Class 37, by Accurascale

The legomanbiffo WH project I installed on 37 026 has the flange squeal working with the sensor. I altered it with a lot of other functions, to work on F11, bringing it into line with Accurascale's own sound projects.

I am sure the LokProgrammer updated the firmware automatically on 37 423 (with the Accurascale sound), but the flange squeal still didn't work as intended, so it is currently set to work on F11 only when F11 is selected (on straight or curved track).

• RMweb Gold
25 minutes ago, nightstar.train said:

Awesome, can’t wait to get my Europhoenix one (via Rails so I’ll be waiting a while yet.)

Fran are the green 37s, 37001 and the Locomotion D3600 in there as well, or are they still to arrive? I think this thread has got a little confused as to what’s arriving when, I certainly have 🤪

Hi Tom,

Indeed, seems to be some confusion. The Green 37s and 37001 are still a couple of weeks away. Comms breakdown on our end, apologies for that. They're done and on the way too, but will have clearer landing date info next week.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

Well, we've been hit for 6 this morning. 37/6 that is! 

MicrosoftTeams-image(202).png.0fbbd0e2efea8402ea91890e0c798e5f.png

Oh, and 97301 is in there too!

Usual caveats of breaking the pallets down, counting into stock, QC check etc but expect to see them heading out to customers and retailers later this week.

How many locos is that per pallet?? 🤔

18 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Tom,

Indeed, seems to be some confusion. The Green 37s and 37001 are still a couple of weeks away. Comms breakdown on our end, apologies for that. They're done and on the way too, but will have clearer landing date info next week.

Cheers!

Fran 

…well now I’m completely confused?

IMG_0140.jpeg

• Agree 2

55 minutes ago, Glencoe Model Railway said:

That’s great news Bill. Once it’s working, you’ll love the noise they make. I’m tempted to put more points on the layout just to run them through! 

Seriously though, it’s the best sound file for a 37 by far. 

Cheers

Absolutely Eddie, there's a lot to like about this 37' . It just has the look and is right at home on a Scottish layout. I need to crack on with Laggan Bridge. I'm currently bogged down converting the Pop up Designs Thurso station, by God it's a challenge I can tell you!!!

Bill.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
17 minutes ago, Super-Sloth said:

…well now I’m completely confused?

IMG_0140.jpeg

Hi Super Sloth,

Indeed, apologies for the confusion, I have amended the blog now. My colleague got mixed up between the 37/6 arrival and the 37/0 arrival. 

Amended text is "All Class 37/6 and 97301 locomotives arrive on Monday (28th August). Our final part of run one, featuring 37001, D6700, D6702, D6703 ad D6704 are also in transit and we will have a full delivery update mid next week (W/C Sept 4th)." to save you a click.

Apologies for the confusion!

Fran 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

• RMweb Premium
38 minutes ago, norfolkchinaclay said:

How many locos is that per pallet?? 🤔

My guess by rough eyeballing is that each box contains 16 locos, and each pallet 6 boxes. There’s 16 pallets, so 1536 locos in the picture. 

I could be way way out of course. 

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
12 minutes ago, nightstar.train said:

My guess by rough eyeballing is that each box contains 16 locos, and each pallet 6 boxes. There’s 16 pallets, so 1536 locos in the picture. 

I could be way way out of course. 

Thats only the first truck load :) 

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

The Glencoe 37/0 fleet having all been programmed. Next step is snowploughs then weathering. 

37022 has had stripe removed, round buffers fitted and head code boxes painted black. Renumbered using Nairnshire modelling supplies TOPS numbers. 

37027 is pretty much as purchased apart from white stripe removal

37111 has had the roof modified to the later style without the ribs. Renumbered using Railtec nameplates and numbers. 

37043 is box fresh. 

IMG_0075.jpeg

Edited by Glencoe Model Railway
Missing info
  • Like 9
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

Well I finally got to run "Shapfell" yesterday, with "Wednesford" all boxed up as I am mid house move I took it to the "Dolgellau" layout on what was the last public showing of the layout before it too is boxed up for storage having lost our home in the Ebenezer Chapel in the town.  It is an extremely impressive piece of kit, with real heft and a sound file which cannot be bettered.  Despite RfD 37s never having run through Dolgellau, coupled to a rake of NSE Mk1 stock simulating the old Euston to the Cambrian Coast services of the 1980s it really drew attention from the visitors who didn't seem to mind the fact it wasn't a tea urn, in fact they seemed to think the fact it sounded so good more of note.

Very very pleased with the model and once "New Wednesford" is built in the garage of the new place it'll be a regular star of the show with that sound project.  I expect the 50s and 31s I have on order will similarly be satisfying.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Just taking a look at everyone's favourite model railway critic's video review of Loch Lomond.

