Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×

Class 37, by Accurascale

1 hour ago, Awes0mesauce said:

image.jpg.cb24191e1c3a5b9b2079b16b16513ee8.jpgMy Personal Banana 37 has arrived. Was a small black part loose in the box. Trying to work out where it has come from but looks great - thanks Team Accurascale!

Heres to hoping the club ones ship today!

Have you got a photo of the loose part? 
Cheers. 
Bill. 

• RMweb Premium
30 minutes ago, billywhizz said:

Have you got a photo of the loose part? 
Cheers. 
Bill. 

I will have shortly. 

actually testing it at the moment, as this is my first Class 37 (97) with the Cold start from Accurascale - and I am having the sound cut out on cold start and the decoder reset or go into some sort of reset.

i expect I will have to reduce the volume on this one.

this is the first one that I have that has done it and only when cold start is initiated.

resolved by dropping CV63 to 180 from 192.

Edited by Awes0mesauce

2 hours ago, Awes0mesauce said:

image.jpg.cb24191e1c3a5b9b2079b16b16513ee8.jpgMy Personal Banana 37 has arrived. Was a small black part loose in the box. Trying to work out where it has come from but looks great - thanks Team Accurascale!

Heres to hoping the club ones ship today!

Lucky you, I was driving when the back in stock email arrived, I went online seven minutes later to find they’d all sold out. Presumably they’re the ones newly available on a certain online auction site at eye watering  buy it now prices 😟. Enjoy your good fortune, regards Rob

• Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
17 minutes ago, taliesin said:

Lucky you, I was driving when the back in stock email arrived, I went online seven minutes later to find they’d all sold out. Presumably they’re the ones newly available on a certain online auction site at eye watering  buy it now prices 😟. Enjoy your good fortune, regards Rob

Currently 11 for sale on that auction site (as eye watering prices). Pity buyers can't be contractually bound to keep and enjoy running them. I will wait for the next 97 offereing from ACC, rather than succumb to this profiteering.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, Awes0mesauce said:

I will have shortly. 

actually testing it at the moment, as this is my first Class 37 (97) with the Cold start from Accurascale - and I am having the sound cut out on cold start and the decoder reset or go into some sort of reset.

i expect I will have to reduce the volume on this one.

this is the first one that I have that has done it and only when cold start is initiated.

resolved by dropping CV63 to 180 from 192.

The speaker configuration can overload the decoder. The decoder is rated for a 4ohm speaker. The model comes with 8&4 in parallel, which gives 2.67ohms & therefore draws more current than what the decoder is designed to supply.

After doing some maths, 180 may still be too loud. 156 would provide the same current (& therefore volume) of a 2ohm speaker at volume 192. It shouldn't be quiet though. You are only compensating for having too low an impedance in the first place.

I turned my volume down before I turned the sound on & I never had a problem with it.

The project could always have been written with low volumes to compensate for this in the first place, but I believe this is unlikely.

• Informative/Useful 1

29 minutes ago, zr2498 said:

Currently 11 for sale on that auction site (as eye watering prices). Pity buyers can't be contractually bound to keep and enjoy running them. I will wait for the next 97 offereing from ACC, rather than succumb to this profiteering.

might need to be one per household?

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

15 minutes ago, Southernman46 said:

At risk of collective abuse regarding lack of attention 🤞  - is 37001 due soon ? ............... I may have missed it amongst the 37/6 banter (reaches for tin hat) 😉

something about them  arriving or clearing customs 2 days ago (Monday)

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, zr2498 said:

One of them, asking a cool £599.99 plus postage on top appears to be a model shop with retail premises, how ethical of them.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, The Meerkat said:

might need to be one per household?

This came up previously with the TPE Nova sets.

There are drawbacks to doing that for every gain. If you order for elderly club members, family, friends etc.

a club membership was then suggested.

The guys at accurascales answer was fair:

“The product was avaliable to pre-order for months. If people chose not to do it then, then so be it.”

Which i entirely get.

and the view of one of the sellers I spoke to about the pricing on eBay was “I have been refreshing the page for hours and waiting - my time spent securing it, is the additional cost”

whether there is any merit in that, who knows.

i appreciate I was lucky on this occasion as I happened to be on the site when the stock dropped. However, i have missed other drops and agree its frustrating - but thats also my own fault for not pre-ordering.

i have always tried to be fair with my orders. When I have done orders for various people in my local club I have done it one at a time - on the basis that if its still in stock when i have finished, then its fair.

this time however, i did it as an order of 3 for the Club (different sound fitted 37s - DRS, ROG and 97) . 10 minutes later there was still a 97 so I was like “ah i’ll treat myself” 

so I did that. The irony is the priority order still hasn’t shipped, whilst my personal one did 😂😂.

the £549.99 one on eBay is obscene money though. Chancer or what!

Edited by Awes0mesauce
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Awes0mesauce said:

This came up previously with the TPE Nova sets.

There are drawbacks to doing that for every gain. If you order for elderly club members, family, friends etc.

a club membership was then suggested.

The guys at accurascales answer was fair:

“The product was avaliable to pre-order for months. If people chose not to do it then, then so be it.”

