Class 37, by Accurascale

10 hours ago, truffy said:

Ahhh, all a bit too modern for me. So I'd assumed that RR meant Road Runner.

Regional Railways makes a lot more sense, albeit less exciting. The lack of Wile E. Coyote on the side is a distinct disappointment.

That's me booking myself in for a trip to Barnard Castle. Apologies for missing the first post about it. I'm a bit dead at the moment due to the early shifts I'm on :crazy:

• RMweb Premium
25 minutes ago, JackB95 said:

That's me booking myself in for a trip to Barnard Castle. Apologies for missing the first post about it. I'm a bit dead at the moment due to the early shifts I'm on :crazy:

It’s all good sir! It wasn’t meant to be an arsey reply! ☺️

• RMweb Gold

Given that the JSA’s have been delayed by musical containers, I wondered if you have been given a revised eta for the Class 37 decorated samples?  Are they being shipped by container or are you beating the queue and flown in?

• RMweb Gold
36 minutes ago, jools1959 said:

Given that the JSA’s have been delayed by musical containers, I wondered if you have been given a revised eta for the Class 37 decorated samples?  Are they being shipped by container or are you beating the queue and flown in?

Hi Jools,

EP1 samples are still being assessed and tested. Decorated samples will follow post Chinese New Year.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, adb968008 said:

The real 37425 looks really good, but it would be nice if they nudged its cab side numbers up a little.

Yep, there are few little differences in its livery from when it carried that before.  For example, the lower grey extended up to the grill on the nose in '96, but now just below is blue and  37425 on the nose instead of just 425. Then of course there are the changes to the overhead warning signs.

Still looks a cracking machine though :yes:

Roy

Edited by Roy Langridge

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Jools,

EP1 samples are still being assessed and tested. Decorated samples will follow post Chinese New Year.

Cheers!

Fran

Hi Fran,

That’s really good news and I’m sure I’m not the only one who’s just itching to see the decorated samples, because unless their hideously wrong, the production will follow not long after.

11 hours ago, Roy Langridge said:

Yep, there are few little differences in its livery from when it carried that before.  For example, the lower grey extended up to the grill on the nose in '86, but now just below is blue and  37425 on the nose instead of just 425. Then of course there are the changes to the overhead warning signs.

Still looks a cracking machine though :yes:

Roy

Was Regional Railways applied as early as ‘86? I always thought about 5yrs later but I’m not saying I’m right. The 4’s in Scotland were mostly (all?) still LL in 86

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, Matt said:

Was Regional Railways applied as early as ‘86? I always thought about 5yrs later but I’m not saying I’m right. The 4’s in Scotland were mostly (all?) still LL in 86

Oops, that is a typo, should be 96. Fixed my post. 

Roy

• RMweb Gold

I thought it started with 31410 “Granada Telethon” and 31439 (Not Yet Named) when they were repainted Regional Railways livery for Granada Telethons North West Charity train in June 1992 ?

I remember seeing it on TV after college, then dropping everything to cycle to Bolton to watch it as I heard last minute it was coming through around 7 pm.

37414 followed in 1993, but as a Cardiff machine it didn't darken Manchesters door until March 93.

The daddy, I suppose is 47475 with its Trans Peninne livery from the mid-1980’s.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, adb968008 said:

I thought it started with 31410 “Granada Telethon” and 31439 (Not Yet Named) when they were repainted Regional Railways livery for Granada Telethons North West Charity train in June 1992 ?

79E4DC8D-E6EF-4EA2-A820-840CB6FCA1F3.jpeg.5fb00a027f23dcc42b80aefe52caeca1.jpeg

I remember seeing it on TV after college, then dropping everything to cycle to Bolton to watch it as I heard last minute it was coming through around 7 pm.

37414 followed in 1993, but as a Cardiff machine it didn't darken Manchesters door until March 93.

The daddy, I suppose is 47475 with its Trans Peninne livery from the mid-1980’s.

Yes, but we were discussing the livery on 37425.

Edit: I think we are talking at cross-purposes....

Roy

Edited by Roy Langridge

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, The Ghost of IKB said:

Apologies if this has been covered, will the br blue headcode version come with replacement dominoes and/or 0000?

The number of accura models im buying this year is getting worrying (for my bank balance that is)

It will come with both. And good, that's what I like to hear! :lol:

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, The Ghost of IKB said:

Apologies if this has been covered, will the br blue headcode version come with replacement dominoes and/or 0000?

The number of accura models im buying this year is getting worrying (for my bank balance that is)

Finished paying up front for my six yesterday (2 deltic, 4 37s), so life good for me :D

Roy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Roy Langridge said:

Finished paying up front for my six yesterday (2 deltic, 4 37s), so life good for me :D

Roy

You have got me thinking now; I have paid the deposit on a 37 but would like to pay it all off but I am unsure how to do that and the website does not appear to facilitate this, any ideas?

Chilly 

• RMweb Gold
17 minutes ago, Chilly said:

You have got me thinking now; I have paid the deposit on a 37 but would like to pay it all off but I am unsure how to do that and the website does not appear to facilitate this, any ideas?

Chilly 

hey Chilly

we just have to raise the balance invoice for you. You can then make payments off it, pay in full or set up direct debit. 

4 minutes ago, McC said:

hey Chilly

we just have to raise the balance invoice for you. You can then make payments off it, pay in full or set up direct debit. 

Can the payment then be made via the website, sorry if being dense!

oh yeah initial payment made via Paypal

Edited by Chilly

37 minutes ago, McC said:

Yes, just drop a note to support@accurascale.co.uk with the order number and we can take it from there. 

Thanks and message sent, now just the other 37 and 3 deltics to sort now .............................. and ...............then the other 2 preserved deltics and Foxcote when they arrive :swoon:.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• 2 weeks later...