Class 37, by Accurascale

Hi i am present day  Cheshire/Manchester area North West WCML tho a made up place,

i also wanted to do BR large logo so guest 80s to early 90s? but my shelfs and layout room was getting to much for me so i decided to stick with present day and sold my BR,

i remember large logos 37s pulling 5 coaches mainly 37408 loch rannock  and HST in swallow and 87s

• Like 3

On 02/10/2023 at 19:11, Melton Works said:

A friend of mine is very appreciative of this post, as these 37's now sound a beast! 😊👍

Just done my 609 and totally agree! Others I have dont like max CV 192, but this is the first one I have done where it fires up straight away without cutting out.

• RMweb Gold

Well what can I say, well waiting for 37-258&609 to arrive next year. I’ve been reading through these page and wanted to join the party! Having sold some stuff I had some credit at a certain store. So I bought two models sound fitted 37 800 sound fitted wow it’s a super model and the sound is excellent to me anyway, yes yes its Bachmann don’t tell anyone they well never noticed. (800 was photographed at Leicester so had to have it) 
I also got for less I might add 37-607 not sound fitted (was just beaten to the last one). sitting here looking at both. Both are super models at 3 feet but 37 607 is just that little bit better on everything. 

Excellent work from Accurascale on delivering such a beautifully detailed model at a price more affordable to many people. 

ps 901 would be a nice, please. 

IMG_2313.jpeg

Edited by farren
  • Like 3

My first 37s arrived yesterday, and I’m exceptionally pleased with them, however one shots off like a rocket when I open the controller (gaugemaster prodigy) on speed step one! I assume it’s a CV issue, but I’ve no idea how to change them.

Has anyone else had this issue, and does anyone have any idea how to fix it ? The other loco is perfect in all regards. 

Cheers

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Goodnight Sweetheart said:

My first 37s arrived yesterday, and I’m exceptionally pleased with them, however one shots off like a rocket when I open the controller (gaugemaster prodigy) on speed step one! I assume it’s a CV issue, but I’ve no idea how to change them.

Has anyone else had this issue, and does anyone have any idea how to fix it ? The other loco is perfect in all regards. 

Cheers

Sound Fitted, or DCC Fitted

IMG_3386.jpeg.5c20e9da22ba59364fac6fdbaf640217.jpegI have 37026 and all of the lights have stopped working on DC.  

I have 6 Accurascale 37s and found that 3 of mine (37026, 37409 and 97301) had the dip switches set to the ‘For operation with a non ESU decoder’ at purchase.

I use Gaugemaster handheld feedback DC controllers.  When the lights on 37026 stopped, I set the dip switches to ‘For operation with the DCC blanking plate’ position.  The lights on 37409 and 97301 still work but not on 37026.

I attach a photo.

I have swapped the blanking plug but still the lights on 37026 don’t work.

As the loco is an eBay purchase, I can’t return it to Accurascale.

Does anyone have any thoughts?  

Regards,

Andrew

4 hours ago, mevaman1 said:

IMG_3386.jpeg.5c20e9da22ba59364fac6fdbaf640217.jpegI have 37026 and all of the lights have stopped working on DC.  

I have 6 Accurascale 37s and found that 3 of mine (37026, 37409 and 97301) had the dip switches set to the ‘For operation with a non ESU decoder’ at purchase.

I use Gaugemaster handheld feedback DC controllers.  When the lights on 37026 stopped, I set the dip switches to ‘For operation with the DCC blanking plate’ position.  The lights on 37409 and 97301 still work but not on 37026.

I attach a photo.

I have swapped the blanking plug but still the lights on 37026 don’t work.

As the loco is an eBay purchase, I can’t return it to Accurascale.

Regards,

Andrew

You could always ask the seller to assist in returning it to accurascale. If they refuse and If its less than 180 days put in a claim with ebay / paypal

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, mevaman1 said:

My first thought would be to test the LEDs to ensure they still work (I find my multimeter set on resistance check produces enough just enough power to light them up) 

Of course its quite unlikely that every LED has blown, so the issue is most likely somewhere in all of the extra circuitry that gets added these days.  When I've had similar issues with loco lights not working properly on DCC I tend to just get the wire cutters out and rip out all the OEM electronics and hard wire the lighting direct to the decoder.  No reason the same wouldnt work just as well for DC operation, yes you would loose all of the switchable features but the wiring between lights and switches is probably the cause.   

