Blackmoor, Lynton & Barnstaple Railway in 009 (c 1930) -East Grinstead done , next show is Taunton

roundhouse

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

As the layout will be at the Bexhill show this Saturday,  I am now adjusting the signal servos as they are freeing up eithveach show.

I am using the Megapoints servos controller,  so I can just plug the separate power supply into the baseboard with the circuit board on then run servos jumper cables to the boxed up boards so that I don't have to set the layoutup.  The home starter at the Barnstaple end is on the same board do that's nice and easy to adjust. I have just had to reread the instructions on how to do the adjustments.

20230810_112119.jpg.bef1dd24a4ab347f863800635efdb68f.jpg

Also LEW has been worked on in the last couple of weeks. The slipping idler gear has been checked for any damage and all gears cleaned up. The idler gear has now been refined onto the spindle using Locktight. The loco has now had a good hours run in on the High Line test circuit,  so finger crossed it will perform well at the show.

Edited by roundhouse
  • Like 4

• RMweb Gold

We had a god-daughter yesterday at the Bexhill-on-Sea show. A lot of interest in the layout and two show invites.

LEW performed well all day so fingers crossed that the slipping idler gear issue has been resolved. Thexrest of the stock also worked well after a couple of tweaks to baseboard track joints.

Next show is Liverpool next month.

20230812_135241.jpg

20230812_135540.jpg

Edited by roundhouse
  • Like 14

Saw the layout for the first time at the Bexhill show yesterday. One of my favourites, probably star of the show for me. Great potential for long shots, glad I brought the long lens . Sadly only captured a few shots, but hope they show the beautiful setting and scenery backdrop of the layout
Album: https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjAQR8X, more from other layouts at the show to be added today 
Stuart

Blackmoor L&B - Yeo arrives with crane.jpg

Blackmoor L&B - Yeo and goods yard.jpg

Blackmoor L&B - wagons in the yard.jpg

Blackmoor L&B - wagon and the North Devon landscape.jpg

• Like 10

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, OwenTheSignal said:

Saw the layout for the first time at the Bexhill show yesterday. One of my favourites, probably star of the show for me. Great potential for long shots, glad I brought the long lens . Sadly only captured a few shots, but hope they show the beautiful setting and scenery backdrop of the layout
Album: https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjAQR8X, more from other layouts at the show to be added today 
Stuart

Blackmoor L&B - Yeo arrives with crane.jpg

Blackmoor L&B - Yeo and goods yard.jpg

Blackmoor L&B - wagons in the yard.jpg

Blackmoor L&B - wagon and the North Devon landscape.jpg

Thanks for you conments Stuart.

Very nice photos. One day I will get chance to use my DSLR but generally don't get chance to set it up at shows when I do hence I normeuse my mobile phone.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, roundhouse said:

Thanks for you conments Stuart.

Very nice photos. One day I will get chance to use my DSLR but generally don't get chance to set it up at shows when I do hence I normeuse my mobile phone.

Thanks. Yes, same if I take my layout to shows - always struggling to find time to take photos. I stopped going to shows as a visitor for about a decade, interests elsewhere. I've got back into it as a visitor and exhibitor, and I now take the macro and have fun with layout photography. Layouts such as Blackmoor really deserve time to have a good look around, especially at the brilliant scenery effects you've created on there.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• roundhouse changed the title to Blackmoor, Lynton & Barnstaple Railway in 009 - circa 1930 - next show is Liverpool in September
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

With just a few day's to go before the layout is at the Liverpool show, the recently purchased Modelu figures have now been fixed to the bridge namely the two females and the boy sitting on the bridge parapet as per the old photo that I am modelling the scene on.

32 sheep have now replaced the dozen or so skinny HO scale sheep that were on the layout since its first show last year.

The scene now looks a lot better but I may still add a few more sheep for the layouts next outing in November.

20230829_165625.jpg

Edited by roundhouse
  • Like 10

• RMweb Gold

Early this morning the road signpost was painted thrn the destination names added. I can't see any mileages in the photo of the real thing hence they are not on the decals that I printed. I have guessed the names by looking at the maps on Google but they make sense to me.