Which i entirely get.

and the view of one of the sellers I spoke to about the pricing on eBay was “I have been refreshing the page for hours and waiting - my time spent securing it, is the additional cost”

whether there is any merit in that, who knows.

i appreciate I was lucky on this occasion as I happened to be on the site when the stock dropped. However, i have missed other drops and agree its frustrating - but thats also my own fault for not pre-ordering.

i have always tried to be fair with my orders. When I have done orders for various people in my local club I have done it one at a time - on the basis that if its still in stock when i have finished, then its fair.

this time however, i did it as an order of 3 for the Club (different sound fitted 37s - DRS, ROG and 97) . 10 minutes later there was still a 97 so I was like “ah i’ll treat myself” 

so I did that. The irony is the priority order still hasn’t shipped, whilst my personal one did 😂😂.

the £549.99 one on eBay is obscene money though. Chancer or what!

i watched one last week i already got the 97 i pre ordered back in 2019, it started at £300 sold for £500,

yeah i get the elderly and clubs etc, 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, taliesin said:

One of them, asking a cool £599.99 plus postage on top appears to be a model shop with retail premises, how ethical of them.

I've seen that listing and nothing makes them look like a model shop.

People can do what they want with their purchases, nobody is forcing anyone to buy.

• RMweb Premium
5 minutes ago, The Meerkat said:

i watched one last week i already got the 97 i pre ordered back in 2019, it started at £300 sold for £500,

yeah i get the elderly and clubs etc, 

Thats why they are asking over £500 as one has sold for that,its better than bank interest,no ones making them buy.

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

20 minutes ago, NBL said:

I've seen that listing and nothing makes them look like a model shop.

People can do what they want with their purchases, nobody is forcing anyone to buy.

Yes having looked again I agree it’s not a shop, I think I must’ve clicked on a sponsored advert whilst looking at the page. 

• Friendly/supportive 1

I will add briefly to the discussion regarding restricting allocation. I too have been caught out by not pre-ordering and also waiting for days on the computer to try to secure said locomotives. I totally agree that the pre-order process is the fairest way. You have the option to order or not !. Regarding speculators and those that buy to sell on, that is their right to do so and could be negated by folks pre-ordering. I have just secured a second ROG simply so that i can have a loco on display and one running full duty on the layout. I personally have never flipped locomotives nor do i ever wish to do so but each to their own.

As has been said, we all have the option to purchase or not................whichever option we take is entirely our own responsibility.

• Like 3
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Pete the Elaner said:

The speaker configuration can overload the decoder. The decoder is rated for a 4ohm speaker. The model comes with 8&4 in parallel, which gives 2.67ohms & therefore draws more current than what the decoder is designed to supply.

After doing some maths, 180 may still be too loud. 156 would provide the same current (& therefore volume) of a 2ohm speaker at volume 192. It shouldn't be quiet though. You are only compensating for having too low an impedance in the first place.

I turned my volume down before I turned the sound on & I never had a problem with it.

The project could always have been written with low volumes to compensate for this in the first place, but I believe this is unlikely.

Roadandrails said sound was already set low on the decoder. He done an in-depth video on it. Think it was 70% as default.

https://youtu.be/9GL3lgRb6jw?si=inQ2q55vQXeO4-q7

Edited by Awes0mesauce
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, The Meerkat said:

something about them  arriving or clearing customs 2 days ago (Monday)

I have a Locomotion models  D6700  on order. It’s in a race against my Titfield Thunderbolt as to which will arrive first! It’s going to be a very expensive month, especially with Bachmann dropping the current condition Blanche with cab tender as well. 

• Friendly/supportive 1

13 minutes ago, Krieghoff said:

I will add briefly to the discussion regarding restricting allocation. I too have been caught out by not pre-ordering and also waiting for days on the computer to try to secure said locomotives. I totally agree that the pre-order process is the fairest way. You have the option to order or not !. Regarding speculators and those that buy to sell on, that is their right to do so and could be negated by folks pre-ordering. I have just secured a second ROG simply so that i can have a loco on display and one running full duty on the layout. I personally have never flipped locomotives nor do i ever wish to do so but each to their own.

As has been said, we all have the option to purchase or not................whichever option we take is entirely our own responsibility.

same here with orange HN 37 should've pre ordered was humming and arrging lol

We live in a free market economy , don’t expect to get allocated a model by the state bureau of hobbies .

If you are too slow you miss out or pay more on eBay. That’s the way it’s always been and probably always will 

• Like 5
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, Krieghoff said:

Have to agree about the pre-ordering being the safest route. However, it is all Accurascale's fault! They keep producing so many brilliant products!

I try to stick with my originally designated era and region for the layout, but eventually (and usually too late), the boundary wall is broken, and I am then on  a 'catch up game' with the locos and rolling stock.

So my era 5 layout will now have time travelled DRS 37s with lots of nuclear waste stock, and a Caledonian 92 with silver bullets

Learnt my lesson, so 66s and a Network Rail 31 on pre-order (rolling stock for those already purchased).

So is that the limit of the overspill of those boundaries? Probably not, as I am sure Accurascale will come up with more irresistable offerings.

Then again, does it really matter if I enjoy running those formations.

Edited by zr2498
Correction
  • Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1