Class 37, by Accurascale

12 hours ago, adb968008 said:

Hmm, i’m ready to have a go at the number, but I made an error…

originally I ordered two, with a 37012 renumber in mind. But ive since failed to locate an image of 37012 with white stripe, and a car headlight.

This leaving me with 081 (ive got it in L/L already ), and 043 which has just been made in l/l.

014 (Line too narrow, light was centreline of the doors)

017 (Headlight in the “far north” centre top position)

039 (still had bufferbeam skirt)

111 (cant find a headlight pic).

Failing that I may do the unthinkable… upgrade my Lima 37012 to a new chassis :-) I am quite sentimental around that old Lima one.

37081 looks a candidate, have I missed any ?

Would another unnamed one work for this tooling ?

37037 looked a match other than no car headlight

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, jools1959 said:

I’ve finally paid off my Class 37/6’s, just wondering when they are due in the country?

Nobody knows when they will arrive. Just be patient. They will come. This is not the fault of any manufacturer big or small. IMO until those models are actually sailing on that ship from China I would take any said delivery date with a pinch of salt. 

Edited by wairoa
  • Agree 1

On 15/04/2023 at 21:42, cairnsroadworks said:

On a separate point related to Bruce’s earlier. I’ve got both side by side now and I’ve sung the praises of the Bachmann model. The windows in particular. But I am blown away by the Accurascale model, it’s absolutely fantastic. Now I’ve looked closely I think the Bachmann windows might be too flat - the AS ones have a definite curve. You the punter will decide but for me the AS is the better. 

IMG_0214.jpeg

Sorry to drag up old(ish) post. This difference is dramatic. Which one is correct? Any prototype pics from a similar angle?

I presume the AS model was based on a laser scsn

2 hours ago, 37081LochLong said:

My two extras are going to be 022 & 033. I decided that the chances of them altering the headlight such a small amount was unlikely and 033 with small number has always been a favorite so I can cope :) I did have two Bachmann models and transfers for these two locos but I've decided that the Accurascale model is superior 

As pointed out by @@sto243 022 and 033 had round buffers , gonna check my spares box and see if I have any from a 'B' model and see if they will fit

3 hours ago, sto243 said:

Unlike most of the Eastfield 37s, 022 and 033 retained round buffers even after they had the buffer beam cut away, so if you're renumbering the 027 model you may also want to change the buffers.

Oh I'm quite prepared for that :) much easier changing buffers on an Accurascale model rather than trying to add a headlight to a Bachmann model :)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, G-BOAF said:

Sorry to drag up old(ish) post. This difference is dramatic. Which one is correct? Any prototype pics from a similar angle?

I presume the AS model was based on a laser scsn

I've hopefully answered my own question, despite the weathering obscuring the cantrail stripe. Accurascale looks better in this subtle area than Bachmann 

Preston.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
53 minutes ago, G-BOAF said:

I've hopefully answered my own question, despite the weathering obscuring the cantrail stripe. Accurascale looks better in this subtle area than Bachmann 

Preston.

I've observed the Bachmann screens are a little flat and this is noticeable from certain angles.  Nevertheless the 2 models sit will alongside each other. The Bachmann ones here have had Laserglaze put in or they wouldn't compare quite so favourably.

image.png.f0bc3be8356548b31d66873d70cbc7bb.png

When I've been putting Shawplan screens on my other 37s and 40s, I've put folds in so they resemble 3 sides of a 50p piece when viewed from above, but with less of an angle.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, fortesejunction said:

I recently bought the Accurathrash Class 37 Loksound (Refurbished) DCC Decoder and fitted it into 37423 however I don't seem to get any wheel flange sound on F11 at all. Is there anything I can look at before sending it back? All other sounds seem to work as expected!

I don't think that non sound fitted locomotives have the Hall Sensors, so it won't scream (but if tread on it, you will!) 

