• RMweb Gold

Thank you, @Fishplate (John). It is always nice to receive positive responses to modelling posts. I am firmly of the opinion that if I can pass on helpful information to others then that is what I should do. After all, most of what I do is copied from somebody else, somewhere.

There are times when I itch to get on with modelling things but can't and times when I can't be bothered but should. It all balances out in the end, though, so I don't get hung up about it. All the very best of luck with your new plans, and make sure that we can see them on here! :)

I have found much of interest on RMweb although it has taken me quite some time to sort out what's what. The good thing about the forum is that there is a vast amount of good modelling from which I can glean helpful and useful information. The bad thing about the forum is that there is a vast amount of good modelling from which I can glean helpful and useful information.

• Like 3
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

7 hours ago, Mick Bonwick said:

All the very best of luck with your new plans, and make sure that we can see them on here! :)

Hi Mick @Mick Bonwick Thank you for your response. I do have a topic for my layout and the link can be found in my signature :)

John 

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

2 minutes ago, Fishplate said:

Hi Mick @Mick Bonwick Thank you for your response. I do have a topic for my layout and the link can be found in my signature :)

John 

That has been mentioned to me. 

How's it done? 

BTW, nothing like a link to your layout is showing on my screen. 

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
47 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

That has been mentioned to me. 

How's it done? 

BTW, nothing like a link to your layout is showing on my screen. 

Try turning your phone sideways.........no really. 

• Informative/Useful 2

Hi @MrWolf, I tried to send you a private message but my machine tells me you can't receive them? I hope @NHY 581 suggestion has worked and you can now see all signatures. Mine below as a snip for reference.

Capture.JPG.b6cef83b408beeea76184b586e1668ae.JPG

I either use an Amazon Fire ipad-type-thing or my laptop [if I want to write anything and avoid the Fire deciding to auto-correct my typing (mutter)]. 

If you want to add your own link/ signature on every post, go to Settings/ Signature. On my laptop that is under a drop down below my Fishplate name. I am presuming you have the same drop down for Mr Wolf on a phone version as well. 

Then you should be able to make the same signature comment on the end of each post and add a link to your own topic in the usual copy/ paste way.  Hope this helps.

Apologies to @Mick Bonwickfor going 'off topic'

John 

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Hello @Fishplatethats very odd about the PM. Not had any problems receiving them before.

Perhaps the world has ended and we're all dead, but weren't cc'd on the email? 

Thanks for the information. I'll see what I can do there. Apologies to Mick for hogging the thread!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

Try turning your phone sideways.........no really. 

well I never! I always thought you could only see the signatures on a laptop or PC

You learn something new every day

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
29 minutes ago, Fishplate said:

Apologies to @Mick Bonwickfor going 'off topic'

6 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

Apologies to Mick for hogging the thread!

No apologies necessary, it's all in the name of seeing what's going on. I'm not sure if hogging is better than sheeping . . . . . . . . . .

• Thanks 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
15 minutes ago, Mick Bonwick said:

I'm not sure if hogging is better than sheeping . . . . . . . . . .

Take it from me, hogging. 

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
15 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

OOPS.

Euston we have a problem!

Error code EXO

That's a US Navy rank isn't it?

Posh stock cube. 

• Funny 8

Oh dear @MrWolf. For all error codes and/ or other IT related problems, I find that a tame teenager, or even an 8 year old will sort it out for you. They can press buttons/ screens with thumbs and fingers quicker than I can change a couple of points and start a train.

Alternatively switch it off and switch it on again. . .. . .  . 

Hi @Mick Bonwick. Yes, planned to be a diverse blend of SECR/ Southern/ BR(S) with an infusion of Rule 1 :)

John

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I have used a hot wire cutter on expanded polystyrene many times, but extruded polystyrene is another fettle of kish. Being more dense (meaning the polystyrene!), the movement of the wire through the material is much slower and the effort required to maintain a straight line is significantly greater. More practice is required.

P1040279.JPG.0009cb8122017fb74a83e8f6baae6b2e.JPG

• Like 7
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

• RMweb Gold

The sheep are invading the Island (High St, Fortuneswell) and establishing a base camp - do we need to be afraid?

1721326780_SheepshopIMG_1146RMweb.jpg.5a0625c6f738a7957275528dc0b6e9f1.jpg

Edited by john new
Image(s) reloaded post site crash.
  • Like 1
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, Fishplate said:

@MrWolf Still  can't  message you direct. . . . . was hoping you had sorted your signature

snip.JPG.8443ce6794d7b5647449b4b2c1556888.JPG

I've just sent Wolfie something via PM

Try removing the

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
Just now, NHY 581 said:

I've just sent Wolfie something via PM

Try removing the

So have I. :rolleyes:

If you use 'the system' to send a PM, it places that format into the recipient field automatically. I didn't get rejected.

• Friendly/supportive 2

5 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

it must be a fault at your end...

Indeed it must:huh:

16 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

Try removing the @

Done that and I didn't get the rejected message. Another box ticked, thank you :D

• Friendly/supportive 1