Class 37, by Accurascale

• RMweb Premium
44 minutes ago, 97406 said:

I was thinking more the Imperial Death March… 

Why has this given me the idea of significantly better version of Eurovision...

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

4 hours ago, 97406 said:

I was thinking more the Imperial Death March… 

When they get their finger out and produce the Class 50, there is the Laira Concerto, I think conducted by Depot Engineer Malcolm Wisheart or someone.

Still not convinced by any sound chip that anyone has cracked the Class 50.  Best herd so far is Mr Soundguy, but struggles with notching up.  Jamie Goodman is supposed to be good!  Different sound 'warm' to what most have....  Anyway that is hopefully for a future thread......

I digress, come on get your fingers out!  Remortgage and bankruptcy awaits.........unless you take kidneys and blood donations as future payments!

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Torbay Express said:

Still not convinced by any sound chip that anyone has cracked the Class 50.  Best herd so far is Mr Soundguy, but struggles with notching up.  Jamie Goodman is supposed to be good!  Different sound 'warm' to what most have....  Anyway that is hopefully for a future thread......

I'm not overly convinced by many of the sound files produced using preserved diesels limited to low speed use. They're fine for starting up and idling once they've properly warmed up, but the sound of a 37, 50 or whatever running well at full tilt can only be recorded on board a loco doing just that, and some classes are not main line authorised.

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

On 11/05/2022 at 13:58, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone, 

Time for some '6' appeal....

Acc-37-376-2.jpg.5611e00797b356b47011945a8c5f2a7a.jpg

Acc-37-376-3.jpg.a8c5331c340846f978bfe0f4f68b7827.jpg

Acc-37-376-1.jpg.96cfa18cfb33184bbc009e7ef089adeb.jpg

Cheers!

Fran 

Difficult to see properly, but shouldn't 37606's front be completely flush? I can make out the outline of the door. 602 and 605 have this outline door but no other 37/6s did I think.

• RMweb Gold
23 minutes ago, aeroplane said:

Difficult to see properly, but shouldn't 37606's front be completely flush? I can make out the outline of the door. 602 and 605 have this outline door but no other 37/6s did I think.

Not always, see:

37606. DRS

(Not my photo)

Roy

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
26 minutes ago, Roy Langridge said:

Not always, see:

37606. DRS

(Not my photo)

Roy

I am truly impressed by the level of crank-dom and attention to detail employed by Accurascale. It is a delight to see.

• Agree 5

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Enough already, can we please desist with the loco's in their clown liveries on their way to the circus and have some proper green liveried ones with real numbers?!!

Like this?   A photo which my father took at York in August 1964, showing me standing beside one of the "new" English Electric Type 3s.

2109747458_9d8126a910_o.jpg

• Like 16

56 minutes ago, cessna152towser said:

Like this?   A photo which my father took at York in August 1964, showing me standing beside one of the "new" English Electric Type 3s.

2109747458_9d8126a910_o.jpg

Here we are almost on 2024 and we've still got both of you, but which one retained it youthful glow? 

• Like 4
  • Funny 1

On 29/04/2022 at 22:28, jamesC37LG said:

The power unit served us (C37LG) well until 2013 when it presented it's own challenges; firstly with leaking cylinder liners and latterly (2019) with the discovery that the main crank was cracked. As it stands the top end of the ex-073 power unit is being fitted to the replacement block/crank that we have been able to source. Work on this is progressing well and we hope that we will be able to announce the completion of this in the near future.

- James (C37LG)

As a follow up to my previous post (but without wanting to hijack the thread) the engine rebuild on 003 has been completed and the rebuilt power unit will be returned to UKRL on 6th June, with the plan being to lift it back into the loco in late June/early July. Be sure to check out our website in the coming weeks for more updates regarding this!

www.c37lg.co.uk 

- James (C37LG)

• Like 7
  • Round of applause 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
11 minutes ago, jamesC37LG said:

As a follow up to my previous post (but without wanting to hijack the thread) the engine rebuild on 003 has been completed and the rebuilt power unit will be returned to UKRL on 6th June, with the plan being to lift it back into the loco in late June/early July. Be sure to check out our website in the coming weeks for more updates regarding this!

www.c37lg.co.uk 

- James (C37LG)

Just read about it on facebook. Congrats to you all :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
12 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

Time for some Scottish growler action! 

Please note that these are pre-production models, and tweaks will be carried out ahead of production, such as fit and finish, the correct grey on the RFD and Metals locos, the RFD logo not being translucent against the grey, improvement of paint coverage on the yellow in particular etc.

Still though, they are shaping up nicely!

Acc-37-Scottish-370-2.jpg.070e8367c015604319e9d1beed1afe04.jpg

Acc-37-Scottish-370-1.jpg.09828ea7f97d808dcf30fef30eb15082.jpg

Cheers!

Fran 

Lovely! My 2 are in the middle!

• RMweb Premium

Looking great, I have 37043 on order, I’m seriously considering ordering a second one to re-number. Whilst Accurascale are relatively new in having locos on the market has anyone done a renumber or major decoration removal? If so is it relatively painless or a risk of taking off paint etc? Removing Large Logo numbers on other brands can sometimes be a challenge and. Don’t want to ruin a great loco.

• RMweb Gold
28 minutes ago, SHerr said:

Looking great, I have 37043 on order, I’m seriously considering ordering a second one to re-number. Whilst Accurascale are relatively new in having locos on the market has anyone done a renumber or major decoration removal? If so is it relatively painless or a risk of taking off paint etc? Removing Large Logo numbers on other brands can sometimes be a challenge and. Don’t want to ruin a great loco.

Hi @SHerr,

Yes, it's quite straight forward bit of scratching! We tested it on one of our Deltics. 

24 minutes ago, stationroad said:

looking great! will the snowploughs be included in the bag for every model or just some of them? 

Hi @stationroad,

Each 37 will come with ploughs in the baggie!

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

One observation on the Banger Blue one is that it would be nice if the window grommets were picked out in black. The look to be blue in the pic. No biggie if not as I can do it with some deft marker pen action!

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, 97406 said:

One observation on the Banger Blue one is that it would be nice if the window grommets were picked out in black. The look to be blue in the pic. No biggie if not as I can do it with some deft marker pen action!

Hi @97406, 

The grommets will indeed be black on the production models which is something we have fed back to the factory.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi @97406, 

The grommets will indeed be black on the production models which is something we have fed back to the factory.

Cheers!

Fran 

Excellent!

Edited by 97406