RevolutioN Trains Announce Ecofrets in OO Gauge

sc2016

• RMweb Gold
On 27/11/2022 at 10:26, peterfgf said:

I offered to pay the balance owing on my order of Ecofreights a couple of weeks ago because it was convenient for me to do so.  I got a terse email back telling me to read the website and wait.

Apologies if you got a terse email - as explained in our recent newsletter I was out of action with illness , which has had a knock-on delay to sending out any Ecofrets or balance invoices yet.  The balance invoices will start to go out at the end of this week.

Best wishes

Mike 

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
On 26/11/2022 at 23:58, Michael Hodgson said:

Looks good although the colours seem unduly bright.

Suppose I've never seen them ex-works.

I suspect that's more to do with the colour temperature of the lighting for the photo and the vagueries of digital image processing than the models themselves.

On 29/11/2022 at 14:03, Revolution Mike said:

Apologies if you got a terse email - as explained in our recent newsletter I was out of action with illness , which has had a knock-on delay to sending out any Ecofrets or balance invoices yet.  The balance invoices will start to go out at the end of this week.

Best wishes

Mike 

Mike,

Thanks. I hope you've recovered.  Looking forward to receiving the wagons in due course.

Peterfgf

• Like 1

Picked up my 4 GBRf sets from Warley at the weekend. Amazing detail on them and run superbly. Although I’m not sure how long the draw bars will last for but only time will tell. They also couple up really close as well with the standard tension lock couplings. 

531477B2-43BE-45E0-920E-23603326B2D3.jpeg

0BCBB6B0-5D73-43FC-BF29-6D80A06E8B89.jpeg

D9DC7014-B61C-4C94-9E3A-8A6C06C27E2C.jpeg

93F181DF-27C0-47EF-9DF9-F6E99E024140.jpeg

• Like 10

• RMweb Gold
On 12/12/2022 at 20:06, palmsticks said:

Hello @Revolution Mike @Revolution Ben, please could you advise when these are likely to go to the retailers? Many thanks!

With the delays to Royal Mail it will be after Christmas.  We are sending out pre-orders as quickly as we can and then we will send to retailers.

Cheers Mike

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Revolution Mike said:

With the delays to Royal Mail it will be after Christmas.  We are sending out pre-orders as quickly as we can and then we will send to retailers.

Cheers Mike

OK Mike,

Thanks for the reply. Have a great Christmas!

• Thanks 1

I received my 3-unit and my 2-unit Ecofrets a few days ago.  They are very good indeed: the detail is incredible, they run smoothly, and the spacing of the securing lugs fits my C-Rail containers perfectly (unlike some others).  Well done Revolution trains (but I think I have enough container flats now to empty Felixstowe).

• Like 4

Still waiting on mine coming, despite the email notifying me that they have been despatched, that was sent two weeks ago. I've emailed Revolution for an update but heard nothing back yet. Hope they haven't used Royal Mail, as I've just waited two weeks for a returned loco, posted on a 48-hour delivery. Just hope I get them before Xmas.

• Agree 1

24 minutes ago, Revolution Ben said:

Hi all,

All Revolution domestic models are sent via Royal Mail 48 hour tracked.  We do occasionally review this.  I am sorry if deliveries are being delayed but this of course is beyond our control.

cheers

Ben A.

Thanks Ben, is it possible to get the tracking numbers, if you are using Royal Mail 48 hour tracked please? That at least we are able to track the parcel thru the system. 

• RMweb Gold

I think there is come confusion being caused by our website. As explained at the bottom of the despatch emails - if you paid a deposit and then a balance, then unfortunately the website automatically sends an email when the balance is paid saying the order is complete and despatched. However as explained in our note the order is only physically despatched once the other half of the order ie the balance order(s) is also marked as despatched. 

We’re still working through sending out Ecofret orders but the RM strikes have made things trickier than normal in terms of both days we can post and increased delivery times. 

Apologies for any confusion - we’d like our website to work differently but not currently possible. 

Cheers Mike

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

As per my previous post ie if you paid in full then you will get one email saying your order has been despatched but if you paid a deposit and balance you will get two emails (one automatically generated when you pay your balance) but your order is only despatched when the second (ie the balance) order is also marked as despatched. 

Cheers Mike

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

They have arrived! And very detailed too. A small problem in that I broke a coupling bar or a coupling bar has broken. I'm sure I didn't apply any force, but have messaged Revolution to begin looking at getting all 6 wagons running instead of the current 5.

Its quite fiddly but I found the easiest way to connect the wagons is to push and clip the bar onto one wagon, put them onto the track. Locate the bar against the pin on the other wagon and gently push the wagons together. 

Agree, nicely detailed and run really well and smooth without wobble.

Edited by martin_l_jones
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
On 12/01/2023 at 22:38, Bearwood West Yard said:

Just bought a few sets of IPA’s and very impressed with them. I didn’t get in in time to make the order book for the Ecofrets but hope to pick 3-4 sets up from a stockist when they’re out. I take it once the direct pre order are despatched that remaining stock will then go to retailers? 

Hi Jordan

Yes, that’s right - retailers should be starting to get their stock mid next week. 

Cheers Mike

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1