Class 37, by Accurascale

49 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi @97406, 

The grommets will indeed be black on the production models which is something we have fed back to the factory.

Cheers!

Fran 

What about the inside of the window frame? Sorry to be a pain, but sometimes black around the windows looks odd when its only done on the outside where the thickness of the window frame shows yellow inside the cab windscreen

• RMweb Gold
28 minutes ago, westie7 said:

And hopefully slightly smaller, that looks huge

Hi Westie,

We cannot make it any smaller than it is without losing functionality I’m afraid. The car headlights did jump around position wise from loco to loco too, but ours are in the correct position for the locos modelled.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Westie,

We cannot make it any smaller than it is without losing functionality I’m afraid. The car headlights did jump around position wise from loco to loco too, but ours are in the correct position for the locos modelled.

Cheers!

Fran

Hi Fran

Do you have any pictures we can see to support that ?

37026/7/43 specifically ?

The images I see are all with the spot slightly lower than the dominos ?

@aeroplane’s  image of 043 certainly to me looks 1/3rd lower than the domino, I havent  found any where the spot seems to be above the dominos ?

maybe you can give us a full frontal of one of the 37’s in question incase its the angle we are missing ?

Also it might be me, but the look to be pointing upwards, like searchlights to the sky ? Rather than slightly downwards to a point at an angle a distance up the track. (theres a video somewhere on youtube showing these lights impact from the cab  seat, on the far north, and you see when they are turned off the difference in vision ahead on the track is stark, but i’m not sure what difference it made when it was moving at speed, beyond reassurance as it didnt seem that far ahead to react).

Edited by adb968008
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
13 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

Hi Fran

Do you have any pictures we can see to support that ?

37026/7/43 specifically ?

The images I see are all with the spot slightly lower than the dominos ?

@aeroplane’s  image of 043 certainly to me looks 1/3rd lower than the domino, I have found any where the spot seems to be above the dominos ?

maybe you can give us a full frontal of one of the 37’s in question incase its the angle we are missing ?

Also it might be me, but the look to be pointing upwards, like searchlights to the sky ? Rather than slightly downwards to a point at an angle a distance up the track. (theres a video somewhere on youtube showing these lights impact from the cab  seat, on the far north, and you see when they are turned off the difference in vision ahead on the track is stark, but i’m not sure what different it made when it was moving at speed, beyond reassurance as it didnt seem that far ahead to react).

Sure!

043 real and model. The slight overscale nature of the lamp will make it appear to be in different positions than they were.

1AC513AB-61C1-4DC6-A1C7-1FEAB8477143.jpeg.23f541e72cf3844dab2924080a0547e6.jpeg

F6F3A065-6901-4A6F-AFB8-23FCC24D4E01.jpeg.5e1af3ac0fcb0adfbb5f358b68342227.jpeg

Regarding the facing of the light, this has been noted and as we say on any PP sample, they’re samples and not assembled as well as final models shall be. So that will be sorted 😊

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

I think the facing upward of the headlight makes it look higher up than it actually is as well. Thanks for showing the pre-production shots, good to be able to leave feedback and questions before they have been fully finished :)

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi @SHerr,

Yes, it's quite straight forward bit of scratching! We tested it on one of our Deltics. 

Hi @stationroad,

Each 37 will come with ploughs in the baggie!

Cheers!

Fran 

Brilliant, thanks Fran, the wallet has let out a huge groan though! Well my 1970s stock is looking like next year for the 24/1 so this years spend is still the same! I will just keep telling myself that until I believe the argument!

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, aeroplane said:

I think the facing upward of the headlight makes it look higher up than it actually is as well. Thanks for showing the pre-production shots, good to be able to leave feedback and questions before they have been fully finished :)

Thanks Aeroplane, and we will take the feedback on board too of course and review based on your comments to make sure the finished models look the business!

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
14 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Sure!

043 real and model. The slight overscale nature of the lamp will make it appear to be in different positions than they were.

Regarding the facing of the light, this has been noted and as we say on any PP sample, they’re samples and not assembled as well as final models shall be. So that will be sorted 😊

Cheers!

Fran

It almost looks like those doors open! 😜

• RMweb Gold

Great photos as always can’t wait to get my hands on the two I’ve ordered, don’t suppose you have any teasing pics of the pre-tops abs BR blue do you?  Or are you saving the best until last 😉

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, Jack97m said:

Can’t wait for my my metals livery one. Would you be able to turn the headlight 180 degrees to sit it lower on the front 

Hi Jack,

Perhaps, but it could lose the character of being on the bracket as per the prototype.

