Class 37, by Accurascale

On 04/05/2022 at 10:22, aeroplane said:

Didn't know that 37423 had green nameplates. What time period did it have these please?

On 04/05/2022 at 11:08, Torbay Express said:

Most of the 37s are a grey/green on DRS rather than a black background.

The KEY publication on Direct Rail Services has photos of 37423 on pages 76, 78 and 79 in compass, fade and economy liveries and the ‘Spirit of the Lakes’ nameplate it carries in all three photographs is black with silver letters and edging.  The large logo 37’s appear to have a red nameplate with silver letters and edging.

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, aeroplane said:

From Accurascale's facebook

a1.jpg.f71aa99a4d3d4b9d093bcea6da230331.jpg

and Accurascale are announcing batch two of the class 37 later this year!

Apparently, due to Ukraine War, supplies of Russian Vodka are running so low, that Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) were going to close.  However upon the whisper of 37's the second batch, some bright spark has realised the need for Accurascale Anonymous so they are keeping the AA brand and realigning their services......

• Like 1
  • Funny 3

8 hours ago, KAR 120C said:

The KEY publication on Direct Rail Services has photos of 37423 on pages 76, 78 and 79 in compass, fade and economy liveries and the ‘Spirit of the Lakes’ nameplate it carries in all three photographs is black with silver letters and edging.  The large logo 37’s appear to have a red nameplate with silver letters and edging.

Yes, it glows green when at Sellafield.......

Sorry, I know some are a greenish grey, such as Bach 57  Pride of Crewe.

• RMweb Gold
59 minutes ago, Torbay Express said:

You mean you don't have a Lima one?  (Actually it's one you very rarely see second hand!)  You have had a sheltered life.......

I remember when the Lima one came out. It was better than the Triang/Hornby one, but quite a disappointment nevertheless. They can be improved, but the bonnets are a millimetre or so too high, which is difficult to fix. The Lima 40 inherited the same issues and my three ended up getting cannibalised with Bachmann parts to varying degrees. The one in my profile pic is reprofiled Lima nose ends, Bachmann 37 cabs, and the Lima middle section, on the Lima chassis. Great fun to work on nevertheless.

Edited by 97406

54 minutes ago, 97406 said:

I remember when the Lima one came out. It was better than the Triang/Hornby one, but quite a disappointment nevertheless. They can be improved, but the bonnets are a millimetre or so too high, which is difficult to fix. The Lima 40 inherited the same issues and my three ended up getting cannibalised with Bachmann parts to varying degrees. The one in my profile pic is reprofiled Lima nose ends, Bachmann 37 cabs, and the Lima middle section, on the Lima chassis. Great fun to work on nevertheless.

Sounds like a script for Casualty!  Some have done really good things with Lima, for example Paul Wade - Tonbridge West Yard.  Plus, of course the toolings are getting on for 35-40 years old, to add context in the car world that's like comparing a Ford Sierra to a Ford Mondeo......

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, 97406 said:

stroll on, the first test after assembly do you shout harness the lightning Egore to bring it to life.........

Edited by ERIC ALLTORQUE

14 hours ago, aeroplane said:

and Accurascale are announcing batch two of the class 37 later this year!

I'm gonna take a wild, stab in the dark, hail mary guess and say 37714 in Trainload Freight (Metals) livery.

Just a hunch.

11 hours ago, adb968008 said:

37430 was missed, it hung around in Mainline for a very long time and a strong performer.

agreed on the others but as I raced from school to Bolton to see the Blackpool, Barrow and Southport’s, the ones above never appeared. I did see 403 in Green at Crewe though, just after it burnt out.

I forgot to add 37431 to this list..EB846322-54CC-4CEB-8B42-84C90D896E2D.jpeg.b29eeecd727593d09d6969fedd74d13e.jpeg

A mainline 37/4 and 37430 is very much my wish list.

and moving forwards a few decades 37716 with DRS arguably the last BR era freight diesel loco to be used on daily scheduled LHCS.

431 was the one with small Railfreight Petroleum logos under the cab windows wasn’t it?

• RMweb Premium

Having seen the pics really sorry I havent ordered the 37.   I have got a Deltic on order because I think it will be something special and it will be the first Accurascle Loco delivered  . I kind of viewed the 37 as a follow on , and already having some Bachmann ones in Green and Blue didnt really need one , but boy these look tempting .  I would really like a 37/4 Large Logo blue one though - so hope its in batch 2.  While I appreciate Accurascale probably didnt want to go head to head with Bachmann in there initial run I think there is a pent up demand for these now , especially after seeing these pictures , metal kick plates , bogie chains . Wow! 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

30th September 2019 at Carlisle, 37 419 Carl Havilland and 37 409 Lord Hinton, the latter in large logo blue.   The locos had just been detached from a four day Pathfinder railtour, after working the Scottish legs of the tour to the Far North Line with heritage stock (mainly Mark 1s in Western Region chocolate and cream).   37 409 is a loco which I had travelled behind in the past, though not always in this name and livery.   Sold out at Accurascale but happily I was able to order via Rails of Sheffield.  Looking forward to this one, it will go well with nuclear traffic, with DRS coaches, with a Mk2/3 Fort William sleeper rake, or with heritage coaches.

48821710078_377db88c71_o.jpg

Edited by cessna152towser
typo

2 hours ago, 69843 said:

I'm gonna take a wild, stab in the dark, hail mary guess and say 37714 in Trainload Freight (Metals) livery.

Just a hunch.

That is living dangerously!  You've got the first five numbers right.....

Sit down, relax, take the rest of the day off, you've earned it!

• RMweb Gold
On 06/05/2022 at 10:29, Global said:

431 was the one with small Railfreight Petroleum logos under the cab windows wasn’t it?

It was indeed..

Unfortunately my camera skillswerent as good on the other half the runround, I wasnt expecting the logo and hence rushed out another shot. (In those days you wouldnt know for weeks until Truprint delivered, if your photo was good or not).

heres one of 37421 about 20 minutes earlier

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

Yes, our wallets need to keep up don't they?

Mine has taken a good battering so far this year and there's still more to come, including no less than five Accurascale locos (six if the 89 hits pre-order stage soon 🤪) and a number of Rapido items.

1779136322_PXL_20220424_165404132.NIGHT2.jpg.327c9c330ecf526a34f3625364aac1e7.jpg

Cheers,

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 60800 said:

Mine has taken a good battering so far

Ha, I have 025 and 099 from that pic. Along with 421, 424, 669 and 706. I often wonder why I have 6 37s yet why do I have 5 more on order!?

In fairness 421 might go before long.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, TomScrut said:

Ha, I have 025 and 099 from that pic. Along with 421, 424, 669 and 706. I often wonder why I have 6 37s yet why do I have 5 more on order!?

In fairness 421 might go before long.

Colas might do the same thing before too long.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Let's end the week with some Friday Filth....

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Acc-37-376-5.jpg.c61c806106fa81333e94f0d628d4c7d7.jpg

Cheers!

Fran 

These look superb! Resistance is becoming very difficult, with 608 looking especially appealing.

• Like 2