• Like 1

Sad to say I have had a failure on 37608 "Andromeda" running on DC . The same fault that occurred on 37423 "Spirit of the Lakes" back in April has happened again. The model has been running fine for two weeks on and off like last time,  again the train suddenly  slowed the lights went out and a burning electrical smell came up. Now the lights no longer work, but the train runs fine. This time I am returning the model to the retailer for a refund as I am beginning to lose faith in these models  

Edited by dave56
  • Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Looks like none of the micro switches are in the one position on the main board. 1-4 are off 5&6 are only half way. When I bought 607 lights worked fine on dc added the decoder after switching the micro over for none esu decoder. Lights now don’t work properly on DC but work fine when on the dcc layout. 

• RMweb Gold
11 minutes ago, dave56 said:

Sad to say I have had a failure on 37608 "Andromeda" running on DC . The same fault that occurred on 37423 "Spirit of the Lakes" back in April has happened again. The model has been running fine for two weeks like last time, when suddenly the train slowed the lights went out a burning electrical smell came up. Now the lights no longer work, but the train runs fine. This time I am returning the model to the retailer for a refund as I am beginning to lose faith in these models  

Sorry to hear that. We’d be very keen to hear details of your layout, what else was running, controller type etc in advance of the return Dave if at all possible. 

• Funny 1

6 minutes ago, McC said:

Sorry to hear that. We’d be very keen to hear details of your layout, what else was running, controller type etc in advance of the return Dave if at all possible. 

It's a Dc layout using a gauge master combi controller, it was  running  at about 55% for approx ten minutes with no other trains running at the time, I would ad that all micro switches were in the correct position for blanking plate. I'll hold on to the model for now.

Edited by dave56

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, dave56 said:

It's a Dc layout using a gauge master combi controller, it was  running  at about 55% for approx ten minutes with no other trains running at the time, I would ad that all micro switches were in the correct position for blanking plate. I'll hold on to the model for now.

If you could DM me or drop a line to support@accurascale.con we’ll do all we can to get you sorted. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

Sorry to jump on Mevaman1 bandwagon, I don’t have any problems with 37607 other than Gauge master advanced controller only have 12 function keys! 

It’s just occurred to me, if I set the main board micro switches to dc and with a dcc decoder fitted . Will I get the standard light function with front and back lights on in the direction of running. With out damaging anything? 

30 minutes ago, farren said:

Looks like none of the micro switches are in the one position on the main board. 1-4 are off 5&6 are only half way. When I bought 607 lights worked fine on dc added the decoder after switching the micro over for none esu decoder. Lights now don’t work properly on DC but work fine when on the dcc layout. 

Hi farren

Switches 1-4 are off and 5&6 are fully on.  The photo has shadows which make it look like switches 5&6 are half on.

I am now a tad worried about running my locos on my DC layout and our Club layouts.  

I love the models and they are, in my opinion, the best 37 by far.  I would love to find out if there is a problem with the lighting and Gaugemaster DC controllers.

• Friendly/supportive 1

48 minutes ago, dave56 said:

Sad to say I have had a failure on 37608 "Andromeda" running on DC . The same fault that occurred on 37423 "Spirit of the Lakes" back in April has happened again. The model has been running fine for two weeks on and off like last time,  again the train suddenly  slowed the lights went out and a burning electrical smell came up. Now the lights no longer work, but the train runs fine. This time I am returning the model to the retailer for a refund as I am beginning to lose faith in these models  

Sorry to hear you've had the same experience - Peter at Torridon Road has had the same thing - again, seems to be a motor failure and not a controller issue - he does a follow up video where he manages to ressurect the errant motor by cleaning out material bridging the gaps:

• Informative/Useful 3

49 minutes ago, adamvb said:

Sorry to hear you've had the same experience - Peter at Torridon Road has had the same thing - again, seems to be a motor failure and not a controller issue - he does a follow up video where he manages to ressurect the errant motor by cleaning out material bridging the gaps:

The motor is running fine it's the light's that are kaput.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, mevaman1 said:

Hi farren

Switches 1-4 are off and 5&6 are fully on.  The photo has shadows which make it look like switches 5&6 are half on.

I am now a tad worried about running my locos on my DC layout and our Club layouts.  

I love the models and they are, in my opinion, the best 37 by far.  I would love to find out if there is a problem with the lighting and Gaugemaster DC controllers.

Well I’m sorry for your problems, I’m sure, well hope there’s no problem with the gauge master controller. I have run main on a test track with a very old rocket controller with no problems. Fingers crossed yours is sorted out soon. 

personally I think I’m going to have to get some new batteries and dig out my old Bachmann controller to make use of the lights. 

yes the Accurascale model is lovely, still finding little things on it that just give it the fizz compared to the Bachmann one. 

Edited by farren
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold
12 minutes ago, meatloaf said:

How far off are the green ones? :)

Monday at the moment. Full Update once they clear customs and are checked in. Thanks to everyone for their patience!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1