1 minute ago, PjKing1 said:

Great photos as always can’t wait to get my hands on the two I’ve ordered, don’t suppose you have any teasing pics of the pre-tops abs BR blue do you?  Or are you saving the best until last 😉

Hi @PjKing1,

As we had the as built blue and green at the shows they’re waiting their turn to be snapped. Once they are we will share them on here, but I can confirm that they look gorgeous!

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 3

I think the lamp is fine, given it has to be slightly larger than scale to allow for functionality. 

Unless your layout is at eye height and you wear binoculars as glasses I would venture to say that you won't notice it as it roars past on a layout viewed from the scale equivalent of 10 storeys up, 200 yds from the track.  The fact it is modelled as a separate lamp on a bracket and working is a fantastic achievement when you consider what we would have had if it had been made by some other manufacturer.

The finesse of the model will more than trump whether the lamp is several microns out or not in my view.

• Like 5
  • Agree 6

• RMweb Gold
38 minutes ago, wombatofludham said:

I think the lamp is fine, given it has to be slightly larger than scale to allow for functionality. 

Unless your layout is at eye height and you wear binoculars as glasses I would venture to say that you won't notice it as it roars past on a layout viewed from the scale equivalent of 10 storeys up, 200 yds from the track.  The fact it is modelled as a separate lamp on a bracket and working is a fantastic achievement when you consider what we would have had if it had been made by some other manufacturer.

The finesse of the model will more than trump whether the lamp is several microns out or not in my view.

It's as near as damn it. If it's too far from the original for some people then they can reposition it as a modelling project.

Edited by 97406
  • Like 3
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
56 minutes ago, 97406 said:

It's as near as damn it. If it's too far from the original for some people then they can reposition it as a modelling project.

Easy tiger, been there tried it at least 3 different ways (using bearing cups and 2mm plastic rod with 0.45mm LEDs (which were too large !).. its really not easy, I went down to 0.32mm (1/3rd of a mm !)  and thats on a model where you could remove the nose… working with an object less than 0.5mm, into an object 2mm by 1.5mm isnt the easiest, even tweasers wont help.

Indeed spent some time on this, yes doable, but expect a fair bit of attrition in that activity. Even a few pro’s have stepped back from doing that.

For that reason I’d prefer it lower, even if its bigger, (size wont matter when its on) but fixing the position is just one vowel different to the word bigger..

i’m not going to labour the point, if it is what it is, but it will be the first time ive dinged an accurascale product on a detail point.

Edited by adb968008
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

Easy tiger, been there tried it at least 3 different ways (using bearing cups and 2mm plastic rod with 0.45mm LEDs (which were too large !).. its really not easy, and thats on a model where you could remove the nose… working with an object less than 0.5mm, into an object 2mm by 1.5mm isnt the easiest, even tweasers wont help.

Indeed spent some time on this, yes doable, but expect a fair bit of attrition in that activity. Even a few pro’s have stepped back from doing that.

For that reason I’d prefer it lower, even if its bigger, (size wont matter when its on) but fixing the position is just one vowel different to the word bigger..

i’m not going to labour the point, if it is what it is, but it will be the first time ive dinged an accurascale product on a detail point.

Hi John,

The position of where the bracket is on the model is correct, it is the light that is larger. So, if you were to replace the light itself, it would still be in the correct position. 

Cheers!

Fran

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi John,

The position of where the bracket is on the model is correct, it is the light that is larger. So, if you were to replace the light itself, it would still be in the correct position. 

Cheers!

Fran

And it's no big deal to these eyes. The model stands up extremely well in the test of being photographed from close up and being compared in the minutest details to the full size version. I take pictures of my own models to spot things in a similar way but there is a limit to what I'll do. The headlamp is implemented far better than I could do it.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Sure!

Cheers!

Fran

Thanks Fran

But that comparison doesn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling.

Your real image has the bottom of the lamp bracket below the bottom of the lower head code hinge.

Not so on the model.

And if size is a compromise, then I'd rather go without, and the scalpel will get a fresh blade.

Regards

Mark

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, westie7 said:

Thanks Fran

Your real image has the bottom of the lamp bracket below the bottom of the lower head code hinge.

Not so on the model.

And if size is a compromise, then I'd rather go without, and the scalpel will get a fresh blade.

Regards

Mark

Hi Mark,

As I said earlier, we will take a look at it and take feedback on board, but I do think it’s in the right position. We shall dig deeper and see.

Cheers!

Fran

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, westie7 said:

Thanks Fran

Not so on the model.

Regards

Mark

Looks to me like the angle of the photos are slightly different. The camera lens is looking slightly upward for the real life one whilst the photo of the model is looking down slightly.

Getting an exact comparison between images is going to be very hard. You have to take into account the very different sizes of the real thing vs the model which affects the focal lengths etc.

I think it will come down to looking at it with the mk1 eyeball.

• Agree 3