Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×

Class 37, by Accurascale

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, thetrains said:

I would have liked a shinier paintwork, somewhere between matt and satin like Bachmann, will be interesting to see what my BR Blue look like when it arrives June 'ish.

The main lesson is you can't please everyone, I will be matt varnishing mine (like all my stock) to give it a dead-flat look, I don't like satin finish locos at all, even when modelling an ex-works one, I don't think it scales that well in 4mm! 100% of the fun in RTR these days is customising it to make it your own and Accurascale are giving us a superb base on which to start that journey 😎

Cheers

James

• Like 6
  • Agree 13

1 hour ago, Nick-L said:

Nothing to say that hasn’t already been said and since nothing has changed with what’s been delivered vs what was on display the other month there’s nowt to discuss. Plus most people don’t care so….🤷🏼‍♂️

It's probably not the only reason, however perhaps people are buying dependent on which manufacturer is producing the livery most suited to their layout/era of operation?

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

13 minutes ago, James Makin said:

The main lesson is you can't please everyone, I will be matt varnishing mine (like all my stock) to give it a dead-flat look, I don't like satin finish locos at all, even when modelling an ex-works one, I don't think it scales that well in 4mm! 100% of the fun in RTR these days is customising it to make it your own and Accurascale are giving us a superb base on which to start that journey 😎

Cheers

James

I am looking forward to seeing what you get up to with them. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

5 hours ago, Torbay Express said:

I think that there are a few manufacturers out there that count on your fortuitous situation......and it permits complacency where they can ramp up prices and charge pretty much what they want, for whatever they want. As they say 'A fool and their money is soon parted' 

Well yes, I tend to agree, but fortunately for me Accurascale are not one of them.

My A/s interests are in transition era modelling so I have a manor, a class 31 and three Welsh 37s on order and have a number of appropriate BR wagons. 

From what I can make out A/s charge £169.99 for any loco irrespective of what it is, which rises to £259.99 for full fat sound.  The mouldings are beautifully crisp, details excellent and gizmos aplenty.  IMHO the A/s price point is very competitive.  Where else would you get a DCC ready class 31 for £169.99 ?

So yes "Torbay Express" I am very much hearing you. 

Fran and Co - just keep announcing. 

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold

3 yrs we've been waiting for these and with all these "got mine" and pretty picture posts the next few weeks waiting for the Scottish examples are going to be the longest yet😀

• Agree 3
  • Friendly/supportive 3

1 hour ago, cairnsroadworks said:

I am looking forward to seeing what you get up to with them. 

I reckon you'll be waiting a bit .

James has another 100 cheap Bachmann ones he brought " off a mate at the club " to go yet ;)

• Funny 4

My 419 and 425 turned up today. Haven't had chance to run them but first impressions are very good. They are everything I hoped they would be at present. Strangely, I am more pleased with 419 than I am with 425. I think it's because 425 was the one I was most looking forward to of the pair that the mainline livery caught me by surprise with how good it looks on the model.

One one of the AS vs Bachmann arguments, the jury is still out for me on whether the split on the nose or the windscreen is the right way to go, especially on 425 where the OHLE warnings are split by the joint. I don't think there is a universally correct answer to be honest.

• Friendly/supportive 1

Damn you DHL. Damn you 😖

They should not let you even select 'deliver to a neighbour' if instructions from shipper do not allow.

60 mile round trip (despite nearest DHL Express being much closer) or another 72 hours at least. Multiple handling never ends well !

• Friendly/supportive 3

On the overhead warning flash supplied it states that you must check the position of the sliding switches on the PCB depending on how you will be operating your loco.

Can I assume that factory fitted sound locos have the switches set ready for an ESU sound decoder?

• RMweb Premium
35 minutes ago, rob D2 said:

I reckon you'll be waiting a bit .

James has another 100 cheap Bachmann ones he brought " off a mate at the club " to go yet ;)

That's too close to the truth! 😄 I actually had 8 cheapo old Bachmann 37s lined up as part of my current loco reworking batch, but seeing all the painted up samples come to life here in recent months I've decided to park them all and wait for the Accurascale ones to land instead, I'm hooked on how they've captured the 'heavy' look as it sits low on the bogies and oh so ultra meaty! 

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, 89A said:

On the overhead warning flash supplied it states that you must check the position of the sliding switches on the PCB depending on how you will be operating your loco.

Can I assume that factory fitted sound locos have the switches set ready for an ESU sound decoder?

The DCC ready one came with the switches set up for an ESU sound version, so I'd guess they all do.

Dead easy to pop the roof section off to have a look, I used a cocktail stick in the exhaust port as a lever ( not as painful as it sounds !! 😅 ).

Make sure you get the roof section refitted the right way around, it will go on the opposite way, but it looks all shades of wrong !! 😆

Cheers,

Phil.

Edited by Phil Mc
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, cairnsroadworks said:

My 3 have arrived and they look fabulous. I’m happy enough with the windows and the glazing is exceptional. Now where are the weathering paints?

I’m looking forward to getting my split box ones! 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
14 minutes ago, cairnsroadworks said:

Exciting stuff. I know there was much debate on the other thread about glazing. The AS glazing looks like laserglaze. It’s fabulous. 

It looks really good on some of the original grommeted screened proto samples as well. Laserglaze sorted my 430 out and I have 043 on order to compliment it after a similar amount of tweaking. It will look like there’s a shortage of number transfers, though!! 😃

Edited by 97406

6 hours ago, thetrains said:

I would have liked a shinier paintwork, somewhere between matt and satin like Bachmann, will be interesting to see what my BR Blue look like when it arrives June 'ish.

I’ve read this comment several times now and still can’t figure out how you would like it shinier if it’s ‘somewhere between matt and satin. That would be less shinier, more mattererer.

• Agree 3