Glasgow Queen Street

David Bell

1 hour ago, David Bell said:

Back on Parliamentary Road this is the intermediate stage on the cobbled street. It will tone down a lot with a few washes of grime.

Lovely addition David - surely there's space on there for a nice terrace .. what do you think?

8 minutes ago, Dave John said:

Tenements with shops at the ground floor for a challenge.

A good pics of Parliamentary Road from the air on this site.

https://alchetron.com/Parliamentary-Road

My eye was drawn to the "Red Hackle" whisky advert on the end of the  tenement over the tunnel. 

I do favour a row of  shops on the ground floor

• Like 1

For a long time now I have been wrestling with what I should model on the other side of the layout to accompany GQS. I have been through Polmont, Falkirk Grahamston, Grangemouth and latterly Rannoch as options. It has finally dawned on me that I should model the railway place I spent all of my time as a teenager- Falkirk Springfield Yard, the home of the SRPS before they moved to Boness. I must have spent almost every weekend there for five years from 1975 to 1980. So I have a plan!

I already have a model of Maude, just need to cover 419 in dark blue livery and Morayshire in LNER apple green plus Kelton Fell, Clydesmill No 3. WPR no 20 in brown, plus a Ruston 88ds. Then there is th Fairfield Tram! On the coaching side there are the two Caley coaches, two LMS coaches, a Gresley buffet, NBR invalid saloon. Thompson suburban brake,, GNSR royal saloon. Highland 6 wheel coupe and a Gresley BG in blue.plus LGW gràin wagons, Briggs tankers. CR six wheel brake van. That is all I remember off the top of my head. I know there is more!

I have not mentioned BR Standard Tank 80105, It was in bits during this period.

In addition to all of this I can include BR mainline diesels and blue grey stock arriving to make up railtours. On one occasion this included one of the 3 Mk1 LFK's Also there is the odd shunt of the wagons to the transfer shed

It is pretty much a self contained layout.

Time to draw it up!

• Like 5
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

16 hours ago, David Bell said:

For a long time now I have been wrestling with what I should model on the other side of the layout to accompany GQS. I have been through Polmont, Falkirk Grahamston, Grangemouth and latterly Rannoch as options. It has finally dawned on me that I should model the railway place I spent all of my time as a teenager- Falkirk Springfield Yard, the home of the SRPS before they moved to Boness. I must have spent almost every weekend there for five years from 1975 to 1980. So I have a plan!

I already have a model of Maude, just need to cover 419 in dark blue livery and Morayshire in LNER apple green plus Kelton Fell, Clydesmill No 3. WPR no 20 in brown, plus a Ruston 88ds. Then there is th Fairfield Tram! On the coaching side there are the two Caley coaches, two LMS coaches, a Gresley buffet, NBR invalid saloon. Thompson suburban brake,, GNSR royal saloon. Highland 6 wheel coupe and a Gresley BG in blue.plus LGW gràin wagons, Briggs tankers. CR six wheel brake van. That is all I remember off the top of my head. I know there is more!

I have not mentioned BR Standard Tank 80105, It was in bits during this period.

In addition to all of this I can include BR mainline diesels and blue grey stock arriving to make up railtours. On one occasion this included one of the 3 Mk1 LFK's Also there is the odd shunt of the wagons to the transfer shed

It is pretty much a self contained layout.

Time to draw it up!

And the old Firs Park as a backscene!

Jim

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Matt said:

David you are one talented modeller. Look forward to seeing this as it develops further. Some of your pics remind me of the Liverpool Lime Street model

If I can make a roof that is half as good as theirs I will be well happy!

They look great and realised that some of my old photos featured your posts and beams in all their glory.

Note the heavy bias towards booze in the station advertising boards!

14842885969_da46064eeb_3k.jpg

Edited by brylonscamel
  • Like 5