Middleton Top and the C&HPR

JustinDean

• RMweb Gold

Yep, wrong message. 

Jay picked up on the incorrect wheels. So, an unpainted,  non working built kit complete with incorrect wheels has sold for tidy sum. 

Even with all the above attended to, it genuinely is not worth much more than the price paid. 

Rob

• Like 2

On that basis I might even be persuaded to go into business selling the etches that I designed for the same loco. That would recover the costs several times over!

But then again, that wasn't the point of doing them in the first place!

G

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
25 minutes ago, Middlepeak said:

On that basis I might even be persuaded to go into business selling the etches that I designed for the same loco. That would recover the costs several times over!

But then again, that wasn't the point of doing them in the first place!

G

Yes I thought of you and those etches when I saw this. Is there a current kit for the NLR tank?

I bought the ACE kit a while back but haven’t built it up yet….not sure if that’s still an available. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Tortuga said:

I can’t help thinking that someone out there might think “If that’s worth £280..."

You're absolutely right, but I can't see it really matters - it's what it's worth to the buyer which counts, not the seller. It might set a high bar, but it's as likely to be a watershed outlier as a new trend. What other buyers do with their cash is their business...luckily, cos some seem right muppets.

Think prices are high? Wait. Think a subject is overvalued? Investigate better-value alternatives etc etc. It's a hobby, and we have options :)

20200323-141221.jpg?1590674999

https://www.cdc-design.net/nlr-75-class-park-tank.html

• Like 5
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

I got the CDC print of the NLR class 75, and very nice it is too. Especially if I could get it onto the chassis it was designed for!

Actually, have had exactly the same issue with the CDC GER J68 on the relevant Terrier chassis…

CDC have kindly said (in separate messages about each) that if I send them the bodies/chassis in question that they will assemble them for me.

Problem is, they are safely boxed in totally different stashes … and whenever I find one, the other has gone awol!

Must send those off for sorting before the RTR class 67/68/69 Buckjumper gets released!

Steve S

• Friendly/supportive 2

10 hours ago, Beechnut said:

Should I be cashing in my chips?

IMG_2875.jpeg

I have no idea why, but these remind me of the B4 0-4-0 shunter - it’s like they are a grown up cousin, or something.

At which point someone will inform me that they were both designed by the same locomotive builder! 🙄😆

But I do like them…

Steve S

• Like 2

I think the old GEM kit is still available from Branchlines as a complete kit with etched chassis and body detailing pack, plus Markits wheels. I do have one in the stash.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

There are some excellent photos popping up on the Cromford and High Peak Facebook page from private collections at the moment. Such as this Deeley residing next to Sheep Pasture shed. The Deeley was a short term replacement for the Kitson that ended up in someone’s garden after a points mishap at Steeple Grange. 
The Final Push at Middleton Top will resume with two days put aside for modelling next week once I’m back from sunning myself in Fuerte Ventura!

Jay

98AA41BF-ED82-4EEB-9FE4-2E13D2D15053.jpeg

• Like 14

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

I’ve returned from Fuerte Ventura nicely toasted and have had a productive couple of days finalizing the MAG members day in Derby (details to be announced post SWAG) and finally had a full day on Middleton Top. I have another two half days set aside this week with the hope of constructing the fiddle yard. Materials have also been ordered for the backscene and fascia but will be a couple of weeks before installation can happen as I have a gypsy punk album to record all next week. Feeling confident it’s all on track for SWAG now, which is nice. 

Jay

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Looking forward to MAG, I have sent you a PM but I’m not sure if it went if you don’t reply I’ll try again.

Brian

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, 88C said:

Looking forward to MAG, I have sent you a PM but I’m not sure if it went if you don’t reply I’ll try again.

Brian

Hi Brian,

Nothing in the inbox from you so I’d give it another go. 

Jay

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

For those who have recently joined us on this thread I'm organising a RMWeb Midland Area Group event in Derby on 22nd September this year. MAG will follow a similar format to SWAG in Taunton albeit a little more compact, but will give the opportunity for us Midlands types to get together in the real world and also check out some excellent modelling. 

The full line up and updates will be posted on MAG's thread (link below) - do give this a follow and hope to see you there!

Jay

• Like 6
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)

Backscene development. 

Anyone tried this before? I’ve got some plain 100% cotton fabric, using cold dye (blue and grey) and deliberately doing a crap job of it so it remains patchy. 

I’ll post results up when it done!

Jay

8237A5C4-DD85-464D-9C66-23159DC75B66.jpeg

Edited by JustinDean
  • Like 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 5

• RMweb Gold
19 hours ago, JustinDean said:

Backscene development. 

Anyone tried this before? I’ve got some plain 100% cotton fabric, using cold dye (blue and grey) and deliberately doing a crap job of it so it remains patchy. 

Jay

Yeah Baby ! 

Tie-dye back scene..........far out ! 

Groovy Sheep. 

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 8

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

Yeah Baby ! 

Tie-dye back scene..........far out ! 

Groovy Sheep. 

I was going more for The Levellers c1992 vibe mate. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
36 minutes ago, JustinDean said:

I was going more for The Levellers c1992 vibe mate. 

Well, I am a sixties sheep.........

• Like 2

On 08/04/2024 at 11:36, JustinDean said:

Backscene development. 

Jay

I used a cloth backscene. In lockdown I needed some cloth to do the backscene for Yelverton. With no cloth to hand I used wallpaper lining paper as a temporary solution and have never looked back.

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

Looking good mate, and the 4 years of hard toil is really paying off. I wish I could work that quickly! Hope SWAG goes well, and I look forward to seeing the layout 'live' later in the year.

G

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1