• RMweb Gold

Additional seafoam-based shrubs and saplings added to the diorama today. Using different shaped pieces of seoam and various scatter materials a good variety of tree forms can be made. Other work includes the distressing of the too-uniform grassy bits and some more longish grass randomly placed.

P1040567_Cropped.jpg.0a58de0713690033067d59ed14b884b1.jpg

P1040569_Cropped.jpg.1118a837221441aa7f64470a6f811ca9.jpg

• Like 16

• RMweb Gold

I thought that I had the camera settings sorted for focus stacking. Need to check again!

I also need to remove the Dullcote from the Anglia's windows. It's not meant to represent one that's occupied!

P1040560_Cropped.JPG.af91453049dce51d12bfb16dfb81230f.JPG

• Like 8
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Gold

There has been such great temptation introduced on The Shed Thread that I almost wandered off down that path. But, after a bit of self discipline, I cleared everything away (again) and managed to paint some more rails. There's rain coming down at the moment, so it looks as if I won't be able to do any gardening weeding today. Such a shame.

I did add an index to all my shed photographs, though. :)

• Like 8

• RMweb Gold

Another vehicle, this time it's a Fordson van. To my eye a vehicle looks right if the wheels are accurate - a bit like a building looking right if the windows are accurate. The thickness of the metal and the hefty bumpers and number plate are of less significance overall.

This is one of the early Classix models and is quite a good little model for the price. A coat of matt varnish (Testor's Dullcote) prepared it for a very light dusting of pigment.

P1040679_Cropped.JPG.598082c5649ef2ddfdc95b3e8076b7ec.JPG

• Like 15
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

3 hours ago, Mick Bonwick said:

Another vehicle, this time it's a Fordson van

Another half a dozen and they can team up with the Landies ! :lol:

• Like 2
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold

These were all weathered years ago, and the recent discussions about road vehicles prompted me to search for the box where they've been hiding. I knew that the windows needed attention, because I had never got round to removing the Dullcote. I've given myself the task of getting on with it now, but I'm not known for doing as I'm told. You've already seen the results of the cleansing of the Fordson and now I've had a go at the Standard Vanguard. Not many to go. :(

P1040673_Cropped.jpg.55a6c31e89e548152dc39450c62aba16.jpg

Ooh! Look! There's a Land Rover.

• Like 13

• RMweb Gold

Nothing to do with railways, Easton, Land Rovers or sheds, but it was brought to mind by a thread elsewhere. When my Grandchildren ask me what I did in the war, I can say that I ran the 'C' Company Canteen. They're not likely to ask, though.

1982266410_BWFilm12020.jpg.be4d2b176a9ee25bf698c985cf1aedcc.jpg

• Like 11

39 minutes ago, Stubby47 said:

You've got a big caterpillar on your shirt, did you know?

I think the correct way is to say "You've got a big caterpillar on your shirt, did you know Corporal?"

I believe the response from aforementioned NCO would differ depending on whether the asker was of lower or higher rank .

Looking forward to seeing @Mick Bonwick s response to find out  @Stubby47s rank. :angel:

• Funny 6

• RMweb Gold

Arguably the best rank in the British Army.. 

Sgts to take the responsibility above, Lance Corporals and Privates below to do the doing...

Rob

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Stubby47 said:

You've got a big caterpillar on your shirt, did you know?

It's a lanyard.  Mine was blue and yellow, but there were many other colours available. Tied to the end that's tucked into the breast pocket is a bottle/can opener. Look behind me and you can see why. The photograph was taken in Aden in 1967 and when not on patrol I really did run the canteen.

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, NHY 581 said:

Arguably the best rank in the British Army.. 

Sgts to take the responsibility above, Lance Corporals and Privates below to do the doing...

Rob

I'd like to think that WO1 takes that place. Everybody junior calls you 'Sir' and everybody senior calls you 'Mr'. Takes a while to get there, but once there, you stay.

Anyway, back to modelling. . . . . . . . . . . . .

• Friendly/supportive 3