Middleton Top and the C&HPR

JustinDean

On 01/12/2023 at 12:14, JustinDean said:

Unidentified NLR tank at Middleton Top in the 1940’s:

I did take that as a photo of the prototype had been uploaded as inspiration to aim at. Only reading subsequent posts led me to look again. And realise the aim has been achieved. Truly brilliant modelling. 

• Agree 4
  • Thanks 1

Brilliant photo of the North London tank at Middleton Top, Justin. The track wending its way in the background between the stonewalling was totally convincing. The only "tell" was the tie-bars on the points...
We used to live in Two Dales, so I know the area well. Totally captures the atmosphere of the place.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
15 minutes ago, Middlepeak said:

All the best Jay!  Just finished the painting in the new railway room, so once the carpet's down in January it will be full steam ahead at Friden! Looking forward to the Midlands get together next year.

Geraint

Merry Xmas Geraint! Also looking forward to seeing Friedan progress and the Derby shindig 

Jay

Hi Jay, 

A very handy acquisition, and full marks to Cazz for her support for your endeavours. 

Looking forward to seeing Middleton Top 'on the road' (SWAG date now in the diary). Shout if any help needed with the preparation. 

Geraint

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

What a smashing bit of kit to get as a Christmas pressie - she’s a keeper! 😁

My pre-Christmas present to myself was a(nother) Victory tank loco. (Like I don’t have enough of them already!) And I have just a few more days left to resist buying another for £99 before their promotion code runs out!!

Enjoy Christmas, and looking forward to seeing your layout develop further in the new year!

Steve S

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, JustinDean said:

Harboro Rocks

Nice to see the real locations.

Interesting bit of Industrial Archaeology in that photo. Was it railway related/ served?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...