Question:

Sam mentions the difficulty in removing the bogie frames, and having to remove the chain.  Is that really necessary?  Can both sides' clips be freed and the frame rotated over to the chain side, keeping the chain in place?

Al.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

• RMweb Premium
20 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Super Sloth,

Indeed, apologies for the confusion, I have amended the blog now. My colleague got mixed up between the 37/6 arrival and the 37/0 arrival. 

Amended text is "All Class 37/6 and 97301 locomotives arrive on Monday (28th August). Our final part of run one, featuring 37001, D6700, D6702, D6703 ad D6704 are also in transit and we will have a full delivery update mid next week (W/C Sept 4th)." to save you a click.

Apologies for the confusion!

Fran 

I'm glad I asked!

37 026 arrived a day ago, from AJM. I fitted the Accurathrash speaker and legomanbiffo West Highland sound project on a LokSound 5 DCC decoder, fitted the one-piece triple snowploughs as I wanted to retain couplings at both ends, and then applied some yellow paint to the headlight mount (as per a post much earlier in this topic). I also painted the plastic stretchers between the ploughs black to disguise them. Also, I glued the etched parts to her. Shapfell is seen here posed with the Network SouthEast version of the SR General Manager's saloon from RevolutioN (later Caroline). My earlier purchase of 37 423 Spirit of the Lakes is also visible in the background.

20230830_182647.jpg.1810d87e678ae12b82c8e490274255ce.jpg

20230830_182637.jpg.96f34dfea5b72e3846605973d072f201.jpg

p.s. The yellow I used for the headlight brackets was simply Humbrol #69. It is a shade lighter, but on such a small area that isn't too obvious.

Edited by SRman
Additional info. And additional edit to clarify what I did.
  • Like 6

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, scottrains29 said:

When you get round to the EWS examples it would be good if you could do some that haven't been done by Bachmann or Vitrains. I think I have every EWS one done by them!

37408 Loch Rannoch, 37410 Aluminium100, 37416 Concrete Bob, 37421 and 37426 would be very nice!

Almost every single 37 we've announced and done so far wasnt done before, including entire variations like the entire /6 family just now in stock.

• Like 9

5 hours ago, cambo74 said:

A couple of Accurascale’s finest detailed, one renumbered and both giving a covering of grime … lovely models.

IMG_4747.jpeg

IMG_4749.jpeg

IMG_4752.jpeg

IMG_4753.jpeg

IMG_4750.jpeg

Nice ! I don’t think 027 has come up when there’s been discussions of which other members of the class can be modelled from

043. Mine awaits the queue while I ponder if it remains 043 or not . As I model 87-89 west highlands then it’s just a touch early for me .

2 hours ago, scottrains29 said:

When you get round to the EWS examples it would be good if you could do some that haven't been done by Bachmann or Vitrains. I think I have every EWS one done by them!

37408 Loch Rannoch, 37410 Aluminium100, 37416 Concrete Bob, 37421 and 37426 would be very nice!

Do some split box ones please , 37051/057/114/042. 
I know 057 was done by Lima and 114 by Bachmann , but they are so old they don’t really feature

• Agree 3

2 hours ago, rob D2 said:

Do some split box ones please , 37051/057/114/042. 
I know 057 was done by Lima and 114 by Bachmann , but they are so old they don’t really feature

Rob you have read my mind, when EWS does make the cut I'd be so happy if Viking was one of them.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, vanbasher said:

Rob you have read my mind, when EWS does make the cut I'd be so happy if Viking was one of them.

I dropped that idea too nearly four years ago 😆

On 20/11/2019 at 00:12, PaulRhB said:

Tasty and I can’t wait for the 0’s and 4’s in Scotty Dog eventually :) 

Oh and 057 in EWS one day pretty please :D

Let’s refresh their memories of the mighty beast 😂
IMG_2107.jpeg.561e14030ccf812d3cc22cfa1ba2d108.jpeg

2004-07-07 37057 Salisbury to Reading

Or we could call in Mrs Doyle . . . 

• Like 9
  • Round of applause 1

Has anyone had it where the engine sound cuts out from when the sound is turned on and the engine fires up. My class 37409 cuts out on sound as soon as engine sound is about to turn over and take power. I need to turn engine off by stopping power to track and restart it by moving first. After a while the engine then is fine. Any reason for this? Have others found similar problems?

8 minutes ago, The Black Hat said:

Has anyone had it where the engine sound cuts out from when the sound is turned on and the engine fires up. My class 37409 cuts out on sound as soon as engine sound is about to turn over and take power. I need to turn engine off by stopping power to track and restart it by moving first. After a while the engine then is fine. Any reason for this? Have others found similar problems?

Had it on a couple of mine. I reset the volume to 145 (comes at 192) and all was well after that. 

HTH 

Cheers