20230830_151656.jpg

20230830_151710.jpg

Edited by roundhouse
  • Like 10

• roundhouse changed the title to Blackmoor, Lynton & Barnstaple Railway in 009 (c 1930) - Sheep & signposts, next show is Liverpool
  • RMweb Gold

Another sunny and warm morning here in Waterloo, Merseyside.

Took a bit longer setting the layout up on Friday as just two of us. All went well till I started cleaning the track in the fiddle yard. A complete turnout blade was missing and any spare rail that I had I recently removed it from my toolbox after being in there for many years.

Luckily a friend on another layout had a spare turnout so alls well.

A great day operating yesterday despite being down on operators.

20230902_161737.jpg

20230902_162849.jpg

• Like 12

• RMweb Gold
On 03/09/2023 at 13:01, DLT said:

Lovely.

What shows do you have in the pipeline please?

Thanks,

Dave.

The next show is much more local to us at Tolworth on the A3 in November.

There will be more up North in future years but not confirmed yet.

We had another great day and won the Hubcap award for best Scouse thing by a non Scouse visitor. We had a bag of 3D printed  purple wheelie bins in numerous scales that every layout was happy to have one or more on their layout which also included a model of the Bismark and also a demonstrator.

We now have a Hubcap to find a suitable place for at home.

20230903_152754.jpg

20230902_120250.jpg

Edited by roundhouse
  • Like 5
  • Round of applause 2
  • Funny 1

• roundhouse changed the title to Blackmoor, Lynton & Barnstaple Railway in 009 (c 1930) - Purple wheelie bins at the Liverpool
  • 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

This morning I decided to start changing the roof lamps on the caches for the acetylene type resin printed type by ST Models.

A fairly easy conversion by carving off the moulded lamp bases and the same for the covers.

The lamps have a spigot but the covers don't so I have drilled a hole in the roof and inserted a short piece of styrene rod for the lamp covers to fit over after adding superglue.

20231013_075222.jpg

20231013_075232.jpg

Edited by roundhouse
  • Like 6

• roundhouse changed the title to Blackmoor, Lynton & Barnstaple Railway in 009 (c 1930) - Next show is Tolworth
  • 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

A few coaches that had the oil lamps are now completed after fiithe acetylene lamps.

20231024_081926.jpg.37746a1a8a5b51f595608518cce8171f.jpg

So now attention has turned to the moulded on acetylene lamp fitted coaches.

Once the moulded lamps have been removed it leaves a hole in the roof which is perfect for fitting these 3D printed ones.

20231028_074000.jpg

• Like 8

• RMweb Gold

I have finally got around to fitting this USB  charger into the main DCC box. As the main power pack has an extra set of terminals and is capable of 20 Amps output but only has a 5 Amp command station attached, it can easily handle this USB charger which is also separately fused.

20231029_105827.jpg

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Another very wet morning but at least it's warm and dry in the shed.

I am just finishing off the roof vents I n a brake third coach so while the roof is off I decided to enhance the passengers.

There is now a droplight lowered with guard waving out of the window. There is also a crazy cat lady with her enterage plus a courting couple and a pilot who's plane has had a mishap so is on his way back to the airfield.

I wonder what the gentleman is thinking but if he only knew that there was a blonde in the single campartment who has mislaid her clothes.

All making use of spare figures in my  people box.

20231030_092747.jpg

• Like 6
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, roundhouse said:

I wonder what the gentleman is thinking but if he only knew that there was a blonde in the single campartment who has mislaid her clothes.

I believe in modern parlance that is referred to as "wardrobe malfunction".

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

More packets of ST Models roof lamps arrived yesterday so another coach has been modified. I have also added an open window in the main passenger compartment.

20231103_082531.jpg

This photo shows the cut away interior unit for the lowered window. I have also cut away the interior to allow me to lower the windows in the gaurds compartment.

20231103_082543.jpg

I am also hoping to start adding the roof pipework but that may have to wait till after the Tolworth show.

20231103_082608.jpg

Edited by roundhouse
  • Like 5