

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
26 minutes ago, RBC said:

Not sure if this question has been asked before, having heard the body removal for the Deltic is a pretty careful and fragile process, does anyone know if the body removal for the 37 is similiar or more straightforward ? 

And to be fair the Deltic isn’t particularly fragile, it’s just the chains are a faff but once removed (if they haven’t removed themselves already) the body is secured by lugs that are easily unhooked so the body then just slides off

• Agree 4

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, sulzer71 said:

I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place at the moment deciding where my money will go

It's easy really, our next batch will be announced shortly, and will be £169.99 DCC ready. 

• Like 9
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Now here's a. chance for Accurascale.  Bachmann have announced a Vulcan Foundry built WR EE Type 3 - which leaves A/S with a clear field to do an RSH built WR loco in as delivered condition.  And that would give us a choice or the very easy option to buy both in order to capture the subtle difference between the two.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, sulzer71 said:

This I know but no use if nothing fits my modelling area/era

Hi Sulzer71,

Our next batch covers something long awaited in Class 37 land and also models for a variety of eras, including current day. It will be worth the wait, honestly :)

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

I would have thought they would want the first batch sorted before creating more froth here.

Indeed, the plan is to launch the next batch when the first batch are confirmed en route.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 4

52 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Sulzer71,

Our next batch covers something long awaited in Class 37 land and also models for a variety of eras, including current day. It will be worth the wait, honestly :)

Cheers!

Fran 

MMMMMM tease !!!

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

53 minutes ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

I would have thought they would want the first batch sorted before creating more froth here.

That is the common sense approach but.................. we don't always want common sense in our escapist model world !!! 

46 minutes ago, McC said:

Indeed, the plan is to launch the next batch when the first batch are confirmed en route.

I rather guessed that, but just opening the order book would allow customers to place deposits and commitment with you.  I have been hanging on for the GSYP centre headcode  "sixty niners" waiting for the Accurascale order books to open.  Now Bachmann have propped the temptation door wide open with their announcment today - even though their D6829 probably won't have the western lamp brackets etc and is not really a "pukka" "Cardiff coal hauler".

Still exercising patience !!!! 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Covkid said:

I rather guessed that, but just opening the order book would allow customers to place deposits and commitment with you.  I have been hanging on for the GSYP centre headcode  "sixty niners" waiting for the Accurascale order books to open.  Now Bachmann have propped the temptation door wide open with their announcment today - even though their D6829 probably won't have the western lamp brackets etc and is not really a "pukka" "Cardiff coal hauler".

Still exercising patience !!!! 

Why not opt for both? Accurascale aren't going to copy the exact example that Bachmann is offering and you'd normally see multiple of a class if you are in an area that they are common. 

Bachmann's will appear shortly because that's how they operate now. Whilst based on the new batch of Deltics there will be time to either pay in installments for the Accurascale version or wait until they appear around next year.

Sorely tempted by the Dutch Bachmann's 37 but I've spent too much just recently so can't really afford it appearing right now. Accurascale's pay in installments option makes it far easier to justify in my eyes as it spreads the cost out nicely and makes budgeting easier. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Sulzer71,

Cheers!

Fran 

HNRC or 901 ..or both! Maybe 218! Oh you tease Fran!

Edited by norfolkchinaclay
  • Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
51 minutes ago, LNERandBR said:

there will be time to either pay in installments for the Accurascale version or wait until they appear around next year.

Or maybe a little sooner,...

• Like 4