• Funny 1

Received my 37051 model today & very pleasing it is too. I had to refix two items of loose glazing but as the body comes off very easily the task wasn’t daunting at all. The redesigned bogie chain fixing helped too as I’d accidentally dislodged one. The shape, the detailing & the finish are all up to Accurascale’s usual standard. I’m very impressed how easily the bufferbeam pipework slots into their respective apertures. No filing to remove excess plastic or thick paint was required. Looking forward to several more other versions when they arrive.

IMG_8789.jpeg

• Like 4

I have slight problem. When i ran it in without any of the detailing parts on, it ran fine, not a problem. But now after putting the detailing parts on 1 end and taking the pin (if thats what it is) that holds the NEM pocket in place, it derails in 1 spot only, and thats coming off a curve onto straight track, it doesnt do it on the other curve /straight section and ive done nothing to the track.  Any ideas?  

• RMweb Gold
18 minutes ago, Tiddles47 said:

I have slight problem. When i ran it in without any of the detailing parts on, it ran fine, not a problem. But now after putting the detailing parts on 1 end and taking the pin (if thats what it is) that holds the NEM pocket in place, it derails in 1 spot only, and thats coming off a curve onto straight track, it doesnt do it on the other curve /straight section and ive done nothing to the track.  Any ideas?  

Maybe drop support@ an email (ideally with close up photos of what you've removed) and we can best advise!

56 minutes ago, Torbay Express said:

I don't think that non sound fitted locomotives have the Hall Sensors, so it won't scream (but if tread on it, you will!) 

Somewhere earlier in the thread (I think) one of the AS team indicated that adding decoder and Bass speaker would bring it up to DCC fitted standard, which would imply the sensors are fitted. Maybe they can clarify

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, Torbay Express said:

Could Accurascale confirm this? I presumed that they had all the same gumbins just non chip or large speaker.

• RMweb Gold

Chester Model Centre have a few blue’uns left. I have gone for a non-sound one which I think will become 37058 with no stripe and plated doors - not fussed if the real one was single or double rivets on the roof. Rails was showing DCC ready in stock.

Edited by 97406
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, 97406 said:

Chester Model Centre have a few blue’uns left. I have gone for a non-sound one which I think will become 37058 with no stripe and plated doors - not fussed if the real one was single or double rivets on the roof. Rails was showing DCC ready in stock.

Will you be removing the headlight and filling the recess/smoothing the bits and pieces or just replacing the whole door with a piece of plasticard? 

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, sulzer71 said:

Will you be removing the headlight and filling the recess/smoothing the bits and pieces or just replacing the whole door with a piece of plasticard? 

Removing the door (and hopefully keeping them in one piece as spares).

The hole in the main body moulding is smaller than the door and it will allow for the smaller panel on the No.1 end. Pic here https://www.class37.co.uk/imagepage.aspx?strnumber=bs37058&cf=gall

I saw it looking nicely weathered at Carlisle Upperby open day in ‘86, and it will help me get a more representative number of plain blue 37s for my main modelling period. Going to try IPA and a cocktail stick method on the stripe first, then T-Cut if that doesn’t work.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, 97406 said:

Removing the door (and hopefully keeping them in one piece as spares).

The hole in the main body moulding is smaller than the door and it will allow for the smaller panel on the No.1 end. Pic here https://www.class37.co.uk/imagepage.aspx?strnumber=bs37058&cf=gall

I saw it looking nicely weathered at Carlisle Upperby open day in ‘86, and it will help me get a more representative number of plain blue 37s for my main modelling period. Going to try IPA and a cocktail stick method on the stripe first, then T-Cut if that doesn’t work.

Cool , please post your progress here , my second one has just landed and I need to decide on what to do with it

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
19 minutes ago, sulzer71 said:

Cool , please post your progress here , my second one has just landed and I need to decide on what to do with it

Will do. This and a couple more banger blue 37s are in the pipeline and then that’s a nice representative fleet.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, 97406 said:

Will do. This and a couple more banger blue 37s are in the pipeline and then that’s a nice representative fleet.

I'm currently looking for blue Scottish ones that match the details and would rather not be attempting repaints though I may have to resort to that yet