Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

New tooling - BR Standard 2MT 2-6-0 2MT 78xxx

Graham_Muz

Has anyone else had problem with the loco running extremely slow on DCC?  I have tried 3 different decoders with the same result.  I have an NCE controller and have to have it on full speed on speed 28/28 to move along.  However running on DC there doesn't seem to be an issue.  I have 40 other DCC fitted locos and haven't seen this issue before.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, billy_anorak59 said:

OK - it's an Ivatt, not a Standard 2, but just for the record, this might be a good reference for an 'in-service, but clean' look? My photo - Bridgenorth 1984. Of course, excuse the bell for the BR period!

Ivatt2MT_46521_Bridgenorth_1984ps.jpg

Blimey, the only ones I can recognise for certain are Godfrey Stuart on the far left, now sadly in a home and Andy Darby on the far right (one of our Inspectors now) next to him might be Charles Newton who bougght 6521. The shed of course in its very windy and dark days. So much better now with its doors , overhead crane and better, lighter roof. Behind looks like the Babby (7819 Hinton Manor) 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, ChristianA432 said:

I have an NCE controller and have to have it on full speed on speed 28/28 to move along.  However running on DC there doesn't seem to be an issue.  I have 40 other DCC fitted locos and haven't seen this issue before.

First question would be whether the operation of any of the other 40 DCC fitted locos remains as expected? (One possibility based on the fault description is that there has been a failure in the amplification stage of the DCC system, so that power supply to the decoder is very limited.)

2 hours ago, 34theletterbetweenB&D said:

First question would be whether the operation of any of the other 40 DCC fitted locos remains as expected? (One possibility based on the fault description is that there has been a failure in the amplification stage of the DCC system, so that power supply to the decoder is very limited.)

All my other locomotives are working as normal with no issues

• Thanks 1

Next step then.

21 hours ago, ChristianA432 said:

I have tried 3 different decoders with the same result.

Need to test any of these 3 decoders in a loco that runs as expected, and try the proven good decoder from that loco in your 'slow motion' 2MT.

(Pound to a penny the problem is on the loco, most likely a wiring or circuit component fault. Your choice what to do: heading the list, return for refund as 'unfit for purpose'. At the other end of the choices, barbarians like myself having tested the mechanism intensively to ensure the motor is good, will remove the entire circuit and hardwire a decoder, red and black onto the pick up wipers, orange and grey onto the motor terminals, job done.)

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, AMJ said:

As mentioned earlier, I was only buying one when seen in a shop.

So here is one after having a crew and sound fitting

Thanks for sharing a video. Whose sound project is this please?

PS - Just to point out the tender body isnt sitting properly on the chassis.

• 2 weeks later...

So the CC model of 78022 has finally been officially announced, which is good news.

https://uk.Hornby.com/products/k-and-wvr-preserved-standard-2mt-2-6-0-78022-era-11-club-exclusive-r3837

However, will the orders placed for it in 2021 be fulfilled?

Also, for some reason the Hornby website doesn't think I am am member (renewed in October, shows in memberships but also showes the expired one. If I wanted to order another it wouldn't let me at the moment) so hopefully that doesn't mean I miss out.

I have emailed Hornby to find out either way.

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Pre Grouping fan said:

Beat me to it!

I let my membership lapse last time but it's still showing as an active order in my account. Wonder if they will honour it given the Price increase as well as it's increased from 149.99 to 189.99.

Thing is, I even renewed mine before if finished but for some reason it's showing up twice (one current, one expired) which I presume is causing the conflict.

Screenshot_20231125_124007_Chrome.jpg.a44484400dfae23c3d57336b76315441.jpg

They used to have a renew option on the clubs, but wasn't available when I renewed (isn't now for me either) so I wonder if that is why it has screwed up. My current membership should actually be ending on the 22/10/24.

Edited by TomScrut

11 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

On sale today on the Hornby stand at Warley, £189.

I missed this first time around so glad of the chance to buy today.

only 50 available

the shade of green is fine.

As you are there please tell someone on the Hornby stand that the ordering system on their website for club members is broken

Edited by 5Dublo2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, 5Dublo2 said:

As you are there please tell someone on the Hornby stand that the ordering system on their website for club members is broken

Won't make any difference as the home team poked off for the weekend on Friday.

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, TomScrut said:

So the CC model of 78022 has finally been officially announced, which is good news.

https://uk.Hornby.com/products/k-and-wvr-preserved-standard-2mt-2-6-0-78022-era-11-club-exclusive-r3837

However, will the orders placed for it in 2021 be fulfilled?

Also, for some reason the Hornby website doesn't think I am am member (renewed in October, shows in memberships but also showes the expired one. If I wanted to order another it wouldn't let me at the moment) so hopefully that doesn't mean I miss out.

I have emailed Hornby to find out either way.

See mine